Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats game in two days! Anybody going? Give me grill suggestions and I will grill it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
      I hope you got peed on.

Come back for the Bulldogs game on Tuesday.
      Well...I did pee on myself a bit when I went to the washroom.

As for the Bulldogs, Heh....Marlies or bust!

Comment

• We really, really, really, really ******* needed that win over the Titans. We'd almost be WC favorites right now haha....AFC is so putrid.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
          We really, really, really, really ******* needed that win over the Titans. We'd almost be WC favorites right now haha....AFC is so putrid.
          The rest of Buffalo's schedule actually looks quite tame. If the Bills had their **** together they could easily win a lot of what is left. They can't seem to get out of their own way though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
            The rest of Buffalo's schedule actually looks quite tame. If the Bills had their **** together they could easily win a lot of what is left. They can't seem to get out of their own way though.
            Indy next week is the game. If we win that (I highly doubt it, but still...it's not like this team, especially the defense, doesn't have talent) then we are in with a legit shot at running the table. If we lose to Indy bad, I could see us imploding and going 5-11 or 6-10.

Comment

• I wouldn't "highly doubt" beating Indy. We're not favored and for good reason, but I don't feel overwhelmed by that game, at all. One of the two toughest games left, on paper, but very winnable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S
                Too be honest, I don't like it. IMO, we need to improve our OL as a first priority, protecting Manual has to be done or he will continue to get injured.
                Our defense can already hold its own but our offense needs more pieces to the puzzle unless FA sees us losing a # of starters, a not uncommon practice for the Bills. Of course, it will all depend on who is available when it is our pick.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                  Too be honest, I don't like it. IMO, we need to improve our OL as a first priority, protecting Manual has to be done or he will continue to get injured.
                  Our defense can already hold its own but our offense needs more pieces to the puzzle unless FA sees us losing a # of starters, a not uncommon practice for the Bills. Of course, it will all depend on who is available when it is our pick.
                  I didn't love it overall either. I most definitely do love getting 'the Sex' back in the fold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                    I didn't love it overall either. I most definitely do love getting 'the Sex' back in the fold.
                    I wondered about that.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ruthlessrussian
                      So it seems like the hype train is carrying Greg Robinson up the draft board, even before his combine numbers. The consensus has been that we take him at 9 but at the moment it doesn't seem like he is going to be there. If that is the case does Taylor Lewan fit into what the team wants? I have to say Eric Ebron is looking pretty good right now. That and Gabe Jackson needs to be on this team.
                      Lets take a look.

Right now I think 3 QB's are going in the top 5 IMO. Consensus is top 8, either way 3 QB's are more than likely off the board by 9, that leaves 5 guys the Bills wont have to choose from.

Clowney looks like he will go #1 or to ATL likely no later than 6, ATL is already about wanting Clowney and moving up. One way or another IMO he is gone by 6. Thats if Houston doesnt go Clowney 1.

Watkins is going to Cleveland, Oakland or T.B. most likely from what I have read.

Khalil Mack fever is reaching an fevered Pitch, I dont see him lasting too long, Mayock thinks #1, Jax, Oakland, T.B. and Minny are all mentioned as well. IMO he is also likely gone by 9.

Lets say St. Louis trades back, which most believe is going to happen, wether it be Clowney or a QB, someone is moving up by the majority of opinions and realistic beliefs IMO. All likelyhood they are taking a tackle, connections to Matthews and Fisher are documented, Robinson fits what he likes and even Lewan looks like he might be making a push. Robinson appears to be the most raw, but the highest upside. Matthews the best technique and NFL ready. Lewan might be becoming the best of the bunch overall with his combine showing.

If Atlanta doesnt get Clowney, they likely go LT.

So.... Imo Buffalo will likely have a T being the highest rated player on the board, and will have thier pick likely of 2 or the top 3 tackles, or one barring a trade will fall. Lewan could be there, and he could fit. Held his own vs. Clowney, showing at the combine that he might be the most athletic of the 3. Robinson or Matthews could be there and any of the three fits at RT. Even long term LT, but I still dont see them replacing Glenn.

3 QB's (maybe 4, Minny reaching)
                      2 T's (at the most IMO baring a trade up, St. Louis/T.B.)
                      1 WR (maaaaybe 2 if St. Louis or Minny(?) falls in love with Evans)
                      1 DE (Dont see anyone other than Clowney going that high)
                      1 OLB (Maybe 2 if someone takes Barr)

Minny could be interesting, maybe adding Barr into the equation, they could "reach" again for a QB, could take Barr to Pass Rush, they are a bit of a wild card.

To your point, with Ebron running a 4.6, I think he'll be there and one of the tackles, and I think its between the two for us. Either way, the offense would get markedly better. Robinson could be there. Buffalo will land an blue chipper regardless.

I like Jackson as well. Reminds me alot of Warford last year, and loved Warford and had a first round grade on him.
                      "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                        Let's see how he feels after Byrd is lost to FA and begins to realize Wilson doesn't keep many of his expensive FA's.
                        The extra 3 million in cap room teams are getting will limit the excuses for sure, unless Byrd is completely hell bent on leaving.

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Poz51 View Post
                          Lets take a look.

