Clear All

• Jenkins on trading block

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/507/story/77146.html

Wonder which team will bit first???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      Wonder which team will bit first???
      i wish it was with the Pack so he can play with his bro but we have Pickett and Williams/Cole starting so there no room.

Comment

Rumors are tying it to the Rams being interested, where Tony Softli (who was head of college scouting for us when we drafted Jenkins is now the Rams VP of Player Personnel) is.

Comment

I'd like to see the Giants put in a call. Few questions-

What is his contract status? Money? Years left?

What would you expect in return for him?

How much do you feel he has left in the tank? He would be used as a rotation player here in NY, do you feel he could thrive in that role?
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

His base salaries for the remaining years left on his contract:

2007 3200000.00
            2008 2955000.00
            2009 3710000.00

I'm not sure what we'd expect in return honestly. I'd imagine it'd be draft picks (possibly a 2nd rounder and a mid to late day two pick). Anything more than that and I'd consider us having robbed the bank, but I'm apparently among the minority with my view on his value.

Not sure how much he has left in the tank. You're talking about a guy that played 5 games over two years in 04 and 05, has had issues keeping his weight down, and battled a drinking problem in 04.

His Pro Bowl selection this past season surprised most Panther fans because he really didn't do anything that spectacular. He showed flashes of why he was viewed as the best DT in the league a few years ago, but nothing to really deserve garnering that honor.

Honestly, playing in a rotation might be the best use of him.
            Last edited by JPF; 04-07-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post
              His base salaries for the remaining years left on his contract:

2007 3200000.00
              2008 2955000.00
              2009 3710000.00

I'm not sure what we'd expect in return honestly. I'd imagine it'd be draft picks (possibly a 2nd rounder and a mid to late day two pick). Anything more than that and I'd consider us having robbed the bank, but I'm apparently among the minority with my view on his value.

Not sure how much he has left in the tank. You're talking about a guy that played 5 games over two years in 04 and 05, has had issues keeping his weight down, and battled a drinking problem in 04.

His Pro Bowl selection this past season surprised most Panther fans because he really didn't do anything that spectacular. He showed flashes of why he was viewed as the best DT in the league a few years ago, but nothing to really deserve garnering that honor.

Honestly, playing in a rotation might be the best use of him.
              Hm. I wouldn't give a 2nd rounder for him and I likely would stay away from a 3rd as well. While I love his size/quickness ratio, there are too many red flags. I'd give a 4th rounder and conditional 2008 draft pick but nothing more.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Honestly, I'd probably be happy if we could get a 4th rounder and a conditional pick in 08 that could escalate to as high as a 3rd rounder but more likely as high as a 4th rounder.

Most Panther fans are wanting multiple first day picks for him, but in doing so they are thinking he still has the value he had in 03 when he was viewed as the best DT in the league.

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if the Rams traded for him, or made an offer of a 3rd Round pick this year and conditional next year or mabye a 3rd this year and Dominique Byrd.

I am hoping that the Rams acquire him.

He's the player the Rams absolutely need.!
                  | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Mentioning Byrd won't get your call returned. Not with his off-field issue still pending trial and our stance on those.
                    Last edited by JPF; 04-07-2007, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Any players on the Giants that the Panthers may be interested in?

Not sure it is even a possibility because most of our attractive names will have to stay. The Strahan rumors could have some legs to it but I have personally stated that he should go nowhere and I don't think Reese would ever do something like that.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Any player would probably have to be someone that could fill an immediate hole for us at LB, S, or TE and I don't think there's anyone on your roster that you'd be willing to part with that would fill one of those roles for us.

Though, you'd have more knowledge as to who the G-Men would be willing to part with.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                          Hm. I wouldn't give a 2nd rounder for him and I likely would stay away from a 3rd as well. While I love his size/quickness ratio, there are too many red flags. I'd give a 4th rounder and conditional 2008 draft pick but nothing more.
                          This is EXACTLY how I feel should the Rams want to trade him. A fourth round pick in 2007 and a conditional fourth rounder in 2008. The absolute most I would give is maybe a third and a player, but if you're getting a Day One pick for him, that's the only pick it's going to be.

As for the player, Dominique Byrd is a name floated around simply because he's expendable and the Panthers need tight end help. His off the field issues are concerning, but worst case scenario is you dump a guy you didn't spend anything to get. Even though the Rams just signed McMichael, I wouldn't think they'd be interested in moving 2006 second round pick Joe Klopfenstein.

Comment

Doesn't matter really. His off-field issues not having gone to court yet would probably exclude him from being on a list of players we'd entertain being included in the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                              I wouldn't be suprised if the Rams traded for him, or made an offer of a 3rd Round pick this year and conditional next year or mabye a 3rd this year and Dominique Byrd.

I am hoping that the Rams acquire him.

He's the player the Rams absolutely need.!
                              What is your infatuation with trading Dominique Byrd? He's a nothing player.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information