Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about drafting a tight end early. If Zach Miller or Greg Olsen are available at the 44th overall pick do you think we would pick one of them up? Which one would you guys prefer and why? I was just wondering if you guys would pick either of them up if they were available in the second round.
    As far as the Tightend position goes i would rather look towards free agency then use a potential second round pick on a player like Olsen or Miller as imo we can pick a player of better value. In regards for the need at TE i would look at maybe the 3rd round or early second day as imo this draft has no superstars at the position though it has extreme depth.

I would much rather try and sign Daniel Graham from the Pats as they will probably put up no fight to resign him at all as they already have Ben Watson. We can then use royal as our blocking te, which he is more suited for, and then graham as our designated receiving TE. I would love to see the bills use graham on those TE screens the patriots have been killing us on for the last few years.

Just my two cents...

Comment

• I'd like to pickup Graham or go TE in round 4 like Ben Patrick or Harline.

As for LB, I think it's def going to be addressed first day and if Okoye is there at 12 I think we take him then go for Beason or Siler round 2.

Comment

• for tight end, i think we should go olsen in the second, if he's there, depending on how FA went and who else left in the second, but i'd rather have eric johnson from SF in FA than graham.
        2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

• I like Eric Johnson as a receiving threat but he is terribly injury-prone.

Comment

• I think olsen in the second round would be a great choice...although i dont liek the attitude teh U of M guys bring out..and i dont wanan see him riding a motorcycle

Comment

• I think we're fine at TE. Everett's ACL will be that much better next yr and Royal will continue to gel with JP.

You guys don't like my Jenkins trade but I do think you'll see Marv go looking for a NT in a trade this off-season as there is no Ngata type in the draft this yr. Indy gave up a 2nd rd for Booger, he's obviously helped them get to were they are. Jenkins might be to rich but there has to be someone out there that'll help our run D.

Comment

• We won't make such a trade, that trade was ridiculous lopsided for us and Carolina wasn't getting anything in return really.

We have an unproven in McCargo so I don't see why you are trying to get rid of him. Hell he hasn't proven anything I know but you're trying to ship him off already.

And guess what - we didn't take Ngata because a Ngata-Type doesn't fit our system! Hence we won't do it this season.
                Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Hey guys, I was trying to put together some free agency and draft ideas. I keep hearing on our message boards that you guys are looking at someone like Levi Brown, any truth to that? I don't think OLine is a particularly big need of yours although Brown would be a decent fit for what you guys do.

I'd also heard a couple people speculate that you might be looking at a WR like Dwayne Jarrett if he's available to complement Lee Evans. Any ideas on that?

I think Patrick Willis or even Lawrence Timmons would be a good look for you guys, both definitely fit your defense, although at the same time I think there are a lot of decent LBs like that in this draft that you could find someone like Beason, Everett, Rufus, etc. in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I noticed in Scott Wright's mock that he has you taking Darrelle Revis. Any credence to that? Your pass defense was relatively solid this year and you spent 3 of your top 4 picks last year in the secondary, granted two were on FS/SS but still, so any possibility of taking a CB like Revis or Hall in the 1st?

What about like an Alan Branch in the unlikely event that he falls to you guys? You got McCargo last year but he's not the NT, runstuffing type of DT like Branch is. While he's likely a top 5-10 talent I'm not sure a lot of the teams in front of you guys are looking for his type of a DT. Amobi Okoye would be another option that may be more likely to fall to you guys, but he's much more similar to McCargo as was pointed out in an earlier post on here.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Don't know about you guys but I'm liking Leon Hall more and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide Right
                      Don't know about you guys but I'm liking Leon Hall more and more.
                      i think he's a bit over rated in a weak CB class. i'd rather trade down and grab revis/houston than take hall at 12.
                      2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by morknolle
                        Hey guys, I was trying to put together some free agency and draft ideas. I keep hearing on our message boards that you guys are looking at someone like Levi Brown, any truth to that? I don't think OLine is a particularly big need of yours although Brown would be a decent fit for what you guys do.

I'd also heard a couple people speculate that you might be looking at a WR like Dwayne Jarrett if he's available to complement Lee Evans. Any ideas on that?

