Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't mind seeing management make a play for AD if he falls down to around 6 or 7, before the Texans pick. Try and unload McGahee with the first rounder for a higher first rounder (as it has been suggested before on here) and get AD. Other than him, I'm not really high on any of the other running backs in the class. Maybe Lynch I guess.

My big board would have to be:
    1. Adrian Peterson
    2. Calvin Johnson
    3. ALan Branch
    4. Joe Thomas
    5. Gaines Adams
    6. Patrick Willis
    7. Amobi Okoye
    8. Jamaal Anderson
    9. Marshawn Lynch
    10. Dwayne Bowe
    11. Leon Hall
    12. Ben Grubbs
    13. Chris Houston
    14. Ryan Kalil
    15. Dwayne Jarrett
    GO BILLS!

Comment

• Originally posted by KJ4140
      I wouldn't mind seeing management make a play for AD if he falls down to around 6 or 7, before the Texans pick. Try and unload McGahee with the first rounder for a higher first rounder (as it has been suggested before on here) and get AD. Other than him, I'm not really high on any of the other running backs in the class. Maybe Lynch I guess.

My big board would have to be:
      1. Adrian Peterson
      2. Calvin Johnson
      3. ALan Branch
      4. Joe Thomas
      5. Gaines Adams
      6. Patrick Willis
      7. Amobi Okoye
      8. Jamaal Anderson
      9. Marshawn Lynch
      10. Dwayne Bowe
      11. Leon Hall
      12. Ben Grubbs
      13. Chris Houston
      14. Ryan Kalil
      15. Dwayne Jarrett
      Willis #6 but then no mention at all of a guy like Timmons or Posluszny or Beason? Willis is the best yeah, but if not him then I wouldn't be upset at one of those other LB. I'd have all 3 ahead of guys like Houston and Kalil

Comment

• Originally posted by KJ4140
        I wouldn't mind seeing management make a play for AD if he falls down to around 6 or 7, before the Texans pick. Try and unload McGahee with the first rounder for a higher first rounder (as it has been suggested before on here) and get AD. Other than him, I'm not really high on any of the other running backs in the class. Maybe Lynch I guess.
        someone on the bills boards thought we could get a first for mcgahee and a sixth, but i agree with you KJ, willis and our first could get us peterson, here was my response, and i don't think it's too far fetched:

mcgahee will NOT get us a first rounder unless it's with our first rounder to trade up. mcgahee with a second day pick will not get us a first, at best maybe mcgahee and a second rouder could get us a late first rounder. if we make a trade for a running back, we should wait to see if adrian peterson falls past the browns at three, if he does he'll last till eight, barring a trade up. in that case, i would give mcgahee and our first, for the number eight, to get peterson.

also, the texans might not take peterson, because kubiak is from that denver zone system, and RBs are not supposed to be as important, so he may opt to go somewhere else. with no trade ups, it's not likely, but it's not impossible for peterson to fall to twelve, but i think if he makes it past eight, teams like green bay or the giants will try and trade up for him.
        what do you guys think?
        2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

• Bills get new jumbotron...

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20070131/1059086.asp

[/url]

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• I think we would really benefit by trading down into the 20s and picking up another 2nd and 3rd or 4th rounder.

The list of realistic players that we might be looking at in these first few rounds involves...

OGs - most likely Blalock, Brown (?), Grubbs, Beekman, Ramirez, maybe Datish
            LBs- Willis, maybe Davis and about 4 OLBs
            WRs- Big possession types, Jarrett, Bowe, Rice, Meachem (meh)
            CBs- McCaulley, Houston, Hughes...long long list
            RBs- Unless Lynch just blows us away, no one is really worth taking in the first, would love to have Bush w/ a late 2nd or early 3rd.
            DT- no real NT talent worthy of an early pick in this draft.

Peripheral needs... TE? FB? NT? DE? ATH.

Point is, it's doubtful that many, if any of these guys get taken before the 20s. OG, CB can be addressed later in the draft due to decent depth.

From 12, we could trade into the 23ish area and pick up (according to the draft pick value chart) an extra 2nd AND 3rd rd pick.

1. BEST AVAILABLE WR - Jarrett, Bowe, Rice...at least one will be there
            2a. Jon Beason - 10th pick in the 2nd round...hopefully he's there, he could be great
            2b. Chris Houston - he and Hughes are my 1a and 1b choices for cb. I see houston being a great corner for a long time.
            3a. Mike Bush...Just have a feeling his injury and other players performance will drop him into the 3rd. Big steal if he does.
            3b. Beekman/Ramirez (BEST AVAILABLE OG)
            4. options at 4 include...
            -BEST AVAILABLE PASS RUSH END- draft is actually looking pretty deep w/ pressure-speed ends, good spot to pick one up and groom.
            -Biggest NT available
            -TE
            -Le'Ron McClain

Comment

• Does anyone know the status of Villarrial?

I know we havent' gotten much out of him with injuries and such is he gone for good?

