• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really like his experience

Assistant Coach of the Philadelphia Eagles in '98
    Assistant Coach of the Green Bay Packers in '99
    Assistant Coach of the St. Louis Rams in '00-'02
    Assistant Coach of the Cincinnati Bengals in '03-'06

That is ALOT of experience with very talented quarterbacks and very productive offenses.

In 2003, Zampese worked with Kitna, who posted career highs in completions (324), passing yards (3591), TD passes (26), completion percentage (62.3) and passer rating (87.4). Though Kitna’s statistics in 2002 were also solid, his ’03 performance still won him NFL Comeback Player of the Year honors from the Associated Press and Pro Football Weekly.

Zampese (pronounced "zam-PEE-zee") came to the Bengals following three seasons (2000-02) in St. Louis, in which he had an expanding role with the NFL’s most prolific passing offense.

Zampese joined the Rams in 2000 as an offensive assistant. He was promoted to wide receivers coach in 2001, and the Rams led the league in passing yards for a second straight year, averaging 291.4. In 2002, he added the title of passing game coach, and the Rams finished second in the league at 259.6 yards per game.
    I would love for the team to hire this guy.

Comment

• Rumors I've heard so far for OC...

Mike McCoy- apparently a few teams are interested in him other than us, supposedly they've asked permission to talk to him and we've said no

Jim Skipper- I hope not, he's pushing 60 and we need youth

Mike Pope, Giants TE Coach- not sure what the status is but "supposedly" we've asked permission

Ken Zampese, Bengals QB Coach- he was in town for an interview supposedly

John Davidson, Browns O-line/OC/Asst HC- one fan site has a picture of him next to a payfor story about our job openings...sorry, but I don't subscibe to their service and I won't. The place is unreputable as hell. The guy swore he knew for a fact we'd be releasing Mike Rucker to resign Moose....3 hours later Moose was cut.

Comment

• John Davidson is another decent option. He was the offensive line / tight end coach for New England throughout their three Super Bowl seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
          John Davidson is another decent option. He was the offensive line / tight end coach for New England throughout their three Super Bowl seasons.
          Wouldn't mind that either.

Comment

• I kind of figured the first place we would look outside of the guys already on the staff would be coaches with ties to New England. John Fox seems to have a strong friendship with Charlie Weis, so Weis likely suggested Davidson as a possible candidate.

Comment

• I just dropped in to let you guys know that panthers are doing well in forum mock right now 8)

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

• Bengals | Sheppard could become quarterbacks coach
                Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:02:17 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports if Cincinnati Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese is hired as the Carolina Panthers new offensive coordinator, recently-hired wide receivers coach Mike Sheppard could become the team's new quarterbacks coach. If Sheppard moves on, former Cleveland Browns head coach Terry Robiskie is one option to coach the wide receivers.
                Sounds like a deal may be close. I doubt they would name a coach's replacement if they don't seriously believe he is gone.

Comment

• can anybody make me a signature plz ?

Comment

• Originally posted by pantherzfan28
                    can anybody make me a signature plz ?
                    You can go to the Sig request thread but they usually want you to get your post count up first.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2736536

Tim Lewis hired as Secondary coach.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Don't know what to say about the Tim Lewis move, don't know much about the guy. He'll have some talent to work with though, Ken Lucas and Richard Marshall are solid and perhaps he can work some type of magic with Chris Gamble to return him to his Pro Bowl-caliber form. The most important move is to find some talented cornerback depth, either through free agency or the draft.

Comment

• Safety is a more pressing need since it's starters we need at those positions.

Comment

• Scott Wright reported that our scout at the Senior Bowl talked with Brady Quinn for about fifteen minutes.

My guess is if Brady Quinn experiences a Matt Leinart-like fall if the Detroit Lions don't take him, the Panthers may trade up one or two spots to draft him. I doubt they attempt to trade all the way up to #1 or #2 before the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                              Scott Wright reported that our scout at the Senior Bowl talked with Brady Quinn for about fifteen minutes.

My guess is if Brady Quinn experiences a Matt Leinart-like fall if the Detroit Lions don't take him, the Panthers may trade up one or two spots to draft him. I doubt they attempt to trade all the way up to #1 or #2 before the draft.
                              Very interesting. Perhaps the Weis influence is enough to push Fox and take Quinn?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn
                                Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                                Scott Wright reported that our scout at the Senior Bowl talked with Brady Quinn for about fifteen minutes.

Very interesting. Perhaps the Weis influence is enough to push Fox and take Quinn?
                                I wouldn't be surprised. From what I hear, the two communicate nearly every week and Weis probably brought up Brady Quinn's NFL potential. Fox probably dismissed it until Jake Delhomme was injured and Chris Weinke showed his worth. After that, I think Fox and the front office became much more receptive to Weis' pitches. I still don't believe we'll make some blockbuster deal to move to #1, but if he is around at #8 perhaps we could work a deal with Houston to move ahead of Miami who would be the only real threat to draft Quinn before #14. Who knows, Quinn may fall to #14 naturally which would really work in our favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information