X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by art vandelay
    Originally posted by DollarBill3181
    Bills will struggle alot on offense if they dont sign one of the top FA WRs (Stallworth, Bennett, etc) orrr draft a WR rd1 or 2.
    I definitely disagree with this. Stallworth is another speed guy which we don't need and Bennett did not play well at all last year for the Titans.

Drafting a WR in the first two rounds is not necessary either. We need a bigger, more physical WR than we currently have. Obviously, we don't have to draft this type of WR in the first 2 rounds.

Also, hate to burst your bubble but I truly believe we would take Bowe over Jarrett, especially since Marv and company recently witnessed his domination in Mobile. Jarrett has had some character and speed issues, is flashy and doesn't seem like a Marv player.

I don't understand why you say we would struggle "alot" on offense when we won't be losing any of our offensive weapons from last year (except maybe McGahee, which IMO will only helo us) and we didn't really struggle on offense last year.

While I don't think we will go offense in Round 1, the only possible pick that I see is either Adrian Peterson (would require trading up) or Dwayne Bowe at #12. As of right now, if the draft was tomorrow, I think that the Marv braintrust would select Amobi Okoye at #12.
    I agree that I don't really want to sign any of the FA out there
    Although I'd rather have Jarrett (its close), I agree Bowe would be more likely.
    And there is no one that we could feasibly bring in right now that would be better than McGahee in the short run, barring him holding out.
    I don't see us struggling in the sense, but a big WR is still something I really want and believe would help us plenty

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
      Originally posted by art vandelay
      Bills will struggle alot on offense if they dont sign one of the top FA WRs (Stallworth, Bennett, etc) orrr draft a WR rd1 or 2.
      I definitely disagree with this. Stallworth is another speed guy which we don't need and Bennett did not play well at all last year for the Titans.

Drafting a WR in the first two rounds is not necessary either. We need a bigger, more physical WR than we currently have. Obviously, we don't have to draft this type of WR in the first 2 rounds.

Also, hate to burst your bubble but I truly believe we would take Bowe over Jarrett, especially since Marv and company recently witnessed his domination in Mobile. Jarrett has had some character and speed issues, is flashy and doesn't seem like a Marv player.

I don't understand why you say we would struggle "alot" on offense when we won't be losing any of our offensive weapons from last year (except maybe McGahee, which IMO will only helo us) and we didn't really struggle on offense last year.

While I don't think we will go offense in Round 1, the only possible pick that I see is either Adrian Peterson (would require trading up) or Dwayne Bowe at #12. As of right now, if the draft was tomorrow, I think that the Marv braintrust would select Amobi Okoye at #12.
      I agree that I don't really want to sign any of the FA out there
      Although I'd rather have Jarrett (its close), I agree Bowe would be more likely.
      And there is no one that we could feasibly bring in right now that would be better than McGahee in the short run, barring him holding out.
      I don't see us struggling in the sense, but a big WR is still something I really want and believe would help us plenty
      Definitely agree with that.

Comment

• Thurman Thomas, member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Fantastic news for Thurman Thomas, his family, and the Buffalo Bills franchise. Thomas is one of my favorite Bills players ever, so I'm glad to see him inducted.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Congrats Thurman!
          GO BILLS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo

Thurman Thomas, member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Fantastic news for Thurman Thomas, his family, and the Buffalo Bills franchise. Thomas is one of my favorite Bills players ever, so I'm glad to see him inducted.
            Cheaaa boiii...congrats to Thurman!!

Comment

• Congrats to the greatest Bills Runningback of all time! (YOU HEAR THAT OJ!)

He should of gotten in last year so it's about ******* time.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by DollarBill3181
                If Robert Meachem is there in the 2nd when we pick, should we draft him?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Thurman Thomas was always one of my favorite players growing up. And it's so on point when people say he was ahead of his time. Guys like Reggie Bush, Brian Westbrook, Marshall Faulk all have and had a little bit of Thurman Thomas in them.

Speaking of Thomas he's the type of RB that we need to draft come April. An all purpose threat that can gain yards on the ground as well as in the air.

Darius Walker is no Thurman Thomas but he'd be a good pickup in the draft.

When I think of those great Bills teams I'm set aback at the type of talent we had.

Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, James Lofton and Marv Levy are all in the HOF already.

Then you think of guys like Andre Reed, Steve Tasker, Bruce Smith, Bill Polian, Ralph Wilson who could all get in if the breaks go thier way.

I was spoiled growing up watching those teams. Spoiled rotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083
                    If Robert Meachem is there in the 2nd when we pick, should we draft him?
                    I would. He has all the measurables and would give Losman a big target in the red zone.

Comment

• The receiver I want the most for the Bills in the draft is Robert Meachem. He gives us the best fit for our offense being a very athletic receiver, but he is also a big guy, not necessarily a long guy, but he seems a lot like Anquan Boldin to me in that he isn't the guy who will burn you with speed, but he will make the catches and take the hits and get you the first downs. I would take him in the second round no doubt, he is the only second round receiver I would take aside from one of the top two junior tight-ends and I would grab him before those two.

