This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I have missed quite a bit over the last day or 2:

- We do need a big possession WR to help Losman and this offense take the next step. That said, we have a lot of holes, and if Clements and Fletch leave, WR suddenly doesnt become that big of a deal imo. It would be nice to have, but I think other needs supersede it. And, the last thing we need is another fast, burner type WR, we have way too many as it is.... Dwayne Bowe is a great fit, but at 12? His stock was late first round for a reason, dont let one week influence you that much. If we could get down to around 20, I would not be unhappy with the pick. Meachem would be fantastic late 1st.

- Tank Tyler would be an OK choice if he fell to the 2nd, but I dont like him before the mid twenties for any team, let alone the Bills.

- I think my philosophy is well known about DT, we need a run stuffer. So what if he isn't a perfect fit for the system, we were gashed by the run all last year and that need to stop. You win by running and stopping the run, thats why we are picking 12 instead of celebrating a playoff berth. Contrary to some people's beliefs after the senior bowl, I still see Okoye as that kind of guy.

- Congrats to Thurman. I may make the trip to see him enshrined!
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• While I may be a Packers fan, I live in Rochester and have watched pretty much every Bills game with my dad growing up. Just wanted to come into this thread and give an unbiased look on the offseason while being an intelligent Bills follower:

-Don't trade McGahee. A lot of people bring up valid points when bringing up his stats and his comments, but if you cant see all of the things you look for in a RB when he touches the ball then you must be blind. Vision, strength, speed, moves, etc. I think this situation can be smoothed out and the Bills can find a way to sign him to an extension.

-Keep Clements. Yes he's going to want top CB $, but he's earned it. Buffalo normally stays away from big contracts, but from what I understand Levy is pushing Wilson to spend a little more. And throwing a lot of money his way would be well spent.

-Let Fletcher walk. Fletcher is one of my favorite players as he always seems to be in the area of where a tackle is made, but he never meets players at the line. The Bills are looking for somebody who can shut down the run, and Fletcher is best suited for a team that runs a bend but dont break defense.

-The O-Line does need to be adressed. I know they played better down the stretch, but I still don't trust anybody outside of Peters. I've heard the Bills plan on going after some interior lineman in the offseason which is good, but I still think Pennington is a liability in spite of all the love he's getting. Yes he didnt allow a lot of sacks, but I saw a lot of pressure coming in on the right side and I don't recall him being much of a run blocker.

-DT should be adressed, and yes I know McCargo still needs a chance to prove himself. But if Branch or Okoye are somehow available, I would be very tempted to take them as they would most likely provide an immediate impact and become key pieces of the franchise for years to come.

-WR is an area of concern. The Bills have some bodies in Price, Reed, Parrish, but none of them are true #2 WR's in my opinion. They need a big posession reciever to go a long with the deep threat Evans.

That being said, the Bills should go hard after Eric Steinbach in FA, which I believe has already been rumored. And the list of players of players the Bills should be looking at in the 1st round should be (in no particular order and assuming everything I said about the Bills FA happens):

Patrick Willis, Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, and Dwayne Jarrett.

Comment

• Good Post. I agree with everything except the McGahee situation

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
          Great Post ^^^
          except for the dont trade mcgahee part

im 100% for him going

and 33% interested in knowingly watching this team NOT make the playoffs if he stays

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• Oh yeah, forgot about that part. McGahee is not that great. He's our best running option for this season barring a holdout, but thats about it. His future doesn't look bright here and I'm just fine with that

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
              Originally posted by SuperMcgee
              Originally posted by art vandelay
              Originally posted by DollarBill3181
              Bills will struggle alot on offense if they dont sign one of the top FA WRs (Stallworth, Bennett, etc) orrr draft a WR rd1 or 2.
              I definitely disagree with this. Stallworth is another speed guy which we don't need and Bennett did not play well at all last year for the Titans.

Drafting a WR in the first two rounds is not necessary either. We need a bigger, more physical WR than we currently have. Obviously, we don't have to draft this type of WR in the first 2 rounds.

Also, hate to burst your bubble but I truly believe we would take Bowe over Jarrett, especially since Marv and company recently witnessed his domination in Mobile. Jarrett has had some character and speed issues, is flashy and doesn't seem like a Marv player.

I don't understand why you say we would struggle "alot" on offense when we won't be losing any of our offensive weapons from last year (except maybe McGahee, which IMO will only helo us) and we didn't really struggle on offense last year.

While I don't think we will go offense in Round 1, the only possible pick that I see is either Adrian Peterson (would require trading up) or Dwayne Bowe at #12. As of right now, if the draft was tomorrow, I think that the Marv braintrust would select Amobi Okoye at #12.
              I agree that I don't really want to sign any of the FA out there
              Although I'd rather have Jarrett (its close), I agree Bowe would be more likely.
              And there is no one that we could feasibly bring in right now that would be better than McGahee in the short run, barring him holding out.
              I don't see us struggling in the sense, but a big WR is still something I really want and believe would help us plenty
              Definitely agree with that.
              see, i coudlnt disagree more, your sayign keep mcgahee and dont get a #2 wr, see thats the kind of thinking that got us to 8-8 and not in the playoffs, and yes we finished well but our offense needs a bit of tweeking.
              that tweeking is getting rid of someone who doesnt wanna be here and using that pick or trade to get someone who does - there are MANY MANY options at RB in FA and rd 2.

