X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wide Right
    Originally posted by Rob S
    What would you guys think or trading a 5th rounder for Nick Harper?
    He's a Free Agent at the end of the season so we can just outright sign him.

I love your 1,6,7 round picks. I've been pretty high on Rory Johnson he could be this year's version of Keith Ellison.
    He means in the Forum Mock for Nick Harper.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
      Originally posted by DollarBill3181
      Originally posted by art vandelay
      Originally posted by drmoyer421
      Scout.com said that the Bills were scouting WRs today "HARD" at the Senior Bowl practices
      good to hear, im hoping we take a certain guy @ #12, you might be able to guess who it is.
      Luckily, he's not at the Senior Bowl...
      o, your not a DJ fan?
      Not really, I mean he has talent for sure, but he is kind of inconsistent and he is a show-off.
      im a USC fan, so a lil biased, but i think any inconsistency is just the natural not-#1 WR prospect kinda thing.
      Every WR in NCAA has his bumps who isnt the #1 rated WR, and even in those cases, i.e. Braylon Edwards, etc werent amazing.
      He's a perfect example, not amazing (yet) but not awful by any sort of means, but ill say this, after next season, no matter where he is, itll be a given that one would want Dwayne JArrett on their team over Braylon Edwards (and i know thats not all too lofty, but its a step for a rookie WR that.....hopefully.....goes #12).
      just my thought

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• I tried to get Ahmad Bradshaw (a guy I really like) and Ramzee Robinson into my mock but I ran out of picks

Comment

• Originally posted by DollarBill3181
          Scout.com said that the Bills were scouting WRs today "HARD" at the Senior Bowl practices
          good to hear, im hoping we take a certain guy @ #12, you might be able to guess who it is.
          o, your not a DJ fan?
          Not really, I mean he has talent for sure, but he is kind of inconsistent and he is a show-off.
          im a USC fan, so a lil biased, but i think any inconsistency is just the natural not-#1 WR prospect kinda thing.
          Every WR in NCAA has his bumps who isnt the #1 rated WR, and even in those cases, i.e. Braylon Edwards, etc werent amazing.
          He's a perfect example, not amazing (yet) but not awful by any sort of means, but ill say this, after next season, no matter where he is, itll be a given that one would want Dwayne JArrett on their team over Braylon Edwards (and i know thats not all too lofty, but its a step for a rookie WR that.....hopefully.....goes #12).
          just my thought
          I didn't really understand some of that, you worded it strangely. But in college I think Edwards was much more consistent. He basically won the Michigan State game for them in his Senior Year. He didn't drop as many balls as Jarrett did last year and he doesn't showboat like Jarrett does.

Comment

o, your not a DJ fan?
            just my thought
            I didn't really understand some of that, you worded it strangely. But in college I think Edwards was much more consistent. He basically won the Michigan State game for them in his Senior Year. He didn't drop as many balls as Jarrett did last year and he doesn't showboat like Jarrett does.
            ya, sry, my basic point was after his rookie year, it will be common knowledge that DJ is a better WR than Braylon - and i then went on to say that that isnt any sort of amazing accomplishment (as Bray isnt teh #1 WR or anything) but still decent.
            thats it basically

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• A RB that I'm starting to warm on with each day is Lorenzo Booker out of Flordia St.

When you look at Steve Fairchilds offense you need a guy like Booker who can catch out of the backfield and line up in the slot.

And it's my opinion that he's going to be a better in the NFL than he ever was in the collegiate level. Hopefully Marv Levy feels the same way.

Darius Walker out of Notre Dame is another guy that fits that mold.

If they can be had in the 3rd-4th rounds which is where they're pretty much projected right now I would take a flier on them.

Just watch Bookers athletic ability and elusiveness on this one clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4

Comment

• I have a scenario for you Bills fans:

You lose both FA

It's your pick. Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, Ginn, Thomas, Levi Brown, Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, and Reggie Nelson are off the board (in no order).

Cleveland is willing to trade #36 overall for McGahee

Marshawn Lynch is there, along with Jarrett, Bowe, Moses, Timmons, Willis, Revis, Hall, etc.

Do you trade McGahee and take Lynch?

Trade McGahee and take someone else? (I'm leading towards Timmons, as I have the Bills signing Harper)?

Or keep McGahee?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide Right
                  A RB that I'm starting to warm on with each day is Lorenzo Booker out of Flordia St.

When you look at Steve Fairchilds offense you need a guy like Booker who can catch out of the backfield and line up in the slot.

