Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Bills Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That settles it. Im trying to go to the Pats game.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      That settles it. Im trying to go to the Pats game.
      might see ya there if we can get some cheap tix.

      Comment


      • Between Easley going to IR, Ruvell Martin having no catches on 3 targets that hit him, and Roscoe now being out long term - is there any doubt that it's time for some Naaman?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Between Easley going to IR, Ruvell Martin having no catches on 3 targets that hit him, and Roscoe now being out long term - is there any doubt that it's time for some Naaman?
          Gotta be. I'm so jacked up for the Pats game, please no classic Bills letdown :(
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

          Comment


          • You guys have done great so far, a real exciting team to watch. I am glad Fitzpatrick is having success, he is a good QB and has a cool back story IMO.

            I'm just mapping out a mock draft, I think you guys will probably be picking in the late teens/early 20s. Would you say the biggest need is a LT? I think Datko or Reily Reiff would be great picks. A WR like Jeff Fuller would also make sense.

            Anyways it is great to see the Bills off to a hot start. They haven't been this exciting to watch since the days of Flutie!!!!

            Comment


            • Parrish has officially gone to the IR, and Roosevelt has been called up to the 53 man roster.
              And I was listening to the Edge today and they were talking about how with Urbik out 2-4 weeks, we only have 1 interior lineman left (depth-wise).. Colin Brown. We just signed Keith Williams to the PS, and Michael Jasper. That is flat out embarrassing. We desperately need help on the OLine. There is little to no depth across the board, whatsoever.

              And SolidGold, to answer your question..
              We seem to have quite a few needs to be honest. Demetrius Bell, our starting LT, has not looked bad at all since the regular season started. But he seems to run hot and cold. One week he'll be good, and the next he flat out sucks. So LT is a possibility. However, Gailey seems to really like Hairston at LT and is grooming him to be the starter there (I think). I'd like to see the other Bills fans on here weigh in on that. Our pass-rush has been absent throughout the first two games, so that may be an issue. I really don't see Merriman staying healthy for 17 weeks, as well. However, the two teams we've played so far possess run-heavy offenses, so that may be a possibility as to why we have not blitzed too much. This week's game against NE should be a good game to see where we stand in that department. Our CBs haven't looked great.. McGee is always hurt, and McKelvin seems to get burned every other day. Gailey seems to be losing his patience with him, or at least that's how he sounded in the training camp interviews. WR could be another possibility, but I think that'll be addressed in the middle rounds somewhere. Hope that helps and I'd like to hear some other Bills fans' opinions.


              Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                Parrish has officially gone to the IR, and Roosevelt has been called up to the 53 man roster.
                And I was listening to the Edge today and they were talking about how with Urbik out 2-4 weeks, we only have 1 interior lineman left (depth-wise).. Colin Brown. We just signed Keith Williams to the PS, and Michael Jasper. That is flat out embarrassing. We desperately need help on the OLine. There is little to no depth across the board, whatsoever.

                And SolidGold, to answer your question..
                We seem to have quite a few needs to be honest. Demetrius Bell, our starting LT, has not looked bad at all since the regular season started. But he seems to run hot and cold. One week he'll be good, and the next he flat out sucks. So LT is a possibility. However, Gailey seems to really like Hairston at LT and is grooming him to be the starter there (I think). I'd like to see the other Bills fans on here weigh in on that. Our pass-rush has been absent throughout the first two games, so that may be an issue. I really don't see Merriman staying healthy for 17 weeks, as well. However, the two teams we've played so far possess run-heavy offenses, so that may be a possibility as to why we have not blitzed too much. This week's game against NE should be a good game to see where we stand in that department. Our CBs haven't looked great.. McGee is always hurt, and McKelvin seems to get burned every other day. Gailey seems to be losing his patience with him, or at least that's how he sounded in the training camp interviews. WR could be another possibility, but I think that'll be addressed in the middle rounds somewhere. Hope that helps and I'd like to hear some other Bills fans' opinions.
                If we spend another premium pick on a CB, I will kill someone. Assuming Fitz doesn't implode, I think OT and OLB are our 2 most pressing needs. I also wouldn't mind using early selections on a MLB or WR if the right prospect was there.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  If we spend another premium pick on a CB, I will kill someone. Assuming Fitz doesn't implode, I think OT and OLB are our 2 most pressing needs. I also wouldn't mind using early selections on a MLB or WR if the right prospect was there.
                  As will I. But if McKelvin fails to improve over the course of the season, I will as well. Hopefully Williams makes some major strides and flashes some potential over the course of the season. I'm really hoping that Bell is consistent over the course of the season (yeah, right) so we can finally scratch LT off the list of needs. I'd like to see RG upgraded for sure, but not in the 1st. RT is a need, as well. We absolutely need to get some pass-rushers in here because that is imperative in the 3-4. What are your thoughts on Burfict at ILB? Who would you compare him to that is currently in the league?


