Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more intrigued on the number of unnecessary jumps that Moulds will make while catching the ball. I'll put the O/U at 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Schubert
      Originally posted by Iamcanadian
      Originally posted by Rob Schubert
      Originally posted by Space Ghost
      Originally posted by drmoyer421
      Peters didnt give up a sack today. The only sack by Freeney was when Royal stayed in and blocked and was beat around the end.

And Villarial was replaced today in mid-game for Preston...
      I see a OG in our future this draft!!
      Good, I didn't notice the Villariall change, probably because I missed 10 minutes of the game between the 3rd and 4th quarter or something. Preston isn't horrible, but he is defenitely a backup or a Cardinal. I hope that we are in a spot where taking Justin Blalock wouldn't be a reach at all. He might end up a second rounder depending on his injury though. I haven't read into it at all. Josh Beekman would be good in the second though.

I really would like our draft to be something like this:

1. Alan Branch DT Michigan
      2. Josh Beekman OG Boston College
      3. Rhema McKnight WR Notre Dame
      4. Anthony Waters ILB Clemson
      5. David Irons CB Auburn
      6. Tyler Ecker TE Michigan
      7. Courtney Lewis RB Texas A&M

The last one is just because he is one of my favorite player :mrgreen: I don't know where Irons is right now, I have seen him going anywhere from undrafted to a first rounder. Anthony Waters is injured for the year and I don't know if he can go to the combine healthy, but before the year he was considered a first day lock almost and his injury shouldn't push him further than the early second day. Its only one mans dream though :D
      Alan Branch is not a cover 2 DT. He couldn't play for Jauron. We would never draft him unless Jauron has been fired.
      Branch is athletic enough. He is exactly the guy we need imo. He is a run stuffer but it also athletic enough the chase after the ball.

Cover 2 DT's are small quick guys who can get after the passer not big bruisers who are run stoppers. They play exclusively in the gaps and use their quicks to out manuvour bigger, slower OLmen. Detroit is having a hard time with their cover 2 defense because Shawn Rogers doesn't fit their scheme and may have to be traded. Branch will never suit a cover 2 defense.
      Then I say scrap the cover 2 because our run D sucks. If we need a big body up there to stop the run, so be it. Screw the system. Branch would improve the D imo, so I would like to have him here.
      Well, we run a cover 2 and will continue to do so. Branch isn't in our draft sights unless Levy fires Jauron.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Guys, what do you rank the top OL prospects for the Bills as?

In no order:
        -Justin Blalock
        -Joe Thomas
        -Levi Brown
        -Jake Long
        -Sam Baker

Here's some questions I have....

Do we take Blalock that high? Can he play RT or will he do better at RG like Shawn Andrews?(RT is a much bigger need) Is he mobile enough to be a good pass protector? What range would he be of best value? And do the Cowboys target him?

For Joe Thomas, not too many questions, I think if he falls to us, he is a lock, and we move Peters back to RT.

Levi Brown is very intriguing. He would almost be perfect for RT with his size, explosion (former DT) and pass protecting ability from playing the left side. But why is he not considered so high? Is it injury problems or inconsistency? What range would he be of best value?

Jako Long- Is he better for LT or RT? Can he play LT? Is he good enough a pass protector for the Bills? Is he a project or a step in player? What range would he be of best value?

Sam Baker- Can he run block? Is he physical enough? He will play LT and Peters will move back to RT correct?

If you don't want to answer these questions (Which I'm hoping you do since it will help me in a forum mock), can you at least rank them and tell me what range you expect them to go?

Thanks fellow Bills fans!

Comment

Originally posted by McGahee

In no order:
          -Justin Blalock
          -Joe Thomas
          -Levi Brown
          -Jake Long
          -Sam Baker

Do we take Blalock that high? Can he play RT or will he do better at RG like Shawn Andrews?(RT is a much bigger need) Is he mobile enough to be a good pass protector? What range would he be of best value? And do the Cowboys target him?

For Joe Thomas, not too many questions, I think if he falls to us, he is a lock, and we move Peters back to RT.

Levi Brown is very intriguing. He would almost be perfect for RT with his size, explosion (former DT) and pass protecting ability from playing the left side. But why is he not considered so high? Is it injury problems or inconsistency? What range would he be of best value?

Jako Long- Is he better for LT or RT? Can he play LT? Is he good enough a pass protector for the Bills? Is he a project or a step in player? What range would he be of best value?

Sam Baker- Can he run block? Is he physical enough? He will play LT and Peters will move back to RT correct?

If you don't want to answer these questions (Which I'm hoping you do since it will help me in a forum mock), can you at least rank them and tell me what range you expect them to go?

I don't think we should take Blalock at all, he will be a reach if we pick him. The first offensive lineman we should take IMO is Josh Beekman in the early second round, even if that means trading up with someone. I don't think that we touch an offensive tackle until the later rounds this year. Jake Long, Sam Baker and Levi Brown would all play right tackle for us probably, the only left tackles I can see us taking would be Joe Thomas or Joe Staley.

