No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the way we signed Foster was so it would be easy to get rid of him after the first year. Not sure if trading him has the same effect, but I could have sworn if he we cut him this year the hit is minimal

Comment

• We'd save about a million bucks by cutting him I believe.

Comment

• Looks like you guys are getting what you want, Henning is out along with Maser (OL) and Rod Perry (DBs)

I dont mind the move so much as long as we get a good OC to replace him (ie, not Jim Fassell). And I know you dont keep a coach just because of one player, but you have to factor in the possibility of losing Keyshawn into this.

Comment

• with henning now gone if keyshawn goes what about ted ginn in the first round? safety and MLB are a bit more pressing issues but we desperately need a good WR opposite steve smith made obvious from last year and I dont think carter or colbert are the answer. ginn would also give us a kick returner, another need of ours.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstAndGoal
            with henning now gone if keyshawn goes what about ted ginn in the first round? safety and MLB are a bit more pressing issues but we desperately need a good WR opposite steve smith made obvious from last year and I dont think carter or colbert are the answer. ginn would also give us a kick returner, another need of ours.
            Well, I think we should wait and see if Keyshawn does really leave.

Ginn isn't polished enough for us, I would rather take a Dwayne Bowe.

I want to wait and see who we replace Henning with. Hopefully we don't replace him with another Fassell.

Then we can look at previous offenses of theirs and see who we might want to target.

Anthony Gonzalez would be a good guy to look at, Dallas Baker too. Maybe we get a guy who can use TEs. I hope that Fox lets the guy have room to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn
              Originally posted by FirstAndGoal
              with henning now gone if keyshawn goes what about ted ginn in the first round? safety and MLB are a bit more pressing issues but we desperately need a good WR opposite steve smith made obvious from last year and I dont think carter or colbert are the answer. ginn would also give us a kick returner, another need of ours.
              Well, I think we should wait and see if Keyshawn does really leave.

Ginn isn't polished enough for us, I would rather take a Dwayne Bowe.

I want to wait and see who we replace Henning with. Hopefully we don't replace him with another Fassell.

Then we can look at previous offenses of theirs and see who we might want to target.

Anthony Gonzalez would be a good guy to look at, Dallas Baker too. Maybe we get a guy who can use TEs. I hope that Fox lets the guy have room to work.
              I definately agree that we should wait and see about Keyshawn. This team has way too many other needs to be drafting a WR in the first round if they still have Smith and Key. But if he does leave I also like Bowe. Ginn is a lot like Smith and I think Bowe might complement Smith better. But Ginn can return kicks and is extrememly explosive, so either one would be good.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• I only question the move to fire Mike Maser. We have too much talent on offense and in the secondary to be as poor as we were in both departments. However, I thought Maser did a solid job with the offensive line through all the injuries he had to deal with.

Hopefully, we'll start to hear about possible replacements soon. I just hope they take their time and hire someone that is the best possible fit and not just the first person that will agree to sign on.

Comment

• With a new offensive coordinator, Greg Olsen wouldn't look too bad in the second round. A Jeremy Shockey minus the attitude could do wonders for our offense.

Comment

• anybody think carolina will draft colt brennan now that he declared for the draft

Comment

• I think Carolina is going to either draft a QB in Round 2 or wait until the deep QB draft of next year to go with their future signal caller.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule
                        I think Carolina is going to either draft a QB in Round 2 or wait until the deep QB draft of next year to go with their future signal caller.
                        Yeah, we will see what happens in FA and who we get for OC. That will be huge for forcasting this draft.

Comment

• only reason i think they should pick a qb is because we might not have a low pick again

Comment

• Originally posted by pantherzfan28
                            only reason i think they should pick a qb is because we might not have a low pick again
                            If history repeats itself, we'll have this same draft pick in two years.

'04 - Super Bowl berth / #31 pick in the draft
                            '05 - 7-9 season / #14 pick in the draft
                            '06 - NFC Championship Game berth / #27 pick in the draft
                            '07 - 8-8 season / #14 pick in the draft

Comment

• Doesn't matter if we hire a TE coach to be our OC. He won't be able to use them if Fox doesn't want them used.

I'm hopeful it changes, but I'm not going to bank on it.

Comment

• We interviewed Bengals QB coach Ken Zampese

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/11528.html

I would like to get him. That way we would get a guy who knows what great QB play is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information