I think Patrick Willis or even Lawrence Timmons would be a good look for you guys, both definitely fit your defense, although at the same time I think there are a lot of decent LBs like that in this draft that you could find someone like Beason, Everett, Rufus, etc. in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I noticed in Scott Wright's mock that he has you taking Darrelle Revis. Any credence to that? Your pass defense was relatively solid this year and you spent 3 of your top 4 picks last year in the secondary, granted two were on FS/SS but still, so any possibility of taking a CB like Revis or Hall in the 1st?

What about like an Alan Branch in the unlikely event that he falls to you guys? You got McCargo last year but he's not the NT, runstuffing type of DT like Branch is. While he's likely a top 5-10 talent I'm not sure a lot of the teams in front of you guys are looking for his type of a DT. Amobi Okoye would be another option that may be more likely to fall to you guys, but he's much more similar to McCargo as was pointed out in an earlier post on here.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
                        I'll try to get to all of your points

- Most Bills fans that I know don't want Brown or any OL in the 1st (save a Joe Thomas miracle drop)

- I'd like to get a guy like Jarrett but I don't think it will happen as much. Could be a possibility though. Possibly Dwayne Bowe even

- Many Bills fans look at LB as the biggest need. And while I'm sure we'd all agree on your point of the depth at the position, I am a huge fan of Patrick Willis and really really like the 1st round LB in this draft (Willis, Posluszny, and to a lesser extent Timmons)

- CB is considered a big need due to the impending departure of Clements. McGee is no #1 and Youboty hasn't proven much and is not seen well in the eyes of many, though he is seen as a great potential starter by others

- I don't like our DTs that much. Didn't like the McCargo (even though I was all about improving our DT last year, I just wasn't a huge fan of his). That said, I'm not sure if we go after nohter DT so soon after having 3 new guys this year top our depth chart. But I would LOVE Alan Branch

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide Right
                          Don't know about you guys but I'm liking Leon Hall more and more.
                          It would be a pretty good pick (all things assumed with Clements). He'd be a fine player for us, but I see him a bit overrated and don't want a CB in the first round as much. I like Daymeion Hughes and Aaron Ross if they could be there in the 2nd round

Comment

• My Top 21/22 Big Board:

1. Calvin Johnson
                            2. Adrian Peterson
                            3. Alan Branch
                            4. Jamaal Anderson
                            5. Gaines Adams
                            6. Lawrence Timmons
                            7. Amobi Okoye
                            8. Marshawn Lynch
                            9. Chris Houston
                            10. Robert Meachem
                            11. Patrick Willis
                            12. Dwayne Bowe
                            13. Leon Hall
                            14. Ben Grubbs
                            15. Jon Beason
                            16. Aaron Ross
                            17. Josh Wilson
                            18. Jon Beason
                            19. Victor Abiamiri
                            20. Daymeion Hughes
                            21. Zach Miller/Greg Olsen

Comment

• Bills will struggle alot on offense if they dont sign one of the top FA WRs (Stallworth, Bennett, etc) orrr draft a WR rd1 or 2.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• Originally posted by DollarBill3181
                                Bills will struggle alot on offense if they dont sign one of the top FA WRs (Stallworth, Bennett, etc) orrr draft a WR rd1 or 2.
                                I definitely disagree with this. Stallworth is another speed guy which we don't need and Bennett did not play well at all last year for the Titans.

Drafting a WR in the first two rounds is not necessary either. We need a bigger, more physical WR than we currently have. Obviously, we don't have to draft this type of WR in the first 2 rounds.

Also, hate to burst your bubble but I truly believe we would take Bowe over Jarrett, especially since Marv and company recently witnessed his domination in Mobile. Jarrett has had some character and speed issues, is flashy and doesn't seem like a Marv player.

I don't understand why you say we would struggle "alot" on offense when we won't be losing any of our offensive weapons from last year (except maybe McGahee, which IMO will only helo us) and we didn't really struggle on offense last year.

While I don't think we will go offense in Round 1, the only possible pick that I see is either Adrian Peterson (would require trading up) or Dwayne Bowe at #12. As of right now, if the draft was tomorrow, I think that the Marv braintrust would select Amobi Okoye at #12.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information