X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
    mcgee was not benched last year...and to say youboty is only 6'0
    oliver is only 6'0-6'1
    Yes, he was during a game, in favor for Kiwaukee Thomas on account of poor play. I know Oliver is only 6'0 at best but he has good measurables overall and is obviously a good CB.

Comment

• youboty has the measurables also needed...
      Paul Oliver is not a need, many bills fans just WANT him b/c they are not comfortable with our CB's

im not comfortable with them either, but im not gonna say Oliver is a need, but i do hope we end up getting him

and yur right......K Thomas has 0 catching ability

Comment

• Oliver is an instance where you can get a great football player at less than face value. Throwing a 3rd or 4th round pick can only help us, especially since we have extra 3rd, 6th, and 7th round picks next year. Marv and company must also realize this.

The Giants, Chiefs, and Titans are also likely looking at Georgia CB Paul Oliver, reports ESPN's John Clayton. Buffalo is also interested in the supplemental pick to be.
        Source: ESPN Insider

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          The more I think about it the more I say that we NEED Paul Oliver. I am just not confident in our CB's at all. I mean our top 2 CB's are 5'9" and Youboty, who is completely unproven, is only 6'0". McGee got benched temporarily last year and the universal response on Webster makes me think of Chris Watson part 2. These are our two starting CB's!? If you put a gun to my head, I'd say our best CB right now is Kiwaukee Thomas. I would be alot more confident in him if he had semi-decent ball skills and could come down with one once in a while though.
          I understand the panic, but Kiwaukee is still not better than McGee. I wouldn't mind Kiwaukee being the #2 out of this group, but I'm confident that McGee is our best CB. Not saying I'm confident that he'll do good, but he's the best we got.

Comment

• Kiwake fits the cover 2. hes a strong physical corner

we just have to remember how well McGee did in 2006 and hope he reinacts that play next year

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
              I understand the panic, but Kiwaukee is still not better than McGee. I wouldn't mind Kiwaukee being the #2 out of this group, but I'm confident that McGee is our best CB. Not saying I'm confident that he'll do good, but he's the best we got.
              I know you love McGee (username), but I can't say that I'm his biggest fan. I love him as a kick reurner, but I definitely don't think he can be a #1 and I'm still not in love with him as a #2.

Comment

I know you love McGee (username), but I can't say that I'm his biggest fan. I love him as a kick reurner, but I definitely don't think he can be a #1 and I'm still not in love with him as a #2.
                I obviously have doubts of him as a #1, but nowhere near what I'd be thinking if Thomas was the #1. McGee's a fine #2, the second half of last year he was amazing in that role (the whole pass defense was clicking at this time), but he has been very up-and-down, somewhat like Nate was. I agree McGee is not a #1, but I still say he's the best we have. And don't worry about username bias, I made my account shortly after he had one amazing game (the Cincy game from the '05 season. I know you remmeber it.). More of a spur the moment thing than a longtime love, which only exists with him as a returner.

Comment

I obviously have doubts of him as a #1, but nowhere near what I'd be thinking if Thomas was the #1. McGee's a fine #2, the second half of last year he was amazing in that role (the whole pass defense was clicking at this time), but he has been very up-and-down, somewhat like Nate was. I agree McGee is not a #1, but I still say he's the best we have. And don't worry about username bias, I made my account shortly after he had one amazing game (the Cincy game from the '05 season. I know you remmeber it.). More of a spur the moment thing than a longtime love, which only exists with him as a returner.
                  Oh yeah the Cincy game on Christmas Eve. He had a kick or punt return for a TD as well as an INT return for a TD, IIRC. As far as his CB skills go though, I am not sure if he is a good fit for the Cover 2. I don't think Marv and company would have drafted him if he was in the draft last year. I for one totally agree with Belicheck's assessment that "You can NEVER have enough CB's."

Comment

Oh yeah the Cincy game on Christmas Eve. He had a kick or punt return for a TD as well as an INT return for a TD, IIRC. As far as his CB skills go though, I am not sure if he is a good fit for the Cover 2. I don't think Marv and company would have drafted him if he was in the draft last year. I for one totally agree with Belicheck's assessment that "You can NEVER have enough CB's."
                    Yeah, the scheme is not his best fit. I say he's surely the best CB of the group in general, but when it comes to our defense I understand the doubt. I still put him as our #1, though, and trust that he can perform the best for us.

Comment

Yeah, the scheme is not his best fit. I say he's surely the best CB of the group in general, but when it comes to our defense I understand the doubt. I still put him as our #1, though, and trust that he can perform the best for us.
                      I definitely agree with that. And I hope McGee plays with a chip on his shoulder this year, step up and shut down Moss, Chambers and Coles. The success of our CB's are going to be CRUCIAL to our team's success. IMO, they are the most questionable and pivotal position.

Comment

• McGee packed on some muscle weight last season to bulk up, maybe he wasnt so used to playing at a bigger weight...

Comment

I definitely agree with that. And I hope McGee plays with a chip on his shoulder this year, step up and shut down Moss, Chambers and Coles. The success of our CB's are going to be CRUCIAL to our team's success. IMO, they are the most questionable and pivotal position.
                          For sure, but with DT always not far behind

Comment

• I honestly have faith in Ashton Youboty. First off all, the man has decent size and good speed. In the cover 2 I think he should be allright seeing as the CB isnt relied on as much as say in other coverages. I also think that he could step in and do a better job that both Webster and Thomas, NO DOUBT! Maybe not as a #1 CB yet, but he will be. Lastly, I beginning to not doubt OSU DB's at all. Just look around.

Comment

For sure, but with DT always not far behind
                              I might be the only one who feels our DTs aren't too bad. Larry Tripplett is a solid starter and Kyle Williams and John McCargo should do much better with a season under their belts

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                I might be the only one who feels our DTs aren't too bad. Larry Tripplett is a solid starter and Kyle Williams and John McCargo should do much better with a season under their belts
                                I am definitely wary of the DT's, especially since Walker's talent and experience will be lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information