• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY Bills Offseason:
    Resign - Gandy, Kelsay, Clements
    FA Sign - a RG or LB (just one)
    Rd1 - D.Jarrett
    Rd2 - a LB or RG (whichever we didnt get in FA)
    Rd3 - TE or OT or DT
    Rd4 - " "

*Willis McGahee.....dont give him an extension, either let him play out the one year or trade him for a 2nd rd pick (or w/e else) get a RB with that pick or in FA.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• Another find from a local article..
      If Angelo Crowell is moved to middle linebacker to replace London Fletcher, the cavity at Crowell's outside job could be cured through free agency. Keep an eye on Lance Briggs of the Bears, the best linebacker available. The first time I heard Briggs identified as an elite player was a couple of years ago when Marv Levy did it on a pregame show on the late Empire Sports Network. Levy is in a position to do something about Briggs becoming a Bill since he's now the general manager.

Comment

• My mouth is watering, signing Briggs would be absolutley amazing.

Comment

• *Trade McGahee for a Mid-Late 2nd round pick.
          Is it realistic to assume we will be able to pry away a mid to late second round pick away from a team in need of a runningback? Remember, i believe it was two years ago elite runningbacks such as Edgerrin James and Shawn Alexander couldnt warrant a second round pick after record breaking seasons as they were both top five rushers the year before. Not to mention it is clearly known Mcgahee wants out of Buffalo after his countless rants the past few weeks and wants top 5 money a year from now. Though he does have elite potential he is no where from where Edge and Alexander were two years ago though he does have age working on his side. A second round pick imo would be above fair value which means i defiently wouldnt complain if we did dump him for one...a early third may be more realistic :?

Comment

• Originally posted by DBeebe82
            *Trade McGahee for a Mid-Late 2nd round pick.
            Is it realistic to assume we will be able to pry away a mid to late second round pick away from a team in need of a runningback? Remember, i believe it was two years ago elite runningbacks such as Edgerrin James and Shawn Alexander couldnt warrant a second round pick after record breaking seasons as they were both top five rushers the year before. Not to mention it is clearly known Mcgahee wants out of Buffalo after his countless rants the past few weeks and wants top 5 money a year from now. Though he does have elite potential he is no where from where Edge and Alexander were two years ago though he does have age working on his side. A second round pick imo would be above fair value which means i defiently wouldnt complain if we did dump him for one...a early third may be more realistic :?
            Yeah a early third could be more realistic but maybe a team like Baltimore would cough up their 2nd.

Comment

• http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20070121/1073380.asp

This is the article in which the Briggs info came from that Drmoyer mentioned above.

I like the title. 8)

Comment

• whoever posted the Steinbach rumor...

could you give a link or post what it said? I couldn't find it on scout.com anywhere!

Man, an offseason of Briggs and Steinbach/Dielman would be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by glazeduck
                  whoever posted the Steinbach rumor...

could you give a link or post what it said? I couldn't find it on scout.com anywhere!

Man, an offseason of Briggs and Steinbach/Dielman would be amazing.
                  http://browns.scout.com/2/611370.html

Bills are also interested in upgrading their offensive line via free agency and could make a play for both Steinbach and Dielman.

Comment

• If you haven't been paying attention to the Forum Mock, here's what we (Rob S and I) have done with the Bills.

Trades:
                    - Traded Takeo Spikes for Jacksonville's 2nd Rounder (#49)
                    - Traded Willis McGahee for Jets 2nd Rounder (#38
                    - Traded our 2nd Rounder (#44) for RB Michael Turner of the Chargers
                    - Traded our 6th Rounder for OG Jake Scott of the Colts

Picks:
                    #12) LB Patrick Willis (Ole Miss) - We are going to be playing him at SLB, Crowell at WLB and Fletcher at MLB. Ellison will be the first backup.

#38 OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn) - Will come in and battle for the starting LG spot with Mike Gandy. We are going to start Jake Scott at RG over Duke Preston and Chris Villareal.

