X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
    Notice how nobody is giving us a LB in mocks anymore
    Last week thats all you'd see. The mockers all move together. I think we're in a Leon Hall phase right now
    You know my stance, though i was ina small LB-phase of Pos or Willis, ive 99% of the time been in a Dwayne Jarrett phase

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• I think I am in the Lawrence Timmons face right now because it is the solution to all of our questions at linebacker; I wrote this in my latest mock draft:

The Buffalo Bills are in an odd situation this year where they have some big time players who could be leaving and few glaring holes where as there are just spots where an upgrade would be nice. I have Timmons going to the Bills here because it is the end all of the scenarios at linebacker for them. If Fletcher isn’t resigned Crowell moves into the middle and Spikes stays where he is. If both Fletcher and Spikes are gone then you have Crowell inside at the MIKE position, Ellison at WILL and Timmons at SAM. If only Spikes leaves, Timmons just slides into his starting spot.

Comment

• wouldn't simply NOT cutting TKO also solve the same problems?

I know he's getting a little old, but he clearly has another few years left in the tank and look at what Julian Peterson did this year, this, the 2nd year he's been back since his achilles injury, the same one spikes suffered. I'd personally like to see us try to get him to restructure his contract, I think he'd be ok with that, and let us use our #1 elsewhere. If you wanna talk his eventual replacement, lets use another later pick and just see how that goes for now, I personally don't view LB as much of a need.

Comment

• yeah I definitely would like to keep Spikes, I've made that rather clear. But as far as LB goes, Patrick Willis is still my favorite pick in any situation that our LB core encounters

Comment

• Hey guys, I watned to update you on my favorite WR prospect in the draft:

WR Jason Hill - Displayed excellent hands, catching practically everything that came his way. He catches the ball with his hands, rather than the "body catch" and he goes up and gets it at its highest point. He did a good job of adjusting to poorly thrown balls.
            from ontheclockdraft.com

Washington State wide receiver Jason Hill looked like Jerry Rice out on the field making play after play. He and Smith seem to have good chemistry, hooking up on a number of passes
            from http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...svc=7&cxcat=32

On the other end of many of his passes were brought in by two targets: David Clowney of Virginia Tech and Jason Hill of Washington State. Both players caught more with their hands than bodies and could cover a lot of ground after the catch.
            from draftdaddy.com

I have always loved this guy, even ask Rob S if you don't believe me, ha. I hope we take him in Round 3. He's going to be a good player in the NFL.

Comment

• While Art has a man crush on Jason Hill I got a thing for Dwayne Bowe. His stock is soaring right now and he might be out of range of our 2nd round pick but I like this kid.

He'd compliment Lee Evans so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills Guru
                No offense but your theory on offensive lineman is skewed. I mean I understand where you are coming from, however we really need a dominant Guard (two even) to make our running game successful as well as the passing game.
                First round linemen are boom or bust. If you hit the jackpot with a guy like Ogden or Munoz then you are set for 10 years. But if you get a guy like Mike Williams, you have to give him 25 starts to see what he can do and if he is a bust your line stinks for 2 years and you've wasted a huge chunk of cap space on a backup lineman. Better off to draft 3 guys in the late rounds and hope them one or two pan out. Plenty of good lineman in the league right now are 2nd day draft picks and UFAs.

Originally posted by Bills Guru
                And I don't find DT to be our Number one priority. We can get a guy via FA that can fill in and make an impact too, with McCargo, Williams, Tripplett, FA I think we have a good rotation, not to mention with Hargrove coming in on obvious passing downs (please let us re-sign him).
                The Bills had a chance to draft Vince Wilfork and passed on him. The most important position in defensive football is DT/NT because he plugs the run at the line of scrimmage and he collapses the pocket on passing plays.

