No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just did a mock draft and i had you guys trade down with the giants and pick up a 3rd rounder and a 4th next year. I had you pick Poz at 20 to play middle linebacker and in the second round i had you guys take troy smith.... any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by jbombul
      i just did a mock draft and i had you guys trade down with the giants and pick up a 3rd rounder and a 4th next year. I had you pick Poz at 20 to play middle linebacker and in the second round i had you guys take troy smith.... any thoughts?
      Third and fourth rounders next year don't help us. Poz is over rated, we need a playmaker at S more than anything. Draft is fine if we have to go to him. We can draft a guy in the second or third. David Harris is a great run stuffer.

Comment

• The only linebacker I would want in the first round would be Patrick Willis. He seems to fit the same type of mold as a Dan Morgan. He is all over the field and involved in every tackle.

Comment

• So, a WR I really like in the later rounds is Andre Caldwell. I think if we could get a new system in here he would be perfect in an offense that spreads it out and lets the WRs run.

We have the perfect backs for a spread offense.

If we do get a new coordinator, which is unlikely, we will need another young WR to come in and help cause Keyshawn will be gone too.

Colbert would do well in that offense too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG Country
            Originally posted by pantherzfan28
            i think carolina needs to find a good qb some time because this basanez guy im not sure if he is good enough we dont need another delhomme we need a solid good quarterback as for those that say chris leak and or troy smith is to short look at the sucesses drew brees is having he is the same height as leak
            Drew Brees is 6'. Chris Leak is 5'10-5'11 at the most, same with Troy Smith. Brees also has a stronger arm than Leak and is more mobile.
            espn.com says they all are 6' if leak isnt good enough what about troy smith we cant wait much longer to get a solid qb who knows how long delhomme will be there

Comment

• i also wouldnt mind brian brohm

Comment

• Originally posted by pantherzfan28
                Originally posted by BIG Country
                Originally posted by pantherzfan28
                i think carolina needs to find a good qb some time because this basanez guy im not sure if he is good enough we dont need another delhomme we need a solid good quarterback as for those that say chris leak and or troy smith is to short look at the sucesses drew brees is having he is the same height as leak
                Drew Brees is 6'. Chris Leak is 5'10-5'11 at the most, same with Troy Smith. Brees also has a stronger arm than Leak and is more mobile.
                espn.com says they all are 6' if leak isnt good enough what about troy smith we cant wait much longer to get a solid qb who knows how long delhomme will be there
                College's tend to lie about those things. You can bet that those are one or two inches off. Smith played in a pro style offense, and has a much better arm, so he has a better chance to do anything

Comment

• Of Chris Leak and Troy Smith, I believe Smith has the better chance to become a player at the NFL level. While I was disappointed in his performance in the Championship Game, Smith would be one of the last people to blame for the loss. Is he the player for the Panthers? I don't know. The more I read and hear about Trent Edwards out of Stanford, the more I think he would be a great option in the third or fourth round. Personally, I wouldn't use our first-day draft picks on a quarterback who will ride the bench for most of next season. As deep as this draft is at linebacker, we could draft a safety in the first round and a linebacker in the second round and both could start as early as the first game of the season.

Comment

• Just heard on the radio that we signed WR Chris Horn to a two-year contract. I wonder if this is our answer to our trouble on special teams?

Comment

• I don't know that I'd read too much into it.

Chris Horn has a total of 7 kick returns for 75 yards, and 17 special teams tackles in his career.

Comment

• so what would be better for the panthers, a S or MLB in the 1st? Which players should be put on the trade block, and which players should the panthers trade for?

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

• Safety would probably be the #1 priority. We mainly need insurance at middle linebacker, whereas at safety Shaun Williams probably won't be back next season and we'll need a starter. Middle linebacker and quarterback could be addressed in the second or third round.

As far as players on the trade block, atleast for the fantasy mock draft:

DeShaun Foster
                          Keary Colbert
                          Mike Rucker
                          Chris Gamble (It IS fantasy. :))
                          Shaun Williams (If you can get a ham sandwich for him, consider it a steal.)

Not really sure who you should look to acquire. If someone offers a talented defensive end, that would be considered due to the age of both Al Wallace and Mike Rucker. Perhaps a talented #4 wide receiver, either someone who could be a red-zone target or someone who has great speed. An all-around tight end, we don't need a playmaker just someone who can make the catches when needed, Daniel Graham of the Patriots is a perfect example of the type of tight end that would work in Carolina. Depth at cornerback should also be addressed, our talent is only two and a half-deep and we need atleast two more talented players for insurance in case injuries strike again.

I also would look at the possibility of a trade down if one of the top safeties or linebackers aren't available at our pick.

Comment

• We can't trade Foster, cap hit would be too big.

If we get a new coordinator I think that Colbert should stay. He has the skill set and I think we would regret losing him just because Jake can't work past his 2nd option.

Comment

• Colberts problem is he can't get off a jam to save his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF
                                Colberts problem is he can't get off a jam to save his life.
                                Nah, put him with the Patriots and he would be in the top 3 receptions.

He should be running short intermediate crosses, drags and slants. Not post patterns and curls. He doesn't have the speed to threaten deep thus making it pointless to make him run that.

He is good after the catch, so get it to him early.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information