This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Ghost
    Ugh... I hate that we only lost by one, if we had of lost by 30 to a 9-0 team I wouldn't have this taste in my mouth, it is the fact that we almost had a huge upset like the Dolphins did last week and with a lot less press hyping the game up as a potential upset game. 1 POINT!!! If only we had of taken a couple chances down field on third and longs instead of running draws that gained like 4-6 yards and forced us to punt or kick.
    that seems to be the general feeling amongst the fans today

dammit

Comment

Who do you think we will have starting on the line next year that we do now? I am going to say that Peters and Fowler are locks, but are we going to have 2 new guards next year? Will Pennington be a starter next year or will he be a backup again? I hate asking this every year about the Bills...

Comment

Who do you think we will have starting on the line next year that we do now? I am going to say that Peters and Fowler are locks, but are we going to have 2 new guards next year? Will Pennington be a starter next year or will he be a backup again? I hate asking this every year about the Bills...
        Just go find 4 really big TEs and stick em where they need to be

But really, I'd like Peters (obviosuly) and Fowler. Gandy I don't hate as a guard but who knows, I'd rather replace the RG first (Preston hasnt showed me anything of starting quality, Villarrial disappoints). Pennington has only played two games so far, so who knows there. He hasnt looked too good, but I dont know how mcuh we're expecting of him right now. We want to see strides in Butler to see how he'll figure in, but we'll have to definitely bring in somebody (RG is the way to go imo)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee
          Just go find 4 really big TEs and stick em where they need to be

But really, I'd like Peters (obviosuly) and Fowler. Gandy I don't hate as a guard but who knows, I'd rather replace the RG first (Preston hasnt showed me anything of starting quality, Villarrial disappoints). Pennington has only played two games so far, so who knows there. He hasnt looked too good, but I dont know how mcuh we're expecting of him right now. We want to see strides in Butler to see how he'll figure in, but we'll have to definitely bring in somebody (RG is the way to go imo)
          Joe Staley.. he is a second round (later) pick. And started his college career as a TE. He would be a wonderful pick at RT, or even moving him in at LG

Comment

Are you the poster formerly known as Lee Evans?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee
              Are you the poster formerly known as Lee Evans?
              HaHa.. yup. They told me that I couldnt have a name that resembled a players and made me change it. I told them, on the Bills message board I have been Lee_Evans since his draft day and thats what most people know me by.. but they didnt care.

Oh Well!

Comment

Damn, I was looking at all the picks directly after or directly before our first round picks in the last 6 drafts, excluding last year and 2005 where we didn't have a first rounder, here is what it looks like.

25. Chris Hovan
                26. Erik Flowers
                27. Anthony Becht

I am pretty sure that I would rather have picked Chris Hovan, damn the Vikings to hell!!!

20. Adam Archuleta
                21. Nate Clements
                22. Will Allen

I like who we got there, unfotunately he hasn't been good at all in the last 10 games he has played in, well, today was pretty good actually.

3. Joey Harrington
                4. Mike Williams
                5. Quentin Jammer

Well, all of them are pretty, well, really bad, but Jammer is probably the best player now.

22. Rex Grossman
                23. Willis McGahee
                24. Dallas Clark

No complaints here at all, easy the biggest steal of round one. Well, maybe Larry Johnson is just as good...

12. Jonathan Vilma
                13. Lee Evans
                14. Tommie Harris

I love Lee Evans and all, but I would rather have Tommie Harris, not back then when we weren't running this defense, but if we had this staff back then I think that we would have gone with Harris probably, even though we had Williams and Adams, who obviously don't fit the scheme we run now.

21. Vince Wilfork
                22. J.P. Losman
                23. Marcus Tubbs

I don't really mind this pick at all, but if we were using the scheme that we were at the time, I would rather have Wilfork, but this kind of doesn't matter because of the above part about Harris.

Oh well, not that bad other than the Flowers and Willaims picks... those were really bad picks... Flowers was with the team for what? 1 season? Mike Williams was a huge disapointment, I don't want Blalock because he is a Longhorn :|

Comment

From a Colts fan, you guys played an amazing game today. As much as I feel that it was the Colts who didn't show up, I feel that you guys played with more heart and intensity today.

By the way, London Fletcher-Baker was at ManGod status today and I've noticed he's been like this all year. What do you guys think of him?
                  Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

He is the best linebacker in the league :mrgreen:

Seriously, he is the most over-looked middle linebacker in the league.

Comment

Oh man do I miss Big Pat and Sam
                      No regime would mess with what our defense was doing 3 years ago. The picks were what everyone knew needed to be picked. Evans was predicatble and we all knew a new QB was needed to take over for Drew. (However I liked Schaub better). Even if it was this cover 2 regime, they would've been run out if they dared mess with our defense/big guys back then. In the long run we would kill to have guys like Harris, but oh well, we did what needed to be done.
                      (losing Big Pat was the worst move ever)

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01
                        From a Colts fan, you guys played an amazing game today. As much as I feel that it was the Colts who didn't show up, I feel that you guys played with more heart and intensity today.

By the way, London Fletcher-Baker was at ManGod status today and I've noticed he's been like this all year. What do you guys think of him?
                        As much as London was all over the field, I think Crowell was EVERYWHERE making plays

Comment

Crowell is putting up pro bowl numbers this year as is Fletcher and if Spikes was healthy(which I doubt he is) I think he would be as well. Our LB core is flat out awesome.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Does everyone think that London Fletcher will be gone this offseason..
                            If so, what will the Bills do at MLB??

I think that he will, and I think they will move Crowell into the middle, and Ellison or some other LB will be aquired to fill the OLB spot

Comment

Originally posted by drmoyer421
                              Does everyone think that London Fletcher will be gone this offseason..
                              If so, what will the Bills do at MLB??

I think that he will, and I think they will move Crowell into the middle, and Ellison or some other LB will be aquired to fill the OLB spot
                              If Fletcher goes, I will be royally pissed. He has been a beast this year. I understand the whole youth movement thing, but he is playing at a pro bowl level and has not slowed down 1 bit. I strongly disagree with moving Crowell, he is doing awesome where he is, I dont want to mess with that.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

What do you guys think about our team needs now?

Right now I'm thinking (in no particular order) we need:

WR, OT, OG, QB

We don't have a Solid Number 2 WR and I think a big target like Dwayne Jarrett is exactly what we need. At OT, this all depends on Terance Penningtons performance on the rest of the year, at OG Chris Villarial is flat out done and Mike Gandy COULD be upgraded. As for QB, JP Losman just isn't doing it.

CB and LB could be needs, I really hope we lock up Fletch and Nate -- Nate is truly awesome and takes a lot of undeserved heat, we need him.

DT

Our D-Line is performing well and applying good pressure BUT we really need a true Nose Tackle who can free things up for our penetrating DT's -- who have a combined 0 sacks this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information