#49) TE Greg Olsen (Miami) - Another weapon for JP in the passing game. Kevin Everett hasn't seen the field and while Royal is an OK reciever, he is a better blocker than reciever. Olsen and Royal allow for us to utilize more 2 TE sets.

We have a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder and 7th rounder left. Any suggestions on how to spend those?

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
                      If you haven't been paying attention to the Forum Mock, here's what we (Rob S and I) have done with the Bills.

Trades:

Picks:
                      #12) LB Patrick Willis (Ole Miss) - We are going to be playing him at SLB, Crowell at WLB and Fletcher at MLB. Ellison will be the first backup.

#38 OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn) - Will come in and battle for the starting LG spot with Mike Gandy. We are going to start Jake Scott at RG over Duke Preston and Chris Villareal.

#49) TE Greg Olsen (Miami) - Another weapon for JP in the passing game. Kevin Everett hasn't seen the field and while Royal is an OK reciever, he is a better blocker than reciever. Olsen and Royal allow for us to utilize more 2 TE sets.

We have a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder and 7th rounder left. Any suggestions on how to spend those?
                      I say thats an excellent offseason.
                      My suggestions
                      1. What are your plans for Fletcher and Clements? I only say that, because you will need some depth at CB and LB (even with Willis) in later rounds.
                      2. DE!
                      3. A big possession WR.. I am not sure of who is left but Dallas Baker, Jacoby Jones, Steve Breaston, etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by drmoyer421
                        Originally posted by art vandelay
                        If you haven't been paying attention to the Forum Mock, here's what we (Rob S and I) have done with the Bills.

Trades:

Picks:

I say thats an excellent offseason.
                        My suggestions
                        1. What are your plans for Fletcher and Clements? I only say that, because you will need some depth at CB and LB (even with Willis) in later rounds.
                        2. DE!
                        3. A big possession WR.. I am not sure of who is left but Dallas Baker, Jacoby Jones, Steve Breaston, etc..
                        Breaston is not a good pick for us at all. Any good D-linemen would be good, and defintiely a CB (even if you dont feel he'd start, i hate Kiwaukee as our nickel back)
                        I don't think they'll look as much at a big WR since that is essentially the role Olsen would play for us now. Two TE sets are nice but it takes away the slot which we definitely use to our advantage, mostly with Josh Reed and Roscoe in a different way. A good shift would be to hope Penningotn really grows into his own and needs less help form a guy like Royal and we can end up with a main set of Evans, Olsen, any two of Reed/Parrish/Price/ or Shelton in the backfield with Turner, and tehn have Royal still play a large enough part where we can still use him over the middle sometimes and be able to have him out there for run plays

Comment

• How do you hate Kiwuakee? He was a very good nickle back for us. :(

He'll most likley not re-sign either because its been widley spread that he wants to play closer to home back down south.

Comment

• 1st Round - Dwayne Jarrett, WR

2nd Round - Demarcus Tyler, DT

3rd Round - Ben Grubbs, OL

4th Round - Anthony Waters, LB

Comment

• There are probably 28 teams looking to upgrade their offensive line. The problem is that unless a team has severe problems with the cap, they don't let an o linemen get away unless he is a stiff.

As far as Willis goes, one thing that is definitely in our favor is the weakness of the RBs in this draft. Last year's draft had many NFL caliber RBs, but I don't see that this year. Peterson is a gimp, Lynch might be good, Bush is injured, etc. If we can get two teams bidding against each other, a 2nd is a possibility. What works against us, is that whatever team that gets Willis will have to negotiate a new contact with him either right away or in a year. A logical person would rank Willis 8-15 in the league, but I gaurantee Willis ranks himself number 1. Before the game at San Diego 2 years ago, Willis was saying he was the best back in the league (ie better than Tomlinson).

Comment

• Anyone else a bit dissapointed when Leon Hall goes to us in mocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information