X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DBeebe82
    Do you have a source at all?

I personally would be all for it if it is actually being considered. If we were put in a position to draft Calvin Johnson, or even AP would be a lock at that pick im pretty sure i would wet my pants.
    no, thats why i chalked it up to just w/e (but figured i'd mention it jsut for w/e).....a frind of mine who contributes to a sports paper said it was among one of the random things he heard.
    99.9% chance it wont happen, but interesting to discuss if there's anything that implies willis leaving lol.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• Is this really a rumor? The same thing was posted on the Browns board at espn.com, so I feel like either someone is trying to make it a rumor or someone has actually heard something. I think I'd rather not know the truth.

Real or fake...IF its willis, 2 and 4 i'd do it in a heartbeat. The thought of having Calvin Johnson across from Lee Evans has me drooling. I'd do it w/ our 1st if we either didn't have to give up our 4th (maybe 6th or a future pick) or got another day 2 pick from them.

A high 4th round pick is usually just as valuable as a mid-late 3rd rounder because they have the night to prepare.

All in all, this would be, in a word, amazing.

Comment

• I bet Marv would go DE anyway if that deal did happen
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by DollarBill3181
          A rumor (and that alone, nothing more) i thought was interesting...

CLE gets: Willis McGahee, 2007 Rd2 pick, 2007 Rd4 pick
          BUF gets: 2007 Rd1 pick (3rd or 4th overall) and a 2008 conditional pick (Rd4 at highest)

I find it intersting, Calvin or Joe Thomas available, and that #12 pick too.
          where did you hear this?

Comment

• If that trade went through, I think Buffalo would take Joe Thomas at #3/4 or trade back a little with a team that wants Quinn or Thomas for even more picks. Calvin Johnson is an amazing talent, but it might be better to get the franchise LT you guys need, then move Peters to RT. At #12, you could get Dwayne Jarrett or Patrick Willis, something like that. Later in the draft, there are plenty of guys available.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I think Peters is a franchise LT and we could avoid Thomas. If Willis goes to CLE we could go with M. Lynch at 12 and CJ at 3. How's that for some offensive firepower?

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
                If that trade went through, I think Buffalo would take Joe Thomas at #3/4 or trade back a little with a team that wants Quinn or Thomas for even more picks. Calvin Johnson is an amazing talent, but it might be better to get the franchise LT you guys need, then move Peters to RT. At #12, you could get Dwayne Jarrett or Patrick Willis, something like that. Later in the draft, there are plenty of guys available.
                Peters is a STUD at LT. Sure fire pro bowler in years to come. CJ or a DE would be the pick, I would bet on Jamaal Anderson if that deal went through tho. CJ is viable tho because even tho he is offense, he is a character guy. But i still lean towards the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

• A fair point. I just think the Bills could be just as good with Peters as a god RT and Andrews as a stud LT. Young bookends, you know?

Johnson is an amazing prospect, too, though.

I really don't think this deal has legs because I haven't seen the rumors anywhere, and most teams are focused on scouting and tape review. Major deals generally don't happen until after the combine at the earliest.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Peters allowed 2 sacks all season if I remember correctly and thats up there with perennial Pro Bowlers like Jonathan Ogden.
                    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Yeah I think it was only 2, he's done a hell of a job.

Comment

• Peters has done amazingly well. However, can you really argue with a set of bookend OT's with amazing pass/run blocking ability protecting Losman and opening holes for the running game? Let's say you take Thomas and Marshawn Lynch, then you grab another decent weapon late? You then have a great running game, time for Losman in the pocket, and Evans/Parrish are still there to make things happen. In theory, the Bills could also sign Daniel Graham from the Pats as a TE threat. Would this be bad?

Comment

• I think the argument against bookends is messing up Peters and the chemistry of the line which really started to gel late last year. Peters has moved so much it wouldn't be good to move him imo, he started as TE, then RT, then LT, it wouldn't make sense to keep shifting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S
                            I think the argument against bookends is messing up Peters and the chemistry of the line which really started to gel late last year. Peters has moved so much it wouldn't be good to move him imo, he started as TE, then RT, then LT, it wouldn't make sense to keep shifting.
                            Technically, you'd be shifting him back to RT, but you have a good point. However, if the line was really gelling like you said, how come the running game was so much less productive? I honestly believe the Bills will get Levi Brown in Round 2 to play RT for them, but Round 1 will be a defensive pick. Perhaps a DE or CB. There's a lot of great talent in this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
                              Originally posted by Rob S
                              I think the argument against bookends is messing up Peters and the chemistry of the line which really started to gel late last year. Peters has moved so much it wouldn't be good to move him imo, he started as TE, then RT, then LT, it wouldn't make sense to keep shifting.
                              Technically, you'd be shifting him back to RT, but you have a good point. However, if the line was really gelling like you said, how come the running game was so much less productive? I honestly believe the Bills will get Levi Brown in Round 2 to play RT for them, but Round 1 will be a defensive pick. Perhaps a DE or CB. There's a lot of great talent in this draft.
                              Willis Mcgahee wont hit holes, its fairly simple.

Comment

• there is no way the browns trade the #3 overall pick for mcgahee and #2. first of all, the browns have a shot at a franchise qb, alan branch, a tough to find 3-4 DE, or 3-4 nose if romeo see's him that way, or a franchise LT in joe thomas. there is too much value in that pick to give it up for just mcgahee.

if somehow we did trade, it would include our #12 pick. either way i can't see it happening because the browns can't get any of the three players they might want at #12.

plus, is there are big differences between buffalo and cleveland? it's almost the same place, so mcgahee wouldn't want to be there either, unless they paid him like a top-5 back, and he's in the last year of his deal. give up the #3 pick for a player who might walk next year?

i just can't see cleveland getting themselves into that situation, esp not giving up the #3 overall pick to do so.

also, if we somehow got joe thomas, he would play RT for us, no way do they put peters back to RT and leave a rookie at LT. peters is our LT for the next 10 years unless he gets injured.
                                2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information