This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KJ4140
    Anybody catch the Levy press conference today? Sounds like the team is really gonna be shaken up if you ask me. Interesting read.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4622
    Sounds like the same old Bills, a team whose owner refuses to spend money needed to keep this franchise competitive. This is pretty depressive considering how close we came to the playoffs. Looking more and more like another decade of penny pinching with 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards. :evil:
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• KJ4140 wrote:
      Anybody catch the Levy press conference today? Sounds like the team is really gonna be shaken up if you ask me. Interesting read.

yea, after the press conference, a couple things are more clear about the draft:

1) no first day offensive linemen
      2) no TE's
      3) a first day RB
      I skimmed a small part of the article but where does Levy state he is not looking for a TE within the NFL draft?

I would love to bring in a runningback through the draft but if we use a first round pick i believe our only option should be AD. Im just not a huge fan of Lynch at all, i see him as a solid back but not as a potential superstar. Instead of Lynch i would rather grab kenny irons in the second or bush in the third if he continues to slip. Bush is a big bruising back while imo irons would open up the offense and allow fairchild to setup screens and the runningback coming out of the backfield due to iron's great hands.

Comment

• What do you guys think about Tony Taylor and Justin Durant?

Comment

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
          What do you guys think about Tony Taylor and Justin Durant?
          Don't need em. They both would be WILL backers and we are stacked there with depth. The only linebackers I take first four rounds are Patrick Willis or Lawrence Timmons because we aren't getting any use of our depth by picking anyone else. We are stacked at WILL, but have no depth at MIKE or SAM to speak of. If Crowell moves inside, draft Timmons, if he stays outside, draft Willis, pretty simple if it comes down to us having to address linebacker due to all other worthy selections being off the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
            Originally posted by DWhitner20
            Don't need em. They both would be WILL backers and we are stacked there with depth. The only linebackers I take first four rounds are Patrick Willis or Lawrence Timmons because we aren't getting any use of our depth by picking anyone else. We are stacked at WILL, but have no depth at MIKE or SAM to speak of. If Crowell moves inside, draft Timmons, if he stays outside, draft Willis, pretty simple if it comes down to us having to address linebacker due to all other worthy selections being off the board.
            First four rounds?
            And a lot of people trust Ellison's chances at SLB, regardless of his size.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
              Originally posted by Space Ghost
              First four rounds?
              I don't like this years crop of linebackers for our situation. Majority of the top tier inside linebackers are all thumpers who won't last in a cover-2. All the early linebackers are WILL backers aside from Stewart Bradley who is too heavy probably unless he can run with that size and Lawrence Timmons who is the only SAM backer who can player the cover-2 that is worth drafting in the first 4 rounds. The only linebackers I would want in the first 4 rounds aside from Timmons and Willis are Brandon Siler, Anthony Waters and Buster Davis or Stewart Bradley if he can put in a nice 40 at the combine and prove that he has the speed to play in our defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
                Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                Originally posted by Space Ghost
                First four rounds?
                I don't like this years crop of linebackers for our situation. Majority of the top tier inside linebackers are all thumpers who won't last in a cover-2. All the early linebackers are WILL backers aside from Stewart Bradley who is too heavy probably unless he can run with that size and Lawrence Timmons who is the only SAM backer who can player the cover-2 that is worth drafting in the first 4 rounds. The only linebackers I would want in the first 4 rounds aside from Timmons and Willis are Brandon Siler, Anthony Waters and Buster Davis or Stewart Bradley if he can put in a nice 40 at the combine and prove that he has the speed to play in our defense.
                Anthony Waters would be someone I wouldn't mind waiting on.

Comment

• I would take Brandon Siler in the second round
                  GO BILLS!

Comment

• Ahmad Bradshaw in Round 3!

Comment

• Originally posted by DBeebe82
                      KJ4140 wrote:

yea, after the press conference, a couple things are more clear about the draft:

1) no first day offensive linemen
                      2) no TE's
                      3) a first day RB
                      I skimmed a small part of the article but where does Levy state he is not looking for a TE within the NFL draft?

I would love to bring in a runningback through the draft but if we use a first round pick i believe our only option should be AD. Im just not a huge fan of Lynch at all, i see him as a solid back but not as a potential superstar. Instead of Lynch i would rather grab kenny irons in the second or bush in the third if he continues to slip. Bush is a big bruising back while imo irons would open up the offense and allow fairchild to setup screens and the runningback coming out of the backfield due to iron's great hands.
                      He talks about wanting to get the TE's more involved, and that the staff feels Robert Royal has the talent to be a receiving threat, but since the o-line was so bad he had to be kept in to block to much. Maybe they'd go with a second day guy, but I think they feel Royal is their pass catching TE threat, and they won't go after a Olsen or Miller in the second, Marv just didn't sound like he thought it was much of a need, and that Royal was their guy. I can't see them drafting a late round TE either with Marv saying Everett will have to show something this year, meaning he'll still be on the roster, and the staff still loving Cielask. I can't see going into the season with 4 TE's.

that being said, i still wouldn't mind olsen in the second, heh.
                      2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

• It seems as though the first day of the draft won't see any OL or TE's going to the Bills (barring a large fall for a top prospect i.e. Olsen or Grubbs in the 3rd). So I'm thinking the Bills are going to get a LB, CB, and RB on the first day, since Marv said they were likely going to draft a RB. A WR is also a possibility if someone drops to the second- Rice, Bowe, Jarrett, or Meachem.

I think it'll turn out something like this...
                        1. Patrick Willis- MLB- perfect fit for our system and a great leader and athlete.
                        2. Top CB/WR- CB would be best- it's a bigger need, we'd need someone like Houston, Hughes, McCauley, or Ross to fall to us. But it would be very tempting to take one of the WR's I listed before (most likely Meachem or Rice) if they fell and only say McCauley was left.
                        3. RB- Irons, Bush, Bradshaw, Walker, whoever the top RB left is. We might have to go with a CB here though if we take a Rice or Meachem in the second round.

I think ideally we could get Willis, Hughes, and Irons. Of course... everything would change if AD slid a little.
                        GO BILLS!

Comment

• i do not understand why everybody wants us to draft Patrick Willis? He is a very talented linebaker and i like him alot but i think there are much bigger concerns on our team then a Linebaker, especially for a 1st round pick. I personally think that we should resign Fletcher on a small contract like 2 seasons, 3 tops, and then draft someone like a Buster Davis in the 3rd if he falls that far or even like a Jon Abbate from Wake Forest on the 2nd day and eventually groom him to replace London. Abbate could be a very nice sleeper pick and we would not have to use any first day picks on a LB. I personally think we draft Levi Brown to improve our o-line. Whether that means trading down a bit to get him or even taking him at #12 i think it is the right pick for the bills and would improve our biggest need on the team which is obviously o-line. As for CB i think we let it stay the way it is for a season maybe grab a late rounder for some depth and see how McGee and Youboty do together.

Comment

• and if we do end up trading McGahee (which i hope we don't) i'd like to see us draft Marshawn Lynch at #12 and then selecting Grubbs or another good o-lineman in the 2nd round.

Comment

• heavyduty, did you read what Marv said about the offensive line in relation to the draft?

Comment

• We're not drafting a RT at #12 or even on the first day.
                                GO BILLS!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information