No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm not saying i dont think he could be good, in fact i think he can be in the new offense, i'm just saying until he actually does prove himself in the regular season, i wont fully buy into the training camp hype.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• Didn't have the opportunity to watch the game last night, but from the highlights I've seen and the reports I've read I have a few thoughts:

Offense seems better. There were more holes for both DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings when they received the handoff, I can't wait to see what DeAngelo Williams can do with that type of space. Offensive line looked better in pass protection, atleast the first-team did which is all that matters. People may say David Carr has a awkward release on his passes, but he has a pretty spiral and puts the ball where it needs to be. Taye Biddle better make this roster, he could be a playmaker in the mold of Steve Smith in the future.

On defense, it wasn't the most impressive performance. However, the lineup we put on the field last night was FAR from what our lineup will look like when it matters. Stanley McClover started in place of Mike Rucker, Adam Seward started in place of Dan Morgan, safety Deke Cooper started in place of either Jon Beason or Na'il Diggs, and linebacker James Anderson started at free safety. With all of our starters in place for the regular season, we should have a dominant defense.

The fact that James Anderson started at free safety makes me wonder. When he was drafted, scouting reports said he could potentially make a move to safety in the NFL. I wonder if they'll try and make that move and start him beside Chris Harris? When you look at the other players we have at that position, I definitely wouldn't be against the move.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
        Didn't have the opportunity to watch the game last night, but from the highlights I've seen and the reports I've read I have a few thoughts:

Offense seems better. There were more holes for both DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings when they received the handoff, I can't wait to see what DeAngelo Williams can do with that type of space. Offensive line looked better in pass protection, atleast the first-team did which is all that matters. People may say David Carr has a awkward release on his passes, but he has a pretty spiral and puts the ball where it needs to be. Taye Biddle better make this roster, he could be a playmaker in the mold of Steve Smith in the future.

On defense, it wasn't the most impressive performance. However, the lineup we put on the field last night was FAR from what our lineup will look like when it matters. Stanley McClover started in place of Mike Rucker, Adam Seward started in place of Dan Morgan, safety Deke Cooper started in place of either Jon Beason or Na'il Diggs, and linebacker James Anderson started at free safety. With all of our starters in place for the regular season, we should have a dominant defense.

The fact that James Anderson started at free safety makes me wonder. When he was drafted, scouting reports said he could potentially make a move to safety in the NFL. I wonder if they'll try and make that move and start him beside Chris Harris? When you look at the other players we have at that position, I definitely wouldn't be against the move.
        Cooper was at Safety and Anderson at LB... So there is no move happening. I don't know what made you think they were switched

Offense looks OK, the backs like the options when running. Goings really was able to take advantage of the cutback on his run. Foster did well, but he needs to keep the ball tucked in better it is way to loose.

Delhomme looked ok, off on a few throws like one to Smith.

Thats the first few drives for now. I'll tell what happens next

Comment

• Biddle probably won't make the team. I don't know why you are making that type of statement after one preseason game where he had practically half the field to himself on the first one, and the second was also blown coverage.

On the last drive before half, we threw the ball at a particular safety the last three throws we made. All of them successful, and then, the next throw gives us a TD at his expense once again.

Chris Horn right now has a better chance of making the team over Biddle, just because of his consistency in camp and his experience on special teams. Biddle doesn't look big enough yet.

Comment

• The official game report on the Panthers' website had Cooper listed as the starter at linebacker and Anderson listed as the starter at safety.

My thoughts on Biddle are not only from this game, but last preseason as well. Not only do I feel he has potential at wide receiver, but I also think he could be a valuable kick or punt returner to keep on the roster in case Ryne Robinson gets injured.

Comment

The official game report on the Panthers' website had Cooper listed as the starter at linebacker and Anderson listed as the starter at safety.

My thoughts on Biddle are not only from this game, but last preseason as well. Not only do I feel he has potential at wide receiver, but I also think he could be a valuable kick or punt returner to keep on the roster in case Ryne Robinson gets injured.
              Chris Horn is getting snaps at kick returner though, and has been better in training camp.

The report must have been wrong, because neither was at a different position.

