No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys trip me out, talking about Morgan staying healthy. He's played in only 58% of the games since he's been here. So he's healthy slightly more than half the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF
      You guys trip me out, talking about Morgan staying healthy. He's played in only 58% of the games since he's been here. So he's healthy slightly more than half the time.
      That number is dragged down a bit by two really bad seasons, this past season and '02. His other four years here he played 73% of the games. Just one season ago he played in a career high 13 games, so who are we to say he can't do it again?

Comment

• A Career 13 games says it all. The fact that he missed all of two seasons and parts of others doesn't change the fact that he's missed just over half the games in his career. This guy has never played a complete season. I wish I could work half the year and get paid my full salary. Sure must be nice.
        Safety should be the #1 priority for Carolina. There are only 3 safeties on the roster, Minter, Deke Cooper and Salley!! TE has now become an option with new OC Jeff Davidson (Charlie Weis disciple). MLB not OLB is an area that needs to be addressed. DE depth is a need. No need anywhere for a DT. Injured LT and C coming back and the OL is switching to the ZBS (no cut-blocking though).
        KR/PR MUST be addressed somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG Country
          Carolina is trying to make one final run before it's core players get past their window. It's almost closed. Drafting a QB early would set this team back instead of helping them. Now Jake has to play scared (similiar to Jake Plummer) where if he makes a mistake then the rookie is coming in. Jake went to the Pro Bowl last season. He still has it. The OL lost it's LT and C week 1. Our starting RT was CUT by ARIZONA. Give him a healthy OL who can protect him and you see a completely different player.
          Yeah, um...

Jake making probowl in the weakest NFC in years and arguably could have been replaced by Brunell.

Our RT, Bridges, played very well, and was not a weak point on this team.

The window is still wide open, and they can keep it open even longer by getting a good young QB. The core players, Lucas, Peppers, DeAngelo, Steve, Davis, they are all here and young.

Comment

• Yeah, Jeremy Bridges certainly proved that HE wasn't the problem in Arizona.

I just wonder where everyone will fit on our offensive line. Jordan Gross won't be benched, but do you really want to sit Bridges after his performance down the stretch and the recent contract extension?

Add to that a new offensive line coach and an offensive coordinator whose specialty is the offensive line and we'll likely see a few shifts across the line as the offseason progresses.

Comment

• Isn't Na'il Diggs a FA?
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Yeah and the early talk is he won't be brought back.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                  Originally posted by JPF
                  You guys trip me out, talking about Morgan staying healthy. He's played in only 58% of the games since he's been here. So he's healthy slightly more than half the time.
                  That number is dragged down a bit by two really bad seasons, this past season and '02. His other four years here he played 73% of the games. Just one season ago he played in a career high 13 games, so who are we to say he can't do it again?
                  So your argument is basically "he's missed less than 25% of the season once in his 6 year career"? :roll:

Originally posted by BIG Country
                  Carolina is trying to make one final run before it's core players get past their window. It's almost closed. Drafting a QB early would set this team back instead of helping them. Now Jake has to play scared (similiar to Jake Plummer) where if he makes a mistake then the rookie is coming in. Jake went to the Pro Bowl last season. He still has it. The OL lost it's LT and C week 1. Our starting RT was CUT by ARIZONA. Give him a healthy OL who can protect him and you see a completely different player.
                  Wow, might be time to take off those Bojangles tinted sunglasses if you think Jake isn't part of the problem.

Comment

• Early Panthers Mock Draft

I think from what I have heard and what I think the Panthers should do I think they should go this route in the draft

1st Round-S or LB
                    I think if LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson are available then one of them would be great choices cause Shaun Williams is not that good, Landry is probably a safer pick than Nelson but Nelson has loads of upside and is a big hitter. Patrick Willis would be a great addition to the team because he is a soild player on and off the field and a good man in the locker room

2nd Round-S or LB (depending where they go 1st round)
                    If they go LB than I think Brandon Meriweather would be a good choice or if they go S than Buster Davis or H.B. Blades would be solid LB's that could play right away

3rd Round-TE or a Big Brusing RB
                    I love Scott Chandler and we need a TE, sure he is not the greatest blocker but I think at 6-7 he could be a great TE in the NFL and I am from Big Ten country and have seen him play many times, also we need a big brusing RB like they had in S.Davis, get rid of Foster and give DW the starting job with a big RB to spell him

4th and 5th-Big RB and QB
                    need a backup that can play better than Wienke if Delhomme goes down again

Comment

• Come on, no Panthers fans on these boards?

I am running Carolina in the fantasy offseason ( http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 ) and am open to suggestions. You can either post them here or PM me. No guranteeing I will act on them but I will listen.
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                        Yeah, Jeremy Bridges certainly proved that HE wasn't the problem in Arizona.

I just wonder where everyone will fit on our offensive line. Jordan Gross won't be benched, but do you really want to sit Bridges after his performance down the stretch and the recent contract extension?

Add to that a new offensive line coach and an offensive coordinator whose specialty is the offensive line and we'll likely see a few shifts across the line as the offseason progresses.
                        Why not move Bridges inside to a starting Guard spot? It's great thing to have O-line depth, now you know if someone at T goes down again Bridges could slide back out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Come on, no Panthers fans on these boards?

I am running Carolina in the fantasy offseason ( http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 ) and am open to suggestions. You can either post them here or PM me. No guranteeing I will act on them but I will listen.
                          What are you plans as far as free agency?

Realistically, Daniel Graham is one guy I definitely could see the Panthers targeting. Davidson wants the tight end to have an increased role in the offense, Davidson worked with Graham throughout his time in New England.

As far as the draft, defense should be the main focus of atleast the first two rounds. Safety in the first, linebacker in the second, or the other way around wherever there is value. Middle linebacker as been noted as a weakness, but many neglect to realize that Na'il Diggs likely won't be back and that will open up a spot beside Dan Morgan and Thomas Davis if we are unable to re-sign Chris Draft.

Third round should probably be where you look to address quarterback. Fourth round is a toss-up, although we certainly could use some more talent at cornerback in case injuries strike again.

Comment

• OLB is an overrated need. Everyone seems to forget we drafted one on day one last year. I'm not saying we won't draft one, but it would probably have to be just outrageous value.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF
                              OLB is an overrated need. Everyone seems to forget we drafted one on day one last year. I'm not saying we won't draft one, but it would probably have to be just outrageous value.
                              I like James Anderson, but I don't know if he'll be ready to start next season. Best case scenario would be that we re-sign Chris Draft and move him to outside linebacker, if we are unable to re-sign Draft we will need to address outside linebacker sooner rather than later.

Comment

• If we lose Draft, we lose our only viable back-up at MLB. So it would make MLB a pressing need, not OLB. As much as you're trying to see the "silver lining" in Dan Morgan, we just can not go into another season without someone to groom as his long term replacement.

Diggs was never going to be brought back unless he just had an outstanding year, and then we wouldn't have had the caproom to resign him. So really, he was never coming back. He was a one year quick fix while we groomed someone to take over the position longterm IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information