This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    Ugh......I'm bitter about that Stevie Johnson call, but we didn't deserve to win that game. We were completely flat in the 2nd half.
    I am also sad about this.. but there are still lots of games cummin'...
    Check out your favorite NFL Games here: http://www.NFLTVGAMES.COM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      Ugh......I'm bitter about that Stevie Johnson call, but we didn't deserve to win that game. We were completely flat in the 2nd half.
      That was a horrible call (certainly did not help in the loss, but would have helped...), where did the ref who made that call come from? The two I saw closest to the play ruled it a catch, then ?? came in from ??, and ruled ??

I agree though, we did not do anything in the 2nd half to win the game, and I thought Fitzy did not have a good game in general, missed alot of open recievers on blitz's, and was horribly inaccurate the whole game...

Speaking of blitzing... Has anyone else noticed Buffalo does not? I think I counted 3 against Cincy, and one against NE. Is it me?

Watching the Skins, Packers and Jets games yesterday, in addition to the Bills game, do the refs call holding anymore? The Troup hold on the Gresham TD was an obvious blown call (although the ref was staring at it), Skins game there was several, its something I have noticed the last couple weeks... Is it me?

Good news is the Eagles can not stop the run, Trent Cole is out for the game, and they can not cover a back or a TE worth crap... Thoughts on how this plays out?
      Last edited by Poz51; 10-03-2011, 11:54 AM.
      "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• I agree, we don't blitz much. Of course I can't be positive as to why, but our LBers sucking ass is the most likely explanation. I feel like we should have brought the house on at least a few occasions to see if Dalton would **** his pants.

As for the Eagles, I see it being a close one. It's at home which is huge. I think a lot of it will come down to how we do against Vick. I think our offense will score, but I think Shady McCoy and D Jax will get theirs. If we can keep Vick from making big plays and keep Maclin in check, then I think we win.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• It was a trap game emotionally for the team. After being sky high for NE, they couldn't get up for Cincy. The really solid teams win these games narrowly, average teams get beat.
          We are a dangerous team who all the top teams won't like facing but we are probably not a playoff team.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Not only is Cole out for that game but also Peters. He is Shady's favorite person to run behind so that will be another bonus for you. Also get Watkins playing his first game at RG on the year. As bad as Devan has played so far this year may be an upgrade even then first start for a rookie there.

Another issue with Cole being out is that the Eagles may move Jenkins at times to end along with Hunt. With the loss of Dixon the middle of that line they may be even more exposed there.

The Eagles are a desperate team and this game could go either way. I think the Eagles will barely slip by but if the Bills win wouldn't surprise me. There is alot of talent there and a good young team that will only get better. Good luck on Sunday!

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl
              Rob, are you going Sunday?
              No, possibly Faddy's though. Tix to the Meadowlads are so effing expensive. I am going to Bills-Jets and Bills-Phins in Buffalo though. I honestly prefer making the drive all the way to Buffalo....tix are so much cheaper, the atmosphere is much better and total cost is really close including the gas.

I did hear about this $40 bus thing with unlimited beer and hot dogs that take people to all Jets and Giants games. That intrigued me and almost made me get some tix.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Kyle Williams is out today... that is terrible news, but we did play the whole second half without him vs. the Eagles

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• You guys need some smarter more intelligent DBs. **** I am so angry

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• At least it was an entertaining game.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The refs suck ass this yr. seems like we always get f'ed over a few times a game.

Like how did fred jack not get a PI call on a like 3rd and 4 he was getting held like a mofo, it was more PI than the late one d-flo got. and there were more but cant think.

and Fitz needs to hit SJ13 on those 2 INTs SJ had 2-3 steps both times

we have no/little pass rush. its funny to watch other games and see teams that can rush the QB makes their DBs look good as the QB has 2-3 secs. but watch a bills the QB has all day.
                      Last edited by redbills; 10-16-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• As of right now, what are our top needs heading into the offseason?

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                          As of right now, what are our top needs heading into the offseason?
                          PASS RUSH
                          We have none.

CB
                          McGee old, McLovin meh, D-Flo old, Williams could become a good #2 type, Rogers as a nickle/dime DB.

WR
                          SJ #1 guy, Jones I like more as a backup, Nelson the solt, Parrish is sure as gone imo. Easley I like but needs to be healthy.

O-Line (OT and depth C/G)

Comment

• Posted this elsewhere, but here is what I have to say today.

"Fitzpatrick's two under throws and Flroence's terrible coverage gave that game away. Both picks Stevie had more than a step and a half on Webster, and Florence had 3 PI's ontop of all the passes he gave up all day. Got beat like a drum."