Comment

• Biddle has looked good in camp too, and with the team last year. Right now I think Horn might have a heads up on him, but honestly it's more likely neither make it (which is a shame). His 2 TDs yesterday mean nothing to me, because they were both blown coverages, but I have liked what I've seen in the past

The run game looked good, but let's remember that the Giants D sucks and that they were without players on top of that. It was nice to see DeShaun look alive, for sure

Other than that, not much sticks out to me. I was watching a baseball game at the same time so I missed some action and didn't get to pay hard attention. Lucas made a good tackle on a reverse, that's the guy I remember from two years ago. McClover looked to me like most of his plays were "right time, right place" but still, he made them, so that's good. He didn't contain very well on that reverse now that I think about it, but he's young. Otis Grigsby came to play, will be interesting to see if he can beat out Dave Ball for the 4th DE spot, or if we even carry a 4th DE

Oh, one more thing, Danny Crossman should have been fired last offseason. Special Teams still looks awful
                Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman; 08-12-2007, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                  Biddle has looked good in camp too, and with the team last year. Right now I think Horn might have a heads up on him, but honestly it's more likely neither make it (which is a shame). His 2 TDs yesterday mean nothing to me, because they were both blown coverages, but I have liked what I've seen in the past

The run game looked good, but let's remember that the Giants D sucks and that they were without players on top of that. It was nice to see DeShaun look alive, for sure

Other than that, not much sticks out to me. I was watching a baseball game at the same time so I missed some action and didn't get to pay hard attention. Lucas made a good tackle on a reverse, that's the guy I remember from two years ago. McClover looked to me like most of his plays were "right time, right place" but still, he made them, so that's good. He didn't contain very well on that reverse now that I think about it, but he's young. Otis Grigsby came to play, will be interesting to see if he can beat out Dave Ball for the 4th DE spot, or if we even carry a 4th DE

Oh, one more thing, Danny Crossman should have been fired last offseason. Special Teams still looks awful

Special teams is always the last thing to be brought along, and the hardest to practice. You need to remember that they don't go full speed in training camp, and so it is very hard to simulate it. Pre season always has tons of run backs and special teams mishaps.

I agree about McClover, I wasn't overly impressed but we will see.

Beason however, was everywhere. He was a beast. He knows how to stick his head in a pile and find the ball, saw him do it twice very well. He also showed great speed from sideline to sideline.

He almost sacked Lorenzen, but he threw it away (it was almost picked by Ball). Lorenzen is a big dude, so I would say that probably would have been a sack had it been a normal sized QB.

But the best play of his that I liked was when a back broke away from the line. Beason was getting pushed to the right by a TE I think and he saw the RB and just spun off the block and chased the back who was 10 yards ahead of him and made the tackle.

Comment

• http://videos.charlotte.com/vmix_hos.../video/1482069

Mmmmm.. Ok jake?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• yeah

They will probably play it during one of our games... sigh

Comment

• For it to be realistic, he really should have missed the guy and hit the woman instead. Regardless, I think the Jerry McGuire parody set the commercials in the right direction and I think they should have stuck with that concept.

I think a When Harry Met Sally-themed commercial with Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith sitting at a table in Bojangles could be very funny.

Comment

• ESPN says we signed offensive tackle Kenyatta Walker. Wasn't this the guy, back when he was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, that had a pretty well-known feud with Julius Peppers?

Comment

ESPN says we signed offensive tackle Kenyatta Walker. Wasn't this the guy, back when he was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, that had a pretty well-known feud with Julius Peppers?
                            You could call it that or you could call it Walker getting owned everytime he faced Peppers.

The first one is just a nice way of putting it :P

Comment

• Through the 1st quarter so far, pretty much the whole team looks like garbage against the Eagles

Nice to see Jake hasn't done anything to fix his fumbling problems too

Comment

• Yeah, kind of glad something happened like this. Didn't want the team going into the season thinking they are the cats meow you know.

Jake will never improve, because he isn't that good. We all know that because we expect him to have at least 3-4 games where he just implodes and loses games single handedly.

Defense will get better, Gamble will get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information