Originally posted by Bills Guru
                I see CB or LB as our first round pick, with a Guard in the second and we take a shot on a RB in the third (Michael Bush if he lasts, Antonio Pittman, Tony Hunt, Darius Walker, etc).
                Your draft makes a lot of sense because a dominant OG (if there is one in the draft) will fall to us in the 2nd round. You also have to figure we sign a CB, LB, or RB as a free agent so whether we take a LB, CB, or RB will depend on how Free Agency pans out.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
                  Hey guys, I watned to update you on my favorite WR prospect in the draft:

WR Jason Hill - Displayed excellent hands, catching practically everything that came his way. He catches the ball with his hands, rather than the "body catch" and he goes up and gets it at its highest point. He did a good job of adjusting to poorly thrown balls.
                  from ontheclockdraft.com

Washington State wide receiver Jason Hill looked like Jerry Rice out on the field making play after play. He and Smith seem to have good chemistry, hooking up on a number of passes

On the other end of many of his passes were brought in by two targets: David Clowney of Virginia Tech and Jason Hill of Washington State. Both players caught more with their hands than bodies and could cover a lot of ground after the catch.
                  from draftdaddy.com

I have always loved this guy, even ask Rob S if you don't believe me, ha. I hope we take him in Round 3. He's going to be a good player in the NFL.
                  Pac 10 has a horrible track record for WRs so if this pick pans out you must really know your stuff. In the last 10 years the Pac 10 has produced Houshmendzada, Chad Johnson, Dennis Northcut, Troy Walters and not much else.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay

from ontheclockdraft.com

from draftdaddy.com

I really like Hill as well. He was in my top 5 preseason WR rankings (Calvin, Jarrett, Samardzija, Ginn, Hill (ahead of Rice). I'm pretty sure thats how they went.) and now is there once again, only with some better competition from Rice and now Bowe, who I've also taken a liking to since that time. They're all really close and while Hill may end up on the short end of this one, he's still one of the prospects I like to keep an eye on and I probably have him rated higher than most.

Comment

• Scout.com said that the Bills were scouting WRs today "HARD" at the Senior Bowl practices

Comment

• Originally posted by drmoyer421
                        Scout.com said that the Bills were scouting WRs today "HARD" at the Senior Bowl practices
                        good to hear, im hoping we take a certain guy @ #12, you might be able to guess who it is.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• Here's my first shot at a mock on here! I think that the focus of the FA period will be addressing the O-line and D-line. With that they will look to fill the needs at CB/LB in the draft.

1) Leon Hall-CB-Mich: I see Ty Law when i see him play. He's got a great knack for the ball and is sure tackler.

2) Jon Beason-OLB-FLA: With Spikes not playing up to form (not that I blame him) and the overall lack of depth at the LBer spot it makes sense to add an athletic LB early.

3) Tim Crowder-DE-Texas: With Kelsay becoming a FA and the team never having a quality DE opposite Schobel it would be nice to get a solid DE opposite him.

4) Kenneth Darby-RB-Alabama: Willis' days are numbered in Buffalo and getting a hard running RB wouldnt hurt the teams options going into next offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by drmoyer421
                            Scout.com said that the Bills were scouting WRs today "HARD" at the Senior Bowl practices
                            Great news! I hope Jason Hill caught their eye!

Comment

• Originally posted by DollarBill3181
                              Originally posted by drmoyer421
                              good to hear, im hoping we take a certain guy @ #12, you might be able to guess who it is.
                              Luckily, he's not at the Senior Bowl...

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                                Originally posted by art vandelay

from ontheclockdraft.com

from draftdaddy.com

I really like Hill as well. He was in my top 5 preseason WR rankings (Calvin, Jarrett, Samardzija, Ginn, Hill (ahead of Rice). I'm pretty sure thats how they went.) and now is there once again, only with some better competition from Rice and now Bowe, who I've also taken a liking to since that time. They're all really close and while Hill may end up on the short end of this one, he's still one of the prospects I like to keep an eye on and I probably have him rated higher than most.
                                Awesome, something we can agree on (Mike Gandy )

Here's my WR rankings for those WR's:
                                1. Calvin Johnson
                                2. Dwayne Jarrett
                                3. Jeff Samardzija
                                4. Jason Hill
                                5. Ted Ginn

Hill kind of reminds me of a mix of Eric Moulds and Jerricho Cotchery.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information