Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scott says the Panthers also talked to Joe Staley and Michael Griffin. Two prospects I really like at two positions of need. In my opinion, Griffin would be a perfect fit for our team.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
      Scott says the Panthers also talked to Joe Staley and Michael Griffin. Two prospects I really like at two positions of need. In my opinion, Griffin would be a perfect fit for our team.
      Griffin could be available in the second, that would be such an amazing pick.

      Comment


      • Gattis is an interesting guy. He could also be a steal, if he is as good as an athlete as thought.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ShutDwn
          Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
          Scott says the Panthers also talked to Joe Staley and Michael Griffin. Two prospects I really like at two positions of need. In my opinion, Griffin would be a perfect fit for our team.
          Griffin could be available in the second, that would be such an amazing pick.
          If we were able to draft Griffin in the second round, it would probably be a bigger steal than Richard Marshall was last year.

          Comment


          • Looks like Davidson is the new OC.

            Comment


            • I like this move. Hopefully, he can repeat what he was able to do with the offensive line and tight ends in New England. Perhaps Daniel Graham becomes an option in free agency now? And Brady Quinn becomes a bigger option in the draft with Davidson's connections to Charlie Weis.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                I like this move. Hopefully, he can repeat what he was able to do with the offensive line and tight ends in New England. Perhaps Daniel Graham becomes an option in free agency now? And Brady Quinn becomes a bigger option in the draft with Davidson's connections to Charlie Weis.
                Yep. I really want to know what type of style he will bring.

                Comment


                • Jeff Davidson? Whazzupwitdat?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                    I like this move. Hopefully, he can repeat what he was able to do with the offensive line and tight ends in New England. Perhaps Daniel Graham becomes an option in free agency now? And Brady Quinn becomes a bigger option in the draft with Davidson's connections to Charlie Weis.
                    I had wondered about that myself.

                    Also heard that with Magazu moving over to coach the o-line that leaves an opening at TE coach, which it appears Davidson may try to push for Ben Coates to get.

                    Comment


                    • ok im sure u guys are tired of hearing my qb idea but troy smith came at 6'0 and anyone think carolina will take stanton

                      Comment


                      • I don't like Stanton. No consistancy, spread offense, makes mistakes that Delhomme does.

                        Comment


                        • Scouts talked to Tyler Palko today, which means we have been connected to a quarterback on all three days of Senior Bowl practice: Brady Quinn on Monday, Drew Stanton on Tuesday, and Palko today. Definitely is a sign that will we look to address quarterback as early as possible in the draft.

                          Quinn is the safest option, but also the least likely.

                          Stanton would likely be a second-round option, but I agree with ShutDwn that he has the mental toughness of a twelve-year-old. People point to the comeback against Northwestern, but you can't ignore his absolute collapse against Notre Dame. Always seemed lost under pressure, which isn't the kind of mentality I want in our quarterback of the future.

                          Comment


                          • http://www.gastongazette.com/sections/sports/panthers/

                            Interview with Davidson. I love his answers, and also that he doesn't seem like he will accept so-so execution.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ShutDwn
                              http://www.gastongazette.com/sections/sports/panthers/

                              Interview with Davidson. I love his answers, and also that he doesn't seem like he will accept so-so execution.
                              Great interview. I can't wait to see what this guy does with our offense. Sounds like the possible loss of Keyshawn Johnson may not be as much of a deal as I thought it would. Davidson seems to want to make the tight end the second option in our offense.

                              Comment


                              • Weiss is John Fox's friend. Quinn is Weiss golden boy. Davidson was weiss's disciple, Quinn would be with someone remotely familiar in coaching style.

                                Just musing but...

                                Quinn
                                Merriweather
                                Beason

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information