"I'm not going to even get started on how pathetic the Bills pass rush is because I've just accepted it at this point. They've had 4 sacks all year and get zero pressure unless the coverage holds up for 20 seconds. Williams and Merriman being injured only makes things worse. I really hope they pick up a pass rusher in the off season, anyone can pass on the Bills right now if they don't throw 4 picks like Vick and Brady. If they put a pass rush together the Bills will be real, but until then at best they're a borderline wildcard team that plays everyone tough."

As far as our off-season needs, re-sign Fitzpatrick, Stevie, probably Bell, Pears, Urbik and Rinehart. It would be nice to have some continuity even if hopefully some of the starters up front got pushed to backup roles and just provided much better depth than what we have already, but honestly, the line has been great all year. We'll probably re-sign Lindell, Bryan Scott and Reggie Corner too, the only guy I'd really worry about is Stevie because he might have too big of a head for Buffalo, but we'll find out. If we lost him we'd be ******, but theres always the franchise tag and who knows how Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt will progress.

If we wanted to pick up anyone in free agency, right now theres some pretty nice looking players to be had that might be available. Stealing Ahmad Brooks from the 49ers would be unbelievable, same Anthony Spencer but I can't see him leaving Dallas. Rashean Mathis might be worth a look, replace one former Jag in Florence with another one in Mathis... I'd rather not pick up any older veterans in free agency though, just getting Ahmad Brooks would be amazing.

draft at least 4 linebackers... The offense is fine, just pick up a couple journeymen backup offensive linemen, the defense needs to get its **** together a lot more. Maybe drop a mid-rounder on a receiver that we could develop or an athletic tight end with upside.

Now I'd like to take some time to bash on Andra Davis. He is actually the worst linebacker I've seen play in years, I'm not even kidding, I think he is legitimately on the field to run into the pile and just occupy someone and we hope that George Wilson or Jairus Byrd can come up and make a play on the runner at the LOS if they find a gap. Him in coverage is the most painful thing to watch ever. Him on Bradshaw was just embarrassing, and then even against a no name tight-end he was getting completely slaughtered in coverage, he has no speed at all and I hate him.

None of our linebackers are really long-term starting material as far as I'm concerned (Merriman, Kelsay and Barnett are adequate but 3 adequate guys and then a rookie/piece of **** in the Davis/Sheppard rotation is a pretty ****** 4 man team of linebackers). Sheppard is a complete unknown for me now, I see him involved in some interior running plays sometimes but that's about it. Moats is pretty obviously the best pass rusher we have when given an opportunity, but he is undersized and inconsistent. I've stated my hatred for Davis, but neither he, nor Barnett offer any real pressure as blitzers from anywhere on the field. Kirk Morrison used to be kind of athletic but all I remember from his days in Oakland is people saying he gets completely washed out in the run game and makes plays 5+ yards down field which isn't helpful at all. He was available in late August for a reason. Merriman and Kelsay are both hurt right now, but neither of them are ever going to improve upon what they are right now, and that is just sad. White and Batten will never be more than special teams players. Carrington just simply is not a linebacker, he is 300+ and is just waiting for more playing time, but we're pretty set up front with solid players throughout the rotation of Dareus, Edwards and Johnson, and both Dareus and Johnson can provide some pressure from their spots, but without an edge rush forcing quarterbacks to step up into the pocket that they're pushing, its pretty useless as we saw when Andy Dalton rolled right on every single play against us a few weeks ago and just did what he wanted for 8 seconds and usually ended up finding Gresham or something... Today Eli didn't even have to roll away from the interior pressure usually.

Invest heavy in big athletic linebackers on draft day next year please, Mr. Nix. I know Gailey would love to play with some more talent on offense, and the results might not be as noticeable right away by investing more in the defense, but do it please... Or find a way to get Robert Mathis from the Colts and just tell him to rush the passer every play and force people to either roll left or step up into Williams and Dareus...
                            Last edited by Vox Populi; 10-17-2011, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• I don't disagree with the need for linebackers, but Vick threw 4 picks because of our pass rush. That was the only time I've seen us get pressure and doesn't really change things, but it was a direct cause.

Sheppard was actually the one who forced the pick-6 in that game when he got right at Vick untouched. I think they've said he's the starter over Davis now, but it's really just hoping for good progression from him rather than solving our problems.

Shouldn't be any doubt that OLB is our biggest need.

Comment

• I read over on BBMB that Sheppard is going to be starting in place of Davis from now on.
                                Can anyone else confirm/refute this?

Also, does anyone else have a mancrush on Corey McIntyre?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information