The only other receiver I would want us to draft would be Jacoby Jones in the fourth or fifth round. He is a bigger target and has great speed, I really want to see what happens with him after the combine because he could shoot up into the late day one-early day two talk with a great combine, I think. Both of these guys should run under a 4.45.

Of course I wouldn't mind Calvin Johnson falling to us in the first round or Bowe in the second round, but I really can't see that happening at all. I would probably say something like this in terms of drafting a receiver in the first two rounds:

Round 1: Calvin Johnson
                      Round 2: Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, Zach Miller, Greg Olsen

I can't see us taking Ginn or Rice at all because they are way too raw and need a lot of coaching and would take a while to get used to the pro style of play and I can't see Ginn lasting until round two at all and I just don't think Rice is what our staff is looking for in a receiver. Jarrett I could see being a Bill if he were there in the second or if we traded up into the early second if he falls because of his timed speed, but he isn't worth taking at 12th overall and won't be there at 43rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills Guru
                        We won't make such a trade, that trade was ridiculous lopsided for us and Carolina wasn't getting anything in return really.

We have an unproven in McCargo so I don't see why you are trying to get rid of him. Hell he hasn't proven anything I know but you're trying to ship him off already.

And guess what - we didn't take Ngata because a Ngata-Type doesn't fit our system! Hence we won't do it this season.

There are 2 teams playing this weekend each who play exactly the same type of defense we are playing now. Each has a man on the line who clogs up running lanes and allows the other three to get up field an put pressure on the QB. Currently we don't have one of those guys in Buffalo. We have 3 DT's who are light and active but not run stuffers. To my knowledge there isn't anyone in the draft that can address this need. I believe this is our biggest need to be addressed in the off-season. Our LB's are small our safeties are small. When teams ran on us this year we were in trouble. I didn't like McCargo last year and I don't think he Tripplett, Williams or Okoye will improve that. We need a big strong DT!

Comment

• There are 2 teams playing this weekend each who play exactly the same type of defense we are playing now. Each has a man on the line who clogs up running lanes and allows the other three to get up field an put pressure on the QB. Currently we don't have one of those guys in Buffalo. We have 3 DT's who are light and active but not run stuffers. To my knowledge there isn't anyone in the draft that can address this need. I believe this is our biggest need to be addressed in the off-season. Our LB's are small our safeties are small. When teams ran on us this year we were in trouble. I didn't like McCargo last year and I don't think he Tripplett, Williams or Okoye will improve that. We need a big strong DT!
                          Alan Branch, though he will almost certainly be gone by 12

Comment

• many think demarcus tyler will be a very good NT in the nfl, but people are talking about his character issues now, which i never heard before. what character issues does he have?

people say tyler is falling too, with character issues we might not touch him, but he might be a steal in the third if he lasts like some people think he will.

i also highly doubt dwayne bowe or robert meachem are there in the second, but i'd be all for taking them if they lasted.
                            2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

• Scott didn't seem to have a bad impression of Tyler after the Sr Bwl week. It sounded like he was a big slow at the start but he definately has the size at 323 and it sounded like he got better as the week went on.

I personally think we're okay at WR. Yes we're missing a big possession type guy but with the JP's ability to scramble and his strong arm. I think we'll survive with Price, Parrish and Reed complimenting Evans for another year. I sure wouldn't spend a first day pick on a WR.

From what I saw of David Harris this year I think he's got the attitude and the on-field smarts to be very successful in the NFL. He doesn't necessarily have the measureables in the weight room but I think he'd be a great fit in Buffalo. Tony Hunt is another guy who seems to fit in the same mold. I'd love to see these two guys on our team next Sept.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach
                                Scott didn't seem to have a bad impression of Tyler after the Sr Bwl week. It sounded like he was a big slow at the start but he definately has the size at 323 and it sounded like he got better as the week went on.

I personally think we're okay at WR. Yes we're missing a big possession type guy but with the JP's ability to scramble and his strong arm. I think we'll survive with Price, Parrish and Reed complimenting Evans for another year. I sure wouldn't spend a first day pick on a WR.

From what I saw of David Harris this year I think he's got the attitude and the on-field smarts to be very successful in the NFL. He doesn't necessarily have the measureables in the weight room but I think he'd be a great fit in Buffalo. Tony Hunt is another guy who seems to fit in the same mold. I'd love to see these two guys on our team next Sept.
                                Harris is a bad fit for our D. He's a run stopper, limited in space and not much more. We need athletic guys who can drop back in coverage and "fly to the ball."

Hunt is a guy that I just don't like. He's a good college back who won't be able to cut it in the NFL due to his lack of quickness and speed. He's very similar to McGahee right now I think because he's a frickin horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information