WR - i know, i agree with SuperMcgee that Bowe seems more liekly than JArrett yet Jarrett is better - but idk HOW MUCH Bowe is more likely, what cause hes a "Marv guy?" - Jarrett doesnt have major character issues, he celebrates a bit, overall hes rather quiet in general

Buffalo WILL NOT make the playoffs if they dont get a better #2 WR AND trade W.McGahee, no question.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                Oh yeah, forgot about that part. McGahee is not that great. He's our best running option for this season barring a holdout, but thats about it. His future doesn't look bright here and I'm just fine with that
                good call

Comment

• see, i coudlnt disagree more, your sayign keep mcgahee and dont get a #2 wr, see thats the kind of thinking that got us to 8-8 and not in the playoffs, and yes we finished well but our offense needs a bit of tweeking.
                  Thats signs of a true Buffalo Bills fan right there lol, we finished 7-9 big guy.

Comment

• If we were to go after a LB in round 2 who would you prefer out of:

Jon Beason, Brandon Siler, or Earl Everett?

I like Beason and Siler alot, although I like Everetts versatility. All three imo, would be a very good fit in our scheme. But which of them would you guys prefer?

Comment

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
                      If we were to go after a LB in round 2 who would you prefer out of:

I like Beason and Siler alot, although I like Everetts versatility. All three imo, would be a very good fit in our scheme. But which of them would you guys prefer?
                      Beason.

Comment

• 1. Amobi Okoye, DT - Louisville
                        This kid is going to be a stud DT and will be too hard for us to pass on here. If we need him to bulk up he will but he is a dominant force on the interior of a dline who can bring the pressure and stuff the run. He is exactly what we need.

2. Jon Beason, LB - Miami, FL
                        I think Crowell moves inside as Fletcher walks. Jon Beason comes in to play WLB and help out our run d even more. While I like Keith Ellison, I don't see him as a full time guy because he's just too small to be that and isn't a big force against the run. If Beason is gone, Brandon Siler here.

3. Jason Hill, WR - Washington St.
                        Jason Hill may be an underrated WR, he's got great hands and produces. I think he'll become an excellent number 2 guy as a pro and he happens to be exactlly the type of possesion WR who can do more than that which we lack.

4. Dwayne Wright, RB - Fresno St.
                        I love this pick because Wright may be a very underrated back who can become a starter in the NFL, he missed about 2 years to injury and came back and rushed for 1,400 yards. I think he's a big time sleeper. We don't move McGahee this offseason and he starts the upcoming season but we don't extend him, hopefully Wright shows enough to take over and be a true steal.

5. -Traded to Stl. for Anthony Hargrove-

6. Mike Jones, OG - Iowa
                        A Late round offensive lineman who we can work with.

7. Le'Ron McClain, FB - Alabama
                        We need a FB, as Shelton is done. McClain may go higher than this and is a very good blocking FB.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
                          If we were to go after a LB in round 2 who would you prefer out of:

I like Everett more and I've been pimping him up over on the Bills official site.

1. We should trade down and acquire more picks
                          2. We need to get rid of McGahee and early 2nd might do it.
                          3. Either stockpile talent with the picks we get from these two trades or move up into the late 1st.

I'd prefer the former where we can address most of our needs.

Leon Hall-CB Michigan(1st)
                          Zach Miller-TE Arizona St.(2nd)
                          Earl Everett-OLB Flordia(2nd)
                          Darius Walker-RB Notre Dame(3rd)
                          Jason Hill-WR Washington St.(3rd)
                          Manuel Ramirez-RG Texas Tech(4th)
                          LeRon McClain-FB Alabama(5th)
                          Corey Hilliard-RT Oklahoma St.(7th)

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach
                            Each has a man on the line who clogs up running lanes and allows the other three to get up field an put pressure on the QB.
                            You're making it sound like thats all they do. Each Team has its DTs that are capable of doing that and still making athletic plays and run down guys, something Jenkins isn't known to do.
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Well we're undefeated again!

Comment

• Originally posted by DBeebe82
                                see, i coudlnt disagree more, your sayign keep mcgahee and dont get a #2 wr, see thats the kind of thinking that got us to 8-8 and not in the playoffs, and yes we finished well but our offense needs a bit of tweeking.
                                Thats signs of a true Buffalo Bills fan right there lol, we finished 7-9 big guy.
                                im sorrry, i must be missing something, what signs?
                                i made a (one game) mistake of our record, but infact 7-9 is worse than 8-8 but still didnt make the playoffs....dont see your point

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information