• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wide Right
    Darius Walker here we come.
    Ewww. So overrated.

Comment

• overrated and he fights the ball with his hands when trying to catch it...

i don't think i've ever seen a skill position have such bad looking hands as Walker. He's clearly not the guy for us.

Comment

• Kenny Irons

Comment

• I wonder what it would take to get Greg Jones?

I've been a big fan of this kid since college, he's a battering ram and before his injury was having one heck of a season last year... it's an idea I haven't seen mentioned and w/ Jacksonville having 3 rbs it would seem that he may be the odd man out. He's still young...

I like this idea...give him a seminole buddy w/ Booker in the 4th, thats one heck of a thunder/lightning package right there.

The other vet. RB that catches my eye is Marion Barber III, with a rookie O Coordinator Dallas may want to avoid a controversy at RB. Just another thought.

Comment

• I would be interested in Germaine Race. If he is built like they say, he could be punishing. Seeing that the Bills running game was average last year, you are not losing much in total yardage, and he will probably go lower in the draft. There are to many holes to fill in one year, so you need to make due with some positions and really improve on others. They should franchise tag Fletcher, if possible. So you do not need to deal with a LB this year. McCargo should play and he is suppose to be good against the run. Let Ashton play CB. There will be 3 other proven players back there, so it is not as desperate as people think. You need to give JP some other weapons. A trade for Randy Moss may be unthinkable but it would sell tickets and help Lee Evans. A TE that can get open is another thing. They can trade down to the 20-24th spot and still get a player that will contribute and with the Willis trade you can stock pile some picks in the secound round to fix the O line. Without an O line a running game, passing attack, or a good quarterback will not materialize.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I would love to get Greg Jones

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I agree i really like Greg Jones....Everytime i hear his name i picture him runnign over that north carolina DB in college...WOW

Comment

• Greg Jones is a freakin Tank and would be a nice addition but I don't think he's a feature back and his durabilty is a huge concern.

I like to think theres a chance we draft Marshawn because to me, he seems like the exact back they describe we need, he's an explosive home run hitter and he's got speed and elusivness and he's also a great recieving threat who gets good yards after the catch.

Comment

• If Brady Quinn falls to the #12 pick we have to try and abuse that.
                    There are teams looking for a QB that would lvoe him, namely CAR 2 picks back, plus a few others, maybe CHI, idk, but i know thers other besides OAK.

If he's there we gott move down a bit and try and get something for him.

In a different route...
                    Would it hurt to have him as a #2 like Rivers with SD. Not even as a "motivator" for JP (like SD actually did) - im content with him. But an insurace policy for the JP situation, which is....

-With 1 year left we sign him long term and he doesnt work out, but then we have Quinn.
                    -With 1 year left he does well and a team sees a young QB that went through alot and overcame it that brokeout, and gives him money we cant, but we have Quinn.
                    -There is the VERY REALISTIC possibility we sign him to an extension and he does well, but a "backup" plan is enver too bad cause idk bout Nall and Holocomb is not good, tehn we have Quinn and can trade him like SD almsot did with River a year after he never played or two years after he never played (but Brees departed).
                    Just a thought.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• You can't draft for the bench in the first round. No team should be able to do that. If Quinn is still there, just let him go, just like every other team before did. Always take the best player available, but only if he fills a need. I'd understand if JP was not playing that well, like Brees, but hes done good.
                      GO BILLS!

Comment

• Originally posted by KJ4140
                        You can't draft for the bench in the first round. No team should be able to do that. If Quinn is still there, just let him go, just like every other team before did. Always take the best player available, but only if he fills a need. I'd understand if JP was not playing that well, like Brees, but hes done good.
                        ya, true true - just couldnt hurt to bring ti up, wondered what people might have thought.

Thats totally right about a 7-9 team drafting for the bench, that is lofty.

But trading it to some1 who'd want him isnt too bad of an idea i think.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• I see your reasoning for trading down if somehow brady quinn falls to us at twelve but the san diego example is totally wrong. Brees was playing horrible and the intention was for phillip rivers to be drafted and come in and play from day one but that never materialized due to rivers holding out and basically costing him being put in the starting lineup week 1. The decision was then put in a raw first round draft pick who has been studying the playbook for two weeks or a proven veteran who understands it fully. Bress goes to the pro bowl and you know the rest of the story.

Overall the only way a team justifies drafting a backup quarterback in round one is if the team has very few needs and they have an all star soon to be retired gunslinger (example would be brett favre and the packers drafting aaron rodgers a few years back)

As for our runningback situation if we indeed look towards the draft in order to fill the position i would of course love AD, kenny irons, or lorenzo booker in the later rounds who would also require a bigger more physical back to accompany him (burner turner?)...

Comment

• WHAT SHOULD I DO?????
                            What do I go for I wanted Bowe/Ginn/Carriker/Brown but they are gone.
                            Thanks for the help.

Round 1:

001. OAK- JaMarcus Russell-QB-LSU

002. DET- Joe Thomas-OT-Wisconsin

003. CLE- Adrian Peterson-RB-Oklahoma

004. TB- Calvin Johnson from-WR-Georgia Tech

005. ARZ- Jamaal Anderson-DE-Arkansas

006. JAC (f/WAS)- Brady Quinn-QB-Norte Dame

007. MIN- Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC

008. HOU- LaRon Landry-S-LSU

009. CIN (f/MIA)- Alan Branch-DT-Michigan

010. ATL- Gaines Adams-DE-Clemson

011. SF- Reggie Nelson-S-Florida

012. NE (f/BUF)- Leon Hall-CB-Michigan

013. STL- Lawrence Timmons-OLB-Florida State

014. CAR- Patrick Willis-ILB-Mississippi

015. PIT- Amobi Okoye-DT-Louisville

016. GB- Marshawn Lynch-RB-California

017. WAS (f/JAC)- Adam Carriker-DE-Nebraska

018. MIA (f/CIN)- Levi Brown-OT-Penn State

019. TEN- Tedd Ginn JR-WR-Ohio State

020. CAR (f/NYG)- Michael Griffin-S-Texas

021. DEN- Charles Johnson-DE-Georgia

022. DAL- Dwayne Bowe-WR-LSU

023. KC-

024. BUF (f/NE(f/SEA)-

025. NYJ-

026. PHI-

027. NO-

028. BUF (f/NE)-

029. BAL-

030. SD-

031. CHI-

032. SF (f/IND)-

Comment

• Haha don't pick the guy I am targeting with the Jets right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheesus
                                Haha don't pick the guy I am targeting with the Jets right now.
                                If you give me 5 bucks....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information