Comment

• At this point I don't really think you can expect him to play all season. He has the old man injury syndrome and unfortunately its about time to find his replacement, which is why I love Grubbs/Beekman/Blaylock in the 2nd Round at RG while keeping Gandy at LG if we don't go for a LG in FA if possible (Steinbach anyone?).
                Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach
                  Does anyone know the status of Villarrial?

I know we havent' gotten much out of him with injuries and such is he gone for good?
                  He can't be counted on.........officially a FA bust.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Looking more and more like we can trade down for a good LB, or OL (or CB if we dont resign Nate) and pick up a 2nd or at least a 3rd rounder (possibly making Willis expendable).

Of the positions we need (in no order, and depending on resignins & free agency) - LB, OG, CB, WR look to be what we'd take in rd.1 and the only player that has value at #12 is D.Jarrett.

I'm not even saying to take him there...
                    if he's there cool take him...
                    if hes not trade down...
                    if hes there and we dont want to get a WR too high (tho i think id be a mistake passing on DJ) fine, trade down.

*DT a need to an extent, but I cant see us drafting DT rd/1 after getting McCargo rd1 and signing Tripplett, we still need one but idk bout rd1.

I'm really thinking we can get teh guys us Bills fans have oin our BigBoards lower in the first round, not even too low at teh end, maybe trade with some1 who needs a RB so they can pick up Lynch, or give em Willis - or a team that needs a QB or someone they've been eying.

I'm really thinking trade down is the best option (even more than DJ, and thats sayin alot for me lol) cause we can getta decent #2 somewhere in FA or later in the draft and picking up extra picks higher in day 1 would REALLY help.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• It looks like Carolina may be trying to trade Kris Jenkins. What if McGahee and McCargo were packaged for Jenkins, Foster and a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

He'd help us with our run D and we could bring in K. Williams on passing downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach
                        It looks like Carolina may be trying to trade Kris Jenkins. What if McGahee and McCargo were packaged for Jenkins, Foster and a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

LOL

Sorry no way in hell do we get such a trade looking like

McGahee - Won't want to deal with him in a contract year.
                        McCargo - Unproven and Considered a Reach at the time.

for

Kris Jenkins - One of the best DTs in the league, albeit marred by injuries lately.
                        Foster - Essentially McGahee's value really.
                        2nd/3rd Round Pick

Hell we couldn't even get Jenkins for McGahee and McCargo let alone pick up Foster and a Day one Draft Pick!
                        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills Guru
                          Originally posted by OTcoach
                          It looks like Carolina may be trying to trade Kris Jenkins. What if McGahee and McCargo were packaged for Jenkins, Foster and a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

LOL

Sorry no way in hell do we get such a trade looking like

McGahee - Won't want to deal with him in a contract year.
                          McCargo - Unproven and Considered a Reach at the time.

for

Kris Jenkins - One of the best DTs in the league, albeit marred by injuries lately.
                          Foster - Essentially McGahee's value really.
                          2nd/3rd Round Pick

Hell we couldn't even get Jenkins for McGahee and McCargo let alone pick up Foster and a Day one Draft Pick!
                          Carolina would be overjoyed to trade 2 guys who are injured every year and whose careers are close to over for McGahee and McCargo. They do that trade in a minute and we'd have another long run in the celler with Jenkins and Foster on IR every year.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• I feel Buffalo must trade one of their DT's. Williams is a steal with his $$, Triplett has to be retained to show "good faith" for other free agents. Therefore McCargo should be moved.

Carolina has Maake Kemoeatu who just turned 28 weighs 350 and had a decent year. No sacks but he stuffs the run. and...he's cheap. D. Lewis is still productive and offers a pass rush from inside. Jenkins is overpaid for what they've gotten out of him recently but I think if we used him right he could be a 2 down player and bring some much needed bulk.

From what I saw in Carolina this yr Foster just isn't the type of back to succeed in their system. McGahee would be excellent as he runs more like Davis than anyone they have. He would be a risk, but why not? They have D.Williams waiting in the wings if he decides to bolt next yr. (which I don't think he'd do if he was successful). And McCargo (who is going to be good) to groom on the inside.

Comment

• None of the 3 big DT will be moved, it doesnt make business sense. Kyle Williams is being paid practically zip, so he is staying. McCargo was just a 1st rounder last year. If you pick someone in the 1st round you dont dump them after one year. It's just not going to happen. Tripplett is the best possibility, but even that has almost no chance of happening. He has a pretty hefty contract and cutting your best FA signing from LAST year is an awful move. Who is going to come to Buffalo now? Most players hate the city as it is, if they think they may be treated unfairly (in their opinion), why should they come). One thing is for sure, Timmy A will be gone.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• What do you guys think about drafting a tight end early. If Zach Miller or Greg Olsen are available at the 44th overall pick do you think we would pick one of them up? Which one would you guys prefer and why? I was just wondering if you guys would pick either of them up if they were available in the second round.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information