This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wide Right
    Would you guys object to picking Dwayne Bowe with the 12th pick? He has improved his stock by that much this week.
    THAT much? I don't think so... I like this guy a lot though.

Originally posted by Wide Right
    I hope our scouts noticed how good Le'Ron McClain has been this week and use a 2nd day pick on this kid. He's considered a great run blocker and has been praised by everyone in Mobile this week. He won't hurt you catching out of the backfield too so that's another plus.

Kirwan on McClain

He's the real deal as a lead blocker, and that never changed for one play all week. He is capable of a few critical runs a game and consistently demonstrated receiver skills.
    He's been our 7th round pick in everyone of my Bills mocks, I like him and think he would be a very good replacment for Shelton who is most likley done.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
      Seems to be a road grader with a strong base and slow feet. Would definitely be a help in the run game, but a liability in the passing game.
      Do you really think so? I mean he's coming from TT where they're as pass happy as can be.

Also, we signed OT Kirk Chambers:
      http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4583

Comment

• I'd be pleasantly pleased to sign Dwayne Bowe in Round two but not one.
        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiFan24
          I have a scenario for you Bills fans:

You lose both FA

It's your pick. Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, Ginn, Thomas, Levi Brown, Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, and Reggie Nelson are off the board (in no order).

Cleveland is willing to trade #36 overall for McGahee

Marshawn Lynch is there, along with Jarrett, Bowe, Moses, Timmons, Willis, Revis, Hall, etc.

Do you trade McGahee and take Lynch?

Trade McGahee and take someone else? (I'm leading towards Timmons, as I have the Bills signing Harper)?

Or keep McGahee?

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
            Originally posted by Wide Right
            A RB that I'm starting to warm on with each day is Lorenzo Booker out of Flordia St.

When you look at Steve Fairchilds offense you need a guy like Booker who can catch out of the backfield and line up in the slot.

And it's my opinion that he's going to be a better in the NFL than he ever was in the collegiate level. Hopefully Marv Levy feels the same way.

Darius Walker out of Notre Dame is another guy that fits that mold.

If they can be had in the 3rd-4th rounds which is where they're pretty much projected right now I would take a flier on them.

Just watch Bookers athletic ability and elusiveness on this one clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4
            I once was on the Booker bandwagon but then I realized he's not really a good fit for our offense. I've already seen that clip and BTW Walker is not like Booker at all. Anyway, Booker would not be able to make that play in the NFL as the game speed is completely different. Plus, I don't think that we do need a guy who can line up in the slot - did McGahee ever do that last year? He had a career low 18 catches last year. Fairchild has no intention of using his RB's in the passing game at all. I think he wants the RB's to pound out 1st downs in between the tackles and move the chains to set up the big pass play. Michael Turner is a perfect fit. He has both incredible power and speed, a rare combination. Unlike McGahee, Turner has the ability to pick up first downs by running people over and can also bounce it to the outside and outrun people. He's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. I'll say it again, Michael Turner is Earl Campbell Jr.
            I remember before the season started Fairchild was talking about using McGahee in the passing game as much as possible, but that never panned out I guess. We had a lot of screen passes to him but no real routes.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiFan24

You lose both FA

It's your pick. Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, Ginn, Thomas, Levi Brown, Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, and Reggie Nelson are off the board (in no order).

Marshawn Lynch is there, along with Jarrett, Bowe, Moses, Timmons, Willis, Revis, Hall, etc.

Trade McGahee and take someone else? (I'm leading towards Timmons, as I have the Bills signing Harper)?

Or keep McGahee?
              I would trade Willis. Draft Okoye with the first pick and Jon Beason with the second one. Then with our other 2nd round pick select the best corner available. Then in the third I would pick up Lorenzo Booker.

Comment

• A 2003 type situation would be awesome this year
                Peterson falls to the Bills due to injury concerns (a la McGahee), and then we still get the defensive pick we expected in the first round (Kelsay = Willis) in the second. Of course that would be awesome any year, only its a little more outside realistic this time.

Comment

• Beat me to Chambers you bastard.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl
                    Beat me to Chambers you bastard.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                      A 2003 type situation would be awesome this year
                      Peterson falls to the Bills due to injury concerns (a la McGahee), and then we still get the defensive pick we expected in the first round (Kelsay = Willis) in the second. Of course that would be awesome any year, only its a little more outside realistic this time.
                      That would be the best. draft. ever.

Comment

You lose both FA

Or keep McGahee?
                        thatd be awesome...
                        Draft Jarrett 12th
                        Now Rd2 depends on what we did in FA, we lost both i assume you mean Fletcher and Clements.
                        Our Rd2 pick would depend on what outside FA we brought in,a OG LB or CB, hopefully we can get 2 of the 3 and then fill whats left.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• Bills offseason is essentially done in the FM.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by DollarBill3181

You lose both FA

Or keep McGahee?
                            thatd be awesome...
                            Draft Jarrett 12th
                            Now Rd2 depends on what we did in FA, we lost both i assume you mean Fletcher and Clements.
                            Our Rd2 pick would depend on what outside FA we brought in,a OG LB or CB, hopefully we can get 2 of the 3 and then fill whats left.
                            Get off Jarretts nuts :!:

:P

Comment

• Hey Art Vandalay I'm starting to warm up on Jason Hill. He was on the set with Mike Mayock last night and he's a well spoken kid who can really catch the ball.

A hell of a blocker too.

Comment

• Any truth to Willis to Jets for 1st Pick.

I would definetly pull that trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information