Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading next years first rounder...

What's everyone's thoughts on that?

Great move for you guys. 2010 is gonna be loaded with Defensive talent. Maybe you'll trade Peppers and wind up with Three first rounders!

I have a feeling that Denver's Round 1 pick is gonna be a high one. Should be able to get a very nice player or two.

Comment

LOL. Carolina traded away their 1st round pick. They have zero first round picks for the second successive draft.

Comment

It was a dumbass move. The DEs we couldn't have gotten next year are better than the 6'1 Everette Brown.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

My problem is that I don't feel like we got equal value for the first rounder. A 2nd & a 4th for a first rounder? I don't know, it makes me feel as though either I overvalue a first rounder or that Hurney & Fox undervalue a first rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
            Great move for you guys. 2010 is gonna be loaded with Defensive talent. Maybe you'll trade Peppers and wind up with Three first rounders!

I have a feeling that Denver's Round 1 pick is gonna be a high one. Should be able to get a very nice player or two.
            Haha.. dammit. Don't know what I was thinking there.

Well, maybe you'll trade off Peppers and pick up a Round 1.

Comment

As both a 49er and Saints fan, I think it was brilliant. :D

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I think it was a great move. Everette Brown is a first round talent who fell to the second round. Even tho he's only 6'1" and 1/2, he has really long arms, being short means he'll have better leverage.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

Comment

My question isn't as much about the player we took with the pick as much as it it the value we got for the 1st rounder. A 2nd and 4th seems low.

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post
                    My question isn't as much about the player we took with the pick as much as it it the value we got for the 1st rounder. A 2nd and 4th seems low.
                    When you're the one pressing for the deal, in this case the panthers, you have to give up more so you can convince them to make the deal with you. The first round pick of next year losses value anyway just because it is next year's first rounder and not this years. You're lucky to get what you did. The value is not supposed to be fair, in this case it's much better than what it may seem at first.
                    Last edited by Bosanac01; 04-28-2009, 03:41 PM.

we all hate you

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, we asked for a 6th as well and your GM said no.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I think it was absolutely foolish to trade next years first round pick. You could have had that pick by trading a few picks this year and at the most next years second rounder. Furthermore Everette Brown is still not a guy who I have faith in holding up as a 43 DE. The one positive is that you don't have to pay him big bucks. Also I don't get the first round talent argument. Even with that true, it doesn't excuse you for being raped on the value of the pick. A future first for a mid 30's pick fine, but a future first for a mid 2nd in a weak draft class I'm not so sure. Again this has nothing to do with if Everrette develops into a good player, just value wise you guys kind of got screwed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                          When you're the one pressing for the deal, in this case the panthers, you have to give up more so you can convince them to make the deal with you. The first round pick of next year losses value anyway just because it is next year's first rounder and not this years. You're lucky to get what you did. The value is not supposed to be fair, in this case it's much better than what it may seem at first.
                          On this point we'll have to disagree. Good insight though, it's the best argument on the other side I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post
                            On this point we'll have to disagree. Good insight though, it's the best argument on the other side I've heard.
                            Im just trying to show you how this doesn't look as bad as most of you make it seem as. Say Everette Brown stayed in school for one more year, which he could of. You guys then don't make this deal, and next year will be looking for a DE early. Everette Brown could potentially improve his stock by a lot this time around. Say he's bigger/stronger, more moves this time. He ends up being a top 15 pick and out of reach of the panthers. This way you were able to get him with that 1st round pick, and also got yourself a 4th in there as well.

Not even an argument, but just something to throw out there about value and how where players are drafted is way overrated to how they may actually perform in their respective nfl careers.

we all hate you

Comment

I'm not even talking about the player that was selected, to me that's a totally separate transaction. I'm talking about the value of the picks that they got back for the future 1st rounder.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information