I think we go guard on day one tackle in the last 2 rounds. Then we have defense and skill position players sprinkled throughout the rest of the draft.

Comment

First off, I think our most critical needs are RT and RG, and we cannot neglect the Oline any more. So I think our pick will be OL, but I would like a trade down + Oline pick.

In my Forum mock, I've moved down to 25, and the Oline prospects that are still available after 16 picks are Justin Blalock, Jake Long and Levi Brown.

Comment

In no order:
              -Justin Blalock
              -Joe Thomas
              -Levi Brown
              -Jake Long
              -Sam Baker

It's really going to come down to where we draft.

Top 5--Joe Thomas or possibly Jake Long-Both are solid LT prospects with the necessary quick feet to play the position. However, Long might not declare especially if Michigan loses to Ohio St.
              Top 10 Jake Long and possibly Sam Baker. Baker can definitely play LT in the pros.
              Top 15 Sam Baker
              Top 20 Levi Brown-very solid RT prospect but lacks the quick feet for LT.
              Top 25 Justin Blalock-tremendous OG prospect and could play RT. He may go earlier but OG's tend to go later than OT prospects.
              Top 35 Joe Staley, a solid LT prospect but will go below the other players because of the competition he played against. He could easily turnout to be a real steal late round 1 or early round 2.

I think the Bills will be looking for a LT unless Peters blows them away with his play. If we draft a LT, then Peters will move back to RT and give us a very solid foundation for an excellent OL.
              If Peters showes real talent as a LT, then we might go RT in round 1 or look for one in rounds 2-3 and possibly draft a CB in round 1 to replace Nate Clements if we lose him.
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

In no order:
                -Justin Blalock
                -Joe Thomas
                -Levi Brown
                -Jake Long
                -Sam Baker

It's really going to come down to where we draft.

Top 5--Joe Thomas or possibly Jake Long-Both are solid LT prospects with the necessary quick feet to play the position. However, Long might not declare especially if Michigan loses to Ohio St.
                Top 10 Jake Long and possibly Sam Baker. Baker can definitely play LT in the pros.
                Top 15 Sam Baker
                Top 20 Levi Brown-very solid RT prospect but lacks the quick feet for LT.
                Top 25 Justin Blalock-tremendous OG prospect and could play RT. He may go earlier but OG's tend to go later than OT prospects.
                Top 35 Joe Staley, a solid LT prospect but will go below the other players because of the competition he played against. He could easily turnout to be a real steal late round 1 or early round 2.

I think the Bills will be looking for a LT unless Peters blows them away with his play. If we draft a LT, then Peters will move back to RT and give us a very solid foundation for an excellent OL.
                If Peters showes real talent as a LT, then we might go RT in round 1 or look for one in rounds 2-3 and possibly draft a CB in round 1 to replace Nate Clements if we lose him.
                Most people have Baker way higher than Long due to the fact that Baker projects to LT while Long is likely a RT
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

I really don't think we need to spend a 1st rounder on a RT, Jason Peters is a stud and hasn't reached his peak yet. He's our best lineman and is only getting better. We could spend our 1st round pick more wisely, maybe on a guy like Dwayne Jarrett.

Comment

Originally posted by DWhitner20
                    I really don't think we need to spend a 1st rounder on a RT, Jason Peters is a stud and hasn't reached his peak yet. He's our best lineman and is only getting better. We could spend our 1st round pick more wisely, maybe on a guy like Dwayne Jarrett.
                    As much as I liked the Jarrett idea, drafting Baker is a great option. We'd potentially have two young, great tackles, and that is a great thing to have. Granted we'd still have guard problems (which could be fixed, maybe even Beekman in the 2nd), these tackles protect our QB from what he cant see, and can seal off a rollout for Losman if pressure does come up the middle. Baker-LG (Gandy works for me) - Fowler - New RG - Peters is pretty good for me, especially when we could double team with Fowler and the RG if he's not that good (see: who we have now). Baker, Jarrett, or Willis seem like the best picks to me. McCauley could be alright, but I would've liked to see Youboty more this year before I did that.

Comment

BILLS INACTIVES: RB Willis McGahee, LB Keith Ellison, OL Tutan Reyes, WR Josh Reed, DE Eric Powell, DT Jason Jefferson.

TEXANS INACTIVES: CB Von Hutchins, RB Ron Dayne, C Drew Hodgdon, T Scott Jackson, T Mike Pearson, DT Cedric Killings, DE Antwan Peek.

Youboty and Bowen, dressing for their 1st games as Bills. :D

Comment

shake, shake, shake :D

Comment

I hate the Bills...

J. Losman 8/8 209 2 0

L. Evans 6 205 34.2 2

(Jets fan)

Comment

Lee Evans and Losman went beast.

Lee getting 6 rec, 200 yards and 2 TDs in the 1st QUARTER is INSANE.

Comment

What a game!

24-21, we pull it out.

Comment

All the drops and penalties are forgotten now. Thank you, Peerless

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information