This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    I have a question about how you guys used McGahee. Did you run any O-line pulls? Could your o-line have gotten to the second level? Did you ever pass it to him out the backfield? What was the % that you ran him to the outside or inside?

Thanks +rep to whoever answers them.
    Obviously according to him we didn't use him properly. He's not tough enough to run between the tackles and I didn't think his hands were all that great out of the backfield

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      I have a question about how you guys used McGahee. Did you run any O-line pulls? Could your o-line have gotten to the second level? Did you ever pass it to him out the backfield? What was the % that you ran him to the outside or inside?

Thanks +rep to whoever answers them.
      We haven't really run pulls lately. The last guy I remember really pulling for us was Justin Bannan, who I believe is currently on your own Ravens. We'd put him in on the o-line and use him to pull sometimes. Either that or I'm thinking of the wrong guy and someone's gonna say "wtf? That dude's a DT, dumbass", but I'm pretty sure it was him.
      Jason Peters can get to the second level nicely, although I saw it less often after his move to LT. Everyone else not so much, at least not consistently.
      Passing out of the backfield we didn't do as much as I expected. Losman would overthrow McGahee a lot and his hands were never really tested to give a fair grade on, but I'd say they were less than great.
      A % on where we ran him is tough because he pretty much took everything to the outside anyway. I don't have a better answer for this one.

Comment

• Bills | Team interested in Darius
        Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:47:39 -0700
        Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in unrestricted free-agent SS Donovin Darius (Jaguars).

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Bills | Team interested in Darius
          Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in unrestricted free-agent SS Donovin Darius (Jaguars).

Any thoughts on this?
          Maybe just for some veteran leadership, because I dont see him anywhere near Simpson or Witner right now. He seems like a lot of setbacks have held him back and he aint the same. I might do it depending if he wants less money, but I wouldnt pay big stuff.

Comment

Bills | Team interested in Darius

Any thoughts on this?
            Safety is the one position on this team we actually have solid depth at. It'd be a wasted move and really hurt the development of our young talent.

Comment

• we never brought in Justin Bannan to pull on the offensive line.....
              Darius is old and washed up

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                we never brought in Justin Bannan to pull on the offensive line.....
                Darius is old and washed up
                we did bring in bannan, he (and occasionally Sam Adams) were used in goal line situations
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  we did bring in bannan, he (and occasionally Sam Adams) were used in goal line situations
                  well who can move adams...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

• Do you think Jason Webster will beat Ashton Youboty for the #2 CB spot? I think he should. We need Webster's veteran leadership back there in the starting lineup

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                      Do you think Jason Webster will beat Ashton Youboty for the #2 CB spot? I think he should. We need Webster's veteran leadership back there in the starting lineup
                      Chris Brown says Webster appears the early favorite. Might not be all bad. Again, I've barely seen Youboty play.

Comment

Chris Brown says Webster appears the early favorite. Might not be all bad. Again, I've barely seen Youboty play.
                        Rumor has it that we were the only AFC East team at Paul Oliver's workout.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• im sure NE was at his workout...

i think we should try to aquire him
                          and yes i remember sam adams playing in goaline, but he played as the TE, not an offensive linemen

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                            Rumor has it that we were the only AFC East team at Paul Oliver's workout.
                            that cant be a bad thing

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

• The more I think about it the more I say that we NEED Paul Oliver. I am just not confident in our CB's at all. I mean our top 2 CB's are 5'9" and Youboty, who is completely unproven, is only 6'0". McGee got benched temporarily last year and the universal response on Webster makes me think of Chris Watson part 2. These are our two starting CB's!? If you put a gun to my head, I'd say our best CB right now is Kiwaukee Thomas. I would be alot more confident in him if he had semi-decent ball skills and could come down with one once in a while though.

Comment

• mcgee was not benched last year...and to say youboty is only 6'0
                                oliver is only 6'0-6'1

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information