Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...we released Al Wallace

I guess this means Rucker is staying or we're taking a DE early. I mean, I like McClover, but he's not ready to start next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite
      Originally posted by fondoffilm
      What's the status on Eric Shelton?
      Unlucky. As far as I'm concerned he's a misused talent. Good hands, good size/speed combo and he runs well. I don't know why he's never been given more of a chance than he has to be honest. I think he pissed in Dan Henning's cornflakes or something. Hopefully Davidson uses him more often.
      Well, he gets a new shot because the offense is going to be re-evaluated, and he could get a fair shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman
        So...we released Al Wallace

I guess this means Rucker is staying or we're taking a DE early. I mean, I like McClover, but he's not ready to start next year
        Don't understand that move. He was solid and could've started until Rucker was completely healthy. Now, we'll surely need to find someone early in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn
          Originally posted by BlindSite
          Originally posted by fondoffilm
          What's the status on Eric Shelton?
          Unlucky. As far as I'm concerned he's a misused talent. Good hands, good size/speed combo and he runs well. I don't know why he's never been given more of a chance than he has to be honest. I think he pissed in Dan Henning's cornflakes or something. Hopefully Davidson uses him more often.
          Well, he gets a new shot because the offense is going to be re-evaluated, and he could get a fair shot.
          Hopefully, he'll be able to catch on. If he can be the player our scouts thought he was, Williams / Shelton could be quite the duo. If we enter this season with DeShaun Foster as our starter, I'll be pissed.

Comment

• Foster should be cut, it would save us over 2 mill.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite
              Foster should be cut, it would save us over 2 mill.
              Yeah, it will be interesting. Al Wallace got cut btw

Comment

• if we could get out of the first day with landry/r.nelson/p.wills in round 1, b.davis/h.b. blades/b.merriweather round 2, and scott chandler round 3 i would be very pleased. idk how much other nfl teams would value foster (I think he still has great potential but we really don't need him) but with michael bush falling quite a bit we could trade foster for a pick or something that involves foster to get Michael Bush who some say could fall to late 2nd/early 3rd. DeAngelo and M.Bush would be a great combo. I think Eric Shelton is done for although it seemed like he was going to be a good back. Bush could be that north/south back that we need+bush has some quickness to go with his power

Comment

• Originally posted by #1KeyshawnJohnsonFan
                  if we could get out of the first day with landry/r.nelson/p.wills in round 1, b.davis/h.b. blades/b.merriweather round 2, and scott chandler round 3 i would be very pleased. idk how much other nfl teams would value foster (I think he still has great potential but we really don't need him) but with michael bush falling quite a bit we could trade foster for a pick or something that involves foster to get Michael Bush who some say could fall to late 2nd/early 3rd. DeAngelo and M.Bush would be a great combo. I think Eric Shelton is done for although it seemed like he was going to be a good back. Bush could be that north/south back that we need+bush has some quickness to go with his power
                  Bring in Bush would just be bringing in another Shelton, a big man who doesn't run like a big man.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn
                    Originally posted by #1KeyshawnJohnsonFan
                    if we could get out of the first day with landry/r.nelson/p.wills in round 1, b.davis/h.b. blades/b.merriweather round 2, and scott chandler round 3 i would be very pleased. idk how much other nfl teams would value foster (I think he still has great potential but we really don't need him) but with michael bush falling quite a bit we could trade foster for a pick or something that involves foster to get Michael Bush who some say could fall to late 2nd/early 3rd. DeAngelo and M.Bush would be a great combo. I think Eric Shelton is done for although it seemed like he was going to be a good back. Bush could be that north/south back that we need+bush has some quickness to go with his power
                    Bring in Bush would just be bringing in another Shelton, a big man who doesn't run like a big man.
                    Agreed. Best power runningback in the draft is Tony Hunt, who I would really consider if he is available at our third-round pick.

Perhaps we could shop Foster to a team like Denver or Houston, where they have a scheme that any runningback could succeed in. Foster still has some tools, but he isn't a compliment to DeAngelo Williams and Williams is our present and future at the position.

Comment

• Brian Lenard could be better, but he could also be gone the same time hunt is.

Comment

• yeah I agree that Tony Hunt would be a good pick as well

Comment

• I think we'd be ok with Goings, Shelton, Williams as long as we could get the passing offense clicking how it needs to be.

Comment

• Goings Shelton Williams + a flyer on someone like Nate Ilaoa who can maybe try out kick returns too in the 6/7th/UDFA is how I'd handle it but I'd say its highly likely Foster will be back next season

Also wouldnt be surprised if Shelton is gone and we bring in a real power guy like Hunt or Dwayne Wright. I like Wright (and Hunt) for that matter, so wouldnt be too disappointed if this happened

Comment

• Honestly I think that Reggie Nelson is overrated and his fundamentals are poor he is a flashy tackler but he missed some very easy tackles this year at UF which were overshadowed by his huge hits. If the Panthers want a safety they should take someone solid like the guy from UT or Landry. Personally the biggest need is the Panthers are one tackle short from having a good o-line. If we can get a good enough or servicable LT we can put Gross at his more natural RT position and put Wharton as a G. As far as center, Hartenger was not very good but apparently the coaches are high on Montgomery anchoring the O-line at C if Hartwig can not recover. As far as offense, I think that Fox is against drafting QBs and he likes to pick up solid vets in FA. Every time the Panthers are projected to pick a TE they dont so I doubt they will pick one in the draft esp day one, but with the new OC's history of being a TE guru this would be the year. Lastly i think the greatest need on the Panthers is a solid return man because an extra 15 20 yards every drive would really make it easier on Jake and let us settle down more. It is clear that when the Panthers are backed up in their endzone they do not preform well on offense.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind a franchise left tackle that could add some much-needed stability to our offensive line, but I don't know if I would want to push Jeremy Bridges to the bench. When he was added to the lineup last year, he added some stability to the lineup and the offensive line performed the best they had all year. I wouldn't be shocked if we entered next year with the same offensive line, except that we may add some experienced depth through free agency.

If Houston will take a third-round draft pick for David Carr, I would look to make that deal. Give him the preseason to see if a new environment helps him, sit him behind Jake Delhomme for one season, then let Carr take over for the foreseeable future.

At tight end, Greg Olsen could be dynamic but I don't think we'll have a shot at him. #14 would be too high and he'll be picked before our second-round pick.

As for special teams, Josh Wilson out of Maryland would be a solid third or fourth-round pick. Adds depth at cornerback, which we need, and is an explosive kick and punt returner.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information