Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ;159591
    Honestly I think that Reggie Nelson is overrated and his fundamentals are poor he is a flashy tackler but he missed some very easy tackles this year at UF which were overshadowed by his huge hits. If the Panthers want a safety they should take someone solid like the guy from UT or Landry. Personally the biggest need is the Panthers are one tackle short from having a good o-line. If we can get a good enough or servicable LT we can put Gross at his more natural RT position and put Wharton as a G. As far as center, Hartenger was not very good but apparently the coaches are high on Montgomery anchoring the O-line at C if Hartwig can not recover. As far as offense, I think that Fox is against drafting QBs and he likes to pick up solid vets in FA. Every time the Panthers are projected to pick a TE they dont so I doubt they will pick one in the draft esp day one, but with the new OC's history of being a TE guru this would be the year. Lastly i think the greatest need on the Panthers is a solid return man because an extra 15 20 yards every drive would really make it easier on Jake and let us settle down more. It is clear that when the Panthers are backed up in their endzone they do not preform well on offense.

To be honest I don't like Nelson in recovery.

Comment

• Delhomme, Rucker, and Morgan restructured. Karl Hankton released.
      Safety should be the #1 priority for Carolina. There are only 3 safeties on the roster, Minter, Deke Cooper and Salley!! TE has now become an option with new OC Jeff Davidson (Charlie Weis disciple). MLB not OLB is an area that needs to be addressed. DE depth is a need. No need anywhere for a DT. Injured LT and C coming back and the OL is switching to the ZBS (no cut-blocking though).
      KR/PR MUST be addressed somewhere.

Comment

• Any word on how much cap space was made available? As for Hankton, it's about darn time.

Comment

• would it be understandable if carolina took greg olsen in the 1st rd?

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

• Unless we address linebacker and safety in free agency, I think those two needs should be addressed before we draft a tight end. I still think we'll make a run at Daniel Graham in free agency.

Comment

• The fact that we couldn't re-sign Chris Draft before free agency leads me to believe that he thinks he can be a starter and find more money elsewhere. He probably will, so I doubt he is a Panther next year.

Anyone think someone will take a chance on Drew Carter? He is a restricted free agent, his contract can't be that expensive, and it would only cost a team a fifth-round draft pick to acquire him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
                The fact that we couldn't re-sign Chris Draft before free agency leads me to believe that he thinks he can be a starter and find more money elsewhere. He probably will, so I doubt he is a Panther next year.

Anyone think someone will take a chance on Drew Carter? He is a restricted free agent, his contract can't be that expensive, and it would only cost a team a fifth-round draft pick to acquire him.
                Carter received a higher tender meaning whoever signs him will have to give up a second round pick. With this year's strong WR draft class, I doubt anyone will bite on that.

Comment

• So my question: Who will the panthers draft in the first round? Hopefully not Pat Willis(I thought NFLDC had him going there), because KC needs a MLB(plus alot of other things) Just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on it.
                  hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• "McMichael on the block
                    <Mar. 3> According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins are looking to deal McMichael, who is the franchise's all-time leader in catches (283) and receiving yards (3,096) for a tight end. McMichael is set to collect a $3 million roster bonus along with his $1 million base salary for 2007.

"They have not said anything to me about it nor have any teams contacted me about it," agent Drew Rosenhaus said. "I've got no comment on it because it's the first I've heard of it." " - ESPN.com

Any chance the Panthers might deal for him? I would love it, he is better than Graham and a year younger.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                      So my question: Who will the panthers draft in the first round? Hopefully not Pat Willis(I thought NFLDC had him going there), because KC needs a MLB(plus alot of other things) Just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on it.
                      We re-signed and retained our starters at linebacker and allowed our starter at safety to hit the free agent market. Which means safety will likely be the first position we look to address in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstAndGoal View Post
                        "McMichael on the block
                        <Mar. 3> According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins are looking to deal McMichael, who is the franchise's all-time leader in catches (283) and receiving yards (3,096) for a tight end. McMichael is set to collect a $3 million roster bonus along with his $1 million base salary for 2007.

"They have not said anything to me about it nor have any teams contacted me about it," agent Drew Rosenhaus said. "I've got no comment on it because it's the first I've heard of it." " - ESPN.com

Any chance the Panthers might deal for him? I would love it, he is better than Graham and a year younger.
                        I wouldn't mind the move, it just depends on what it would cost to acquire him. If we could possibly send Miami Keary Colbert and a late-round draft pick, since they need wide receivers, I'd do the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
                          I wouldn't mind the move, it just depends on what it would cost to acquire him. If we could possibly send Miami Keary Colbert and a late-round draft pick, since they need wide receivers, I'd do the deal.
                          They need more youth on their defense so we could trade something like Chris Gamble to them for their second round pick AND McMichael. We'd still have two good corners, we'd get a good tight end and we'd be able to get some more depth at linebacker and probably safety while we acquire a true nickel back like David Irons in the second.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                            They need more youth on their defense so we could trade something like Chris Gamble to them for their second round pick AND McMichael. We'd still have two good corners, we'd get a good tight end and we'd be able to get some more depth at linebacker and probably safety while we acquire a true nickel back like David Irons in the second.
                            That would be a nice deal. We would likely need to throw in a pick to even the deal out though.

Comment

• So, about MLB, what do you think the team thinks about Adam Seward, they were so high on him last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                                So, about MLB, what do you think the team thinks about Adam Seward, they were so high on him last year.
                                I think they've still got a lot of man love, but imo we need at least one more viable starter. Buster Davis or Odell Thurman would be perfect. They could start on the weakside (or compete with Anderson) and then move to the middle if Morgan got injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information