This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by debrook5 View Post
    Here is a thought prob already brought up but I think it is the best option for the Bills. The Cards at 5 want to move up. They want a QB and I am not sold on either one of them. To much of a contract vs risk with the QB's this year. Trade from 3 to 5 and we can still land Von Miller or Peterson.
    This would be good depending on what we got back..

Though, I want to pose a question to you guys...say this trade goes through, do you think that Arizona is really targeting a QB or do they want Miller? It seems illogical that a now veteran coaching staff would want to bring in a rookie signal caller versus making a trade for someone with experience- then again, there is the whole issue with the lockout so I guess this (bringing in a rook qb) could be possible. However a pass rusher like Miller has to be at the top of their board and Arizona does have a SERIOUS need for an edge rusher. I think if Arizona pushes for this trade it is because they want Miller and not a qb. Just my opinion...

Comment

• Regarding the trade, if it were to go through, would the compensation we got in return for the trade be worth the chance of losing Miller?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
        Regarding the trade, if it were to go through, would the compensation we got in return for the trade be worth the chance of losing Miller?
        IMO, the trade to move down is thier second round pick, or thier first next year or I stay and take whomever I want. That way even if they take Miller, we get the best player in the draft (Peterson), the top QB in the draft(Gabbert, according to many) if the Panthers take Newton, Broncos take Dareus, Cardinals take Gabbert or Miller, and the Bengals take Green or they could grab Quinn, that also makes it easier to take Jordan or Watt if they really want too. That way it is worth it, unless they are in love with Miller, then you dont risk it period. If they are not in love with him they take the chance, again IMO. IF you know without a doubt that they want Gabbert, and they their second, its a no brainner...
        "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Poz51 View Post
          IMO, the trade to move down is thier second round pick, or thier first next year or I stay and take whomever I want. That way even if they take Miller, we get the best player in the draft (Peterson), the top QB in the draft(Gabbert, according to many) if the Panthers take Newton, Broncos take Dareus, Cardinals take Gabbert or Miller, and the Bengals take Green or they could grab Quinn, that also makes it easier to take Jordan or Watt if they really want too. That way it is worth it, unless they are in love with Miller, then you dont risk it period. If they are not in love with him they take the chance, again IMO. IF you know without a doubt that they want Gabbert, and they their second, its a no brainner...
          Right? I agree! I was just curious on others thoughts about Miller to the Bills. I think regardless of whether the Cards take Miller or Gabbert we would be able to land Peterson -who has been my personal choice for like the last year haha- and then still be able to pick up a quality edge rusher in the beginning of the second round, ie Brooks Reed please. THEN with the extra second we could land a OT like Sherrod or maybe Rudolph if he is still there.

Comment

• I'm getting close to finalizing what I want/expect the Bills to do draft day. In this drat I'm assuming the Carolina takes Newton and Denver takes Dareus. I also think these guys would be #1 and #2 on the Bills board.

If we don't take a QB in the 1st, I don't think we should take one at all. There is no point on reaching for a guy in the 2nd or 3rd who may never be more than a backup, when we should be able to get starters at other positions with those picks. Give with a chance with a stabilized line and healthy WR's and see what he can do being the #1 going into camp. If he fails we will likely have a shot at Barkley, Jones, Foles, Lindley, etc...whoever establishes themselves as the #2 or #3 QB behind Luck. (I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a shot at him)

If we don't address the 5 tech position in the 1st, I think we will wait till the 4th as this is a deep draft for D-line and its likely that the guy we draft will be a rotational player, as I feel Carrington will start. There were some performance metrics on a site that said Carrington was great in the time he played and we needed to give him more playing time.

On to the mock.......

1. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
            2. Derek Sherrod OT Miss St.
            3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU
            4a. Curtis Marsh CB Utah St.
            4b. Lawrence Guy DE Arizona St.
            5. Julius Thomas TE Portland St.
            6. Joe Lefeged SS Rutgers
            7a. Josh Bynes ILB Auburn
            7b. Allen Bradford RB USC

What are your thoughts?

*yes, I know there is a mock draft thread, but it doesn't get much traffic*

Comment

• No arguments here...I would be content with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                I'm getting close to finalizing what I want/expect the Bills to do draft day. In this drat I'm assuming the Carolina takes Newton and Denver takes Dareus. I also think these guys would be #1 and #2 on the Bills board.

If we don't take a QB in the 1st, I don't think we should take one at all. There is no point on reaching for a guy in the 2nd or 3rd who may never be more than a backup, when we should be able to get starters at other positions with those picks. Give with a chance with a stabilized line and healthy WR's and see what he can do being the #1 going into camp. If he fails we will likely have a shot at Barkley, Jones, Foles, Lindley, etc...whoever establishes themselves as the #2 or #3 QB behind Luck. (I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a shot at him)

If we don't address the 5 tech position in the 1st, I think we will wait till the 4th as this is a deep draft for D-line and its likely that the guy we draft will be a rotational player, as I feel Carrington will start. There were some performance metrics on a site that said Carrington was great in the time he played and we needed to give him more playing time.

On to the mock.......

What are your thoughts?

*yes, I know there is a mock draft thread, but it doesn't get much traffic*
                Good thoughts, good mock, I love the 2nd -4th rounds in particular. Overall I like the draft as a whole, nice job :)
                "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• [QUOTE=Captain Canuck;2578374]I'm getting close to finalizing what I want/expect the Bills to do draft day. In this drat I'm assuming the Carolina takes Newton and Denver takes Dareus. I also think these guys would be #1 and #2 on the Bills board.

On to the mock.......

What are your thoughts?

I certainly love the 1st 2 picks however, it might be a stretch to think Sherrod will fall to us. NE drafts before us in round 2 and they are looking at OT's, that's of course if Sherrod doesn't go round 1 which is a more likely scenario.
                  As for Miller, I think we are looking at another Ware, the Cowboy's outside LB. He is going to be one heck of a dynamic player who will give our defense a real punch.
                  I think Kelvin Sheppard is a tad overrated and can be had in round 4.
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

• http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...1-9ee9eb2d9101

Can't allow a fan his halftime cigarette? Seriously?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Why so serious mixtape to drop very soon
                      http://www.g5gionline.net/category/news/
                      2 songs out now

Comment

• That was some pretty serious dough we gave to Brad Smith. Had to compensate somehow for not using our first round pick on a kick returner.

Comment

• 3.75 mill per yr = serious dough ?

Comment

• Looks like you guys are getting Nick Barnett. He's still a descent player but he's been pretty streaky the past few seasons along with injury prone. Still has some left in the tank and I think he'll be pretty motivated this season.

Comment

• More moves the bills should do

Cut Kelsay, go all out 34 quit bsing around.
                              Cut Torbor
                              Cut David Martin
                              Cut Cordaro Howard/Mansfield Wrotto
                              Sign OLB Matt Roth
                              Sign ILB Channing Crowder
                              Sign TE Kevin Boss
                              Sign OT Ryan Harris/Jared Gaither

Comment

• I'm okay with the Brad Smith deal. We have some really explosive guys on our offense now. We just need a QB to get it to them in space.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information