And it's my opinion that he's going to be a better in the NFL than he ever was in the collegiate level. Hopefully Marv Levy feels the same way.

Darius Walker out of Notre Dame is another guy that fits that mold.

If they can be had in the 3rd-4th rounds which is where they're pretty much projected right now I would take a flier on them.

Just watch Bookers athletic ability and elusiveness on this one clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4
                  I once was on the Booker bandwagon but then I realized he's not really a good fit for our offense. I've already seen that clip and BTW Walker is not like Booker at all. Anyway, Booker would not be able to make that play in the NFL as the game speed is completely different. Plus, I don't think that we do need a guy who can line up in the slot - did McGahee ever do that last year? He had a career low 18 catches last year. Fairchild has no intention of using his RB's in the passing game at all. I think he wants the RB's to pound out 1st downs in between the tackles and move the chains to set up the big pass play. Michael Turner is a perfect fit. He has both incredible power and speed, a rare combination. Unlike McGahee, Turner has the ability to pick up first downs by running people over and can also bounce it to the outside and outrun people. He's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. I'll say it again, Michael Turner is Earl Campbell Jr.

Comment

• If you guys want a guy who has feature back potential that you can get it in the mid-rounds, look no further than Ahmad Bradshaw (AB!) of Marshall. He has great speed, a solid build (5'11" 192) and suprisingly good power. He is only 20 years old and ran behind a very mediocre Marshall line but still put up very good stats. He played RB in HS and rushed for over 5,200 yards, scored 92 TD's and averaged over 10 yards a carry. He originally signed to play college ball at Virginia as a CB, but then never enrolled and transferred to Marshall to play RB. My first choice for RB would be to sign Michael Turner, but if not, Bradshaw is my guy. If you want to see some tape on him, check youtube, there's quite a few on there.

Comment

• Superbowl XXV tonight on NFL Network. :(

Comment

• In case you didn't notice, Scott had the Bills talking to Manuel Ramirez and Okoye in his senior bowl player-team section. I dont think you can read too much into this, but it is interesting just to know who Marv was spotted talking with.
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S
                          In case you didn't notice, Scott had the Bills talking to Manuel Ramirez and Okoye in his senior bowl player-team section. I dont think you can read too much into this, but it is interesting just to know who Marv was spotted talking with.
                          It's a good thing to recognize but not immediately have the Bills taking a DT at 12. Remember that we talked to both Ngata and Bunkley last year and ended up taking Whitner at 8. I am not fond of Ramirez at all so I hope that we never talk to him again.

Comment

In case you didn't notice, Scott had the Bills talking to Manuel Ramirez and Okoye in his senior bowl player-team section. I dont think you can read too much into this, but it is interesting just to know who Marv was spotted talking with.
                            It's a good thing to recognize but not immediately have the Bills taking a DT at 12. Remember that we talked to both Ngata and Bunkley last year and ended up taking Whitner at 8. I am not fond of Ramirez at all so I hope that we never talk to him again.
                            He's one nasty looking dude.

Also, good to hear that we talked to Okoye.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
                              He's one nasty looking dude.

Also, good to hear that we talked to Okoye.
                              Seems to be a road grader with a strong base and slow feet. Would definitely be a help in the run game, but a liability in the passing game.

Comment

• Would you guys object to picking Dwayne Bowe with the 12th pick? He has improved his stock by that much this week.

I hope our scouts noticed how good Le'Ron McClain has been this week and use a 2nd day pick on this kid. He's considered a great run blocker and has been praised by everyone in Mobile this week. He won't hurt you catching out of the backfield too so that's another plus.

Kirwan on McClain

He's the real deal as a lead blocker, and that never changed for one play all week. He is capable of a few critical runs a game and consistently demonstrated receiver skills.

Pat Kirwan thinks that Patrick Willis would be a good fit inside in the Tampa 2 scheme.

Patrick Willis, Mississippi linebacker: He's a Tampa 2 middle linebacker, a 3-4 weak inside 'backer, and he'll play the run early in his career with the pro passing attack just one year away.

This is what Kirwan had to say about Manuel Ramirez

Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech guard, stops getting viewed as a man who can't run block in this league after playing in a pass-happy Texas Tech package. This guy is a road-grader and one of the worst kept secrets in Senior Bowl history

Kirwan on Lorenzo Booker

Lorenzo Booker, Florida State running back: On Monday, he was average-looking. On Tuesday, he made a quality defender flat out miss him in close quarters and scored a touchdown -- he flashed his skills. On Wednesday, he started to resemble a young Tiki Barber blending some power, good hands and a whole lot of shake.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information