                  Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                    As will I. But if McKelvin fails to improve over the course of the season, I will as well. Hopefully Williams makes some major strides and flashes some potential over the course of the season. I'm really hoping that Bell is consistent over the course of the season (yeah, right) so we can finally scratch LT off the list of needs. I'd like to see RG upgraded for sure, but not in the 1st. RT is a need, as well. We absolutely need to get some pass-rushers in here because that is imperative in the 3-4. What are your thoughts on Burfict at ILB? Who would you compare him to that is currently in the league?
                    I ******* love Burfict. Like man crush status. As far as a comparison, I have no idea....the only way to describe his play is INTENSE; kinda like a poor man's old school Ray Lewis. Thats not a great comparison though.....idk, you need to see him play. I also love Michael Floyd. Not surprisingly, those are the 2 guys I was referring to as "the right prospects" as I figure they could be coming off the board around where we should pick.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      I ******* love Burfict. Like man crush status. As far as a comparison, I have no idea....the only way to describe his play is INTENSE; kinda like a poor man's old school Ray Lewis. Thats not a great comparison though.....idk, you need to see him play. I also love Michael Floyd. Not surprisingly, those are the 2 guys I was referring to as "the right prospects" as I figure they could be coming off the board around where we should pick.

                      Is Burfict strictly an ILB? Or even, would his talents be better suited for the inside? I really hate when the team switches players in and out of positions (ala Moats/Batten). Kind of a square peg in a round hole mentality. I'd rather just pick one and stick to it so they can maximize the player's potential. A Burfict/Sheppard ILB pair could be possible next year.

                      And in terms of a comparison (I'm just throwing this one out there.. I've never really watched Burfict play much), what do you think of a Burfict/Urlacher comparison?
                      Last edited by Rob S; 09-21-2011, 12:03 AM.


                      Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                      Comment


                      • I actually think Vontaze could play outside because he is such an amazing blitzer. I don't love the Urlacher comparison because Vontaze isn't nearly as good in coverage and he is a better blitzer and much bigger hitter. Burfict is actually pretty smooth in coverage, but he has elite blitzing ability, so its almost a waste to drop him.
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          I actually think Vontaze could play outside because he is such an amazing blitzer. I don't love the Urlacher comparison because Vontaze isn't nearly as good in coverage and he is a better blitzer and much bigger hitter. Burfict is actually pretty smooth in coverage, but he has elite blitzing ability, so its almost a waste to drop him.
                          So you think that he should be switched to the rush 'backer position in our 3-4? Because Davis is our thumper, and Barnett hasn't blitzed much.

                          Here's a good article about him from SportingNews.

                          http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ontaze-burfict


                          Originally Posted by scottyboy
                          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                            Is Burfict strictly an ILB? Or even, would his talents be better suited for the inside? I really hate when the team switches players in and out of positions (ala Moats/Batten). Kind of a square peg in a round hole mentality. I'd rather just pick one and stick to it so they can maximize the player's potential. A Burfict/Sheppard ILB pair could be possible next year.

                            And in terms of a comparison (I'm just throwing this one out there.. I've never really watched Burfict play much), what do you think of a Burfict/Urlacher comparison?
                            We haven't switched Batten around since the initial change when we drafted him, which was the only place he could fit in our defense. Our fascination with standing up Carrington is a lot more interesting, but I think that's just because we're a lot deeper at DE than OLB. Moats is still very interesting once he's healthy, since we never replaced Eddins at OLB and he is an interesting rush option either inside or out.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                              So you think that he should be switched to the rush 'backer position in our 3-4? Because Davis is our thumper, and Barnett hasn't blitzed much.

                              Here's a good article about him from SportingNews.

                              http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ontaze-burfict
                              I think he would still be better suited for the middle, but he could move outside.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                              Comment


                              • I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely juiced for this game on Sunday.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information