Right now I think 3 QB's are going in the top 5 IMO. Consensus is top 8, either way 3 QB's are more than likely off the board by 9, that leaves 5 guys the Bills wont have to choose from.

Clowney looks like he will go #1 or to ATL likely no later than 6, ATL is already about wanting Clowney and moving up. One way or another IMO he is gone by 6. Thats if Houston doesnt go Clowney 1.

Watkins is going to Cleveland, Oakland or T.B. most likely from what I have read.

Khalil Mack fever is reaching an fevered Pitch, I dont see him lasting too long, Mayock thinks #1, Jax, Oakland, T.B. and Minny are all mentioned as well. IMO he is also likely gone by 9.

Lets say St. Louis trades back, which most believe is going to happen, wether it be Clowney or a QB, someone is moving up by the majority of opinions and realistic beliefs IMO. All likelyhood they are taking a tackle, connections to Matthews and Fisher are documented, Robinson fits what he likes and even Lewan looks like he might be making a push. Robinson appears to be the most raw, but the highest upside. Matthews the best technique and NFL ready. Lewan might be becoming the best of the bunch overall with his combine showing.

If Atlanta doesnt get Clowney, they likely go LT.

So.... Imo Buffalo will likely have a T being the highest rated player on the board, and will have thier pick likely of 2 or the top 3 tackles, or one barring a trade will fall. Lewan could be there, and he could fit. Held his own vs. Clowney, showing at the combine that he might be the most athletic of the 3. Robinson or Matthews could be there and any of the three fits at RT. Even long term LT, but I still dont see them replacing Glenn.

3 QB's (maybe 4, Minny reaching)
                          2 T's (at the most IMO baring a trade up, St. Louis/T.B.)
                          1 WR (maaaaybe 2 if St. Louis or Minny(?) falls in love with Evans)
                          1 DE (Dont see anyone other than Clowney going that high)
                          1 OLB (Maybe 2 if someone takes Barr)

Minny could be interesting, maybe adding Barr into the equation, they could "reach" again for a QB, could take Barr to Pass Rush, they are a bit of a wild card.

To your point, with Ebron running a 4.6, I think he'll be there and one of the tackles, and I think its between the two for us. Either way, the offense would get markedly better. Robinson could be there. Buffalo will land an blue chipper regardless.

I like Jackson as well. Reminds me alot of Warford last year, and loved Warford and had a first round grade on him.

Pretty well how I see it as well although I think Lewan will be the only OT available of the top 3. Of course one of the CB's or a Safety might also be taken.

I like Xavier Su'a-Filo a little better than Jackson but Jackson is a solid mauler.

I think we will be choosing between Ebron, Evans and Lewan, cannot go wrong with this bunch. If Byrd walks then a Safety is likely in the conversation.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

I think we will be choosing between Ebron, Evans and Lewan, cannot go wrong with this bunch. If Byrd walks then a Safety is likely in the conversation.
                            I don't think we'll have to worry about that last part. The talk is if worst comes to worst the front office will franchise Byrd again. On that note, this can't be a good thing. I don't see how he would be happy with this at all.
                            Maybe we trade him afterward?

Anyway.. even if he were to walk, I feel one of the young safeties would step in. That or bring in a lower tiered free agent to replace him. Drafting a safety at this point would be a waste.

My assumption right now is that the pick will be Ebron or Lewan.

Comment

Pretty well how I see it as well although I think Lewan will be the only OT available of the top 3. Of course one of the CB's or a Safety might also be taken.

I like Xavier Su'a-Filo a little better than Jackson but Jackson is a solid mauler.

I would think so as well, although his combine performance has given me pause, as it was the best of the three.

Usually there is a wild card in the top ten, which leads me to beleive there is an outside chance 2 of them maybe available.

I have Filo rated higher overall myself, but either way I'd be happy with either.

I dont see Byrd walking, but I agree a Tackle (I love Robinson and Matthews, but am coming around on Lewan), Ebron or even Evans is in consideration, but with the the possibility of landing a Moncrief or other WR in the 2nd (hell even a guy in the 3rd at WR), the pick should be a Tackle or Ebron.

Not sure I see a top ten safety, but thats a personal opinion.

Deion Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
                                I don't think we'll have to worry about that last part. The talk is if worst comes to worst the front office will franchise Byrd again. On that note, this can't be a good thing. I don't see how he would be happy with this at all.
                                Maybe we trade him afterward?

Anyway.. even if he were to walk, I feel one of the young safeties would step in. That or bring in a lower tiered free agent to replace him. Drafting a safety at this point would be a waste.

My assumption right now is that the pick will be Ebron or Lewan.
                                I dont see how they dont franchise him at worst and trade him, there are only a handful of safeties in this draft worth a crap, then the talent level IMO falls off into oblivion. So trading afterword would be real possibility, as there is a great need. I think he could be replaced with a guy on the roster as well, but there would be a drop off in talent.

Regardless, IMO safety would be a late round possibility at best either way.

Im buying TE or T with the 9th pick, if they go BPA like Marrone said it makes the most sense. Although I still question taking a RT or TE in the top 10 with this management group, and in general, neither happen often if at all with RT.

Deion Sanders

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information