X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
    1. Amobi Okoye, DT - Louisville
    This kid is going to be a stud DT and will be too hard for us to pass on here. If we need him to bulk up he will but he is a dominant force on the interior of a dline who can bring the pressure and stuff the run. He is exactly what we need.

2. Jon Beason, LB - Miami, FL
    I think Crowell moves inside as Fletcher walks. Jon Beason comes in to play WLB and help out our run d even more. While I like Keith Ellison, I don't see him as a full time guy because he's just too small to be that and isn't a big force against the run. If Beason is gone, Brandon Siler here.

3. Jason Hill, WR - Washington St.
    Jason Hill may be an underrated WR, he's got great hands and produces. I think he'll become an excellent number 2 guy as a pro and he happens to be exactlly the type of possesion WR who can do more than that which we lack.

4. Dwayne Wright, RB - Fresno St.
    I love this pick because Wright may be a very underrated back who can become a starter in the NFL, he missed about 2 years to injury and came back and rushed for 1,400 yards. I think he's a big time sleeper. We don't move McGahee this offseason and he starts the upcoming season but we don't extend him, hopefully Wright shows enough to take over and be a true steal.

5. -Traded to Stl. for Anthony Hargrove-

6. Mike Jones, OG - Iowa
    A Late round offensive lineman who we can work with.

7. Le'Ron McClain, FB - Alabama
    We need a FB, as Shelton is done. McClain may go higher than this and is a very good blocking FB.
    Best mock I have seen, altho I dont see McCain being there at all. Love all the picks and they are feasible for the most part. I assume, you are thinking we will pursue an OG in FA.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S
      Best mock I have seen, altho I dont see McCain being there at all. Love all the picks and they are feasible for the most part. I assume, you are thinking we will pursue an OG in FA.
      I really think Marv knows how important it is to bring in one of Steinbach or Dielman and I really think it's going to happen. I would love it if we can manage to get two 2nd round picks and go Grubbs early then Everett with the latter one, that imo, is an ideal situation.

Comment

• I hate to burst your guys' bubble, but Jason Hill is a slightly larger version of Josh Reed (w/out the blocking ability). Got to see a lot of him here in the pac 10, and, while he'd be a great pick in the 5th or 6th round, isn't worth a 3rd round pick. What we really need is a wr with a big frame and that isn't Hill. Really, if we don't take Jarrett, Rice, CJ (by some miraculous happenings), or Bowe, we'd be better off filling other holes in the early rounds and taking a guy like Paul Thompson or Stanback in the later rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by glazeduck
          I hate to burst your guys' bubble, but Jason Hill is a slightly larger version of Josh Reed (w/out the blocking ability). Got to see a lot of him here in the pac 10, and, while he'd be a great pick in the 5th or 6th round, isn't worth a 3rd round pick. What we really need is a wr with a big frame and that isn't Hill. Really, if we don't take Jarrett, Rice, CJ (by some miraculous happenings), or Bowe, we'd be better off filling other holes in the early rounds and taking a guy like Paul Thompson or Stanback in the later rounds.
          I think you're really underrating him. While he's not spectacular I think he has what it takes to be a consistent Number 2 target on the pro level.

Comment

• Bigger need for Buffalo? Offensive Tackle or Middle Linebacker?

Just curious . . .
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera
              Bigger need for Buffalo? Offensive Tackle or Middle Linebacker?

Just curious . . .
              Offensive Tackle isn't a need period, our guard positions need improving. Middle Linebacker might not be either depending on if we move Crowell inside which is a strong possibility.

NEWS:

Coy Wire re-signs: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4600

Also, theres a interview on WGR's site, people said Ralph says he's willing to spend up to the cap limit and going after Briggs is mentioned in the interview... If anyone is able to listen and share that would be wonderful.

Comment

• people said Josh Reed had what it takes to be a good #2 also. I don't think Hill is bad, I just don't think he fits what we need. He doesn't have the big frame to box out for first downs and win jumpballs in the endzone like we need. A guy I'd rather have if we're determined to take a wr in the 3rdish round is Paul Williams, as i feel he'll be faster and a legite 6'2, whereas I see Hill being more like 6'0 1/2" and slower, with relatively equal hands. Williams reminds me of Jimmy Smith and, like i said, Hill reminds me of Josh Reed...don't think thats an insult, I just don't think its a compliment...or what we need

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera

Just curious . . .
                  Offensive Tackle isn't a need period, our guard positions need improving. Middle Linebacker might not be either depending on if we move Crowell inside which is a strong possibility.
                  I find this questionable. Jason Peters might be good enough to start, but Terrance Pennington is not someone I'd want to rely upon. Not really much quality depth either . . . whatever, that is your opinion.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by DWhitner20

Just curious . . .
                    I find this questionable. Jason Peters might be good enough to start, but Terrance Pennington is not someone I'd want to rely upon. Not really much quality depth either . . . whatever, that is your opinion.
                    You're right, we could probably bring someone in to push Pennington but he performed very well and wasn't horrible, he was actually good and he was a 7th round pick - very suprising and I think he's earned the right and shown enough to start next year. Someone could be brought in to push him so me saying not a need period was probably rash but there should be more concern in upgrading the Guard positions than adding a tackle.

Comment

• as far as severity of needs go, tackle is about even with TE.

If we can fill our interior needs on both sides of the line, LB, CB, WR, answer our long term runningback issues then upgrading TP is a possibility, I don't see it as neccessary or likely however, and even in that wonderful event that this happens, would still like to see TE upgraded first.

Pennington is big, strong, and athletic, we should be very encouraged by his play as a rookie and expect bigger and better things over the offseason and in the future from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by cordscords
                        -Let Fletcher walk. Fletcher is one of my favorite players as he always seems to be in the area of where a tackle is made, but he never meets players at the line. The Bills are looking for somebody who can shut down the run, and Fletcher is best suited for a team that runs a bend but dont break defense.
                        That is the Defense we run - a bend but don't break (Cover 2), allow the "chip-shot" kind of plays but not the big ones.

However I do agree we have to let him walk.
                        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by DWhitner20

Just curious . . .
                          Peters is phenomenal, and Pennington has earned probably the right to start the season but someone to push him would be good to have

Comment

• Just a thought but guys are sometiems knocked down a notch on ppl's big boards or rankings of FAs because they arent a "Marv guy"

I remember a couple ppl discussing exactly what really is a "Marv guy" when debating over a player or two, and i kinda agree that thats just a half-backed, last-resort reason when comparing tow players.

Obviously the Bills need an OG, and Eric Steinbach and Kris Dielman are the top tow talked about arond here, namely Steinbach.

But is he a "Marv guy?"

"Eric Steinbach was arrested and charged with boating under the influence on the Ohio River".....
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2542913

I think the "Marv guy" stuff is overused and just nonsensical so dont get me wrong, I WANT STEINBACH, lol, this is just for the "Marv guys" out there.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

Best special teamer in the NFL. Coy is the man, glad to have him with us still.

Comment

• DWhitner I love the mock although I also don't see McClain there.

Steinbach's situation with the drunken boating got way out of hand.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information