No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beason is going to be the starter at the weakside, he is everywhere in every game. We finally have a player ready to contribute.

Comment

• Marquand Manuel has supposedly signed. There's our safety next to Harris.

Also I hear we're bringing Dante Wesley back. Not to exciting, but at least now we have a 4th CB. He's ok on ST too

Comment

• He is pretty good on special teams.

Manuel might be the starter later, but for the first few games it appears to be Salley.

Diggs is listed as the starter, but Beason will see the field permanently before long.

Comment

• I'm not excited about Manuel, don't get me wrong, he kind of sucks, just saying he's going to be out there before long. Are we even sure Nate Salley is healthy enough to play right now?

Also there was some more house cleaning. Amongst others, Rashad Butler was cut. You know some bad picks you just dont see coming, like Shelton, but was there anyone who didn't think Butler was an awful pick from day 1? Anytime you have a coaching staff talking about his "potential next year" after his first mini-camp you know they ****ed up bad.

Comment

• Michael Gaines was also placed on injured reserve, which means our three tight ends on the roster have a combined experience of two years. Two rookies in Dante Rosario and the recently signed Marcus Freeman and a second-year player in Jeff King.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Marcus Freeman become a major piece to our offense rather quickly. Two years under Charlie Weis at Notre Dame probably will prepare him well for the offense of Jeff Davidson. Personally, I view the loss of Gaines as addition by subtraction. He cried for the football and couldn't keep his hands on it when it came his way.
            Last edited by JustJoe2k5; 09-03-2007, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Manuel eh? Have fun with that, he is TERRIBLE. Prepare to be dissapointed after he gives up long play after long play. I really feel for you guys.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• After Marlon McCree, I'll give every safety we sign a shot before I write him off. You just never know when it will click for some of these guys who have struggled early in their careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  Manuel eh? Have fun with that, he is TERRIBLE. Prepare to be dissapointed after he gives up long play after long play. I really feel for you guys.
                  We don't put too much need in that position.

Comment

• http://www.wral.com/sports/panthers/story/1785287/

Preseason.

Not to say that the offense will be perfect by any means.

Comment

• WOW.

That article was right, we were as vanilla as possible. The defense started out rough, but we started getting better and stopping the run. Pace leaving obviously helped, but we had caught on to Jackon before Pace went down.

Jake looked really calm back there and had more than two options and knew what to do.

Foster and Deangelo combined for an awesome day. That is exactly the numbers we want out of them.

Jeff King- 5 catches 35 yards. Mister 3rd down has arrived, he is going to be a good dump off guy.

Oh, and our Safetys made more plays then Minter and Williams did combined last year.

However, I am glad we did have some problems. Give the coaches something to gripe at em for all week.

Comment

• Very nice game. We actually played a full 60 minutes. Lots of positives. Great games by Gamble and Delhomme. King is going to be big this year, I called it before camp even started. Special teams still had some issues but oh well.

The two big plays IMO were Marshall chasing down Hall on that long return and the insuing stop by the D to limit the Rams to a FG. If we go down 10 there it would have been tough. Also, Jenkins levelling Bulger. The Rams pass attack didn't do much after it

Pace going down was HUGE also

Comment

• Thank you Jeff Davidson thank you for actually getting this offense to make a 1st down on 3rd and long. Thank you for not running the ball on 3rd and seven thank you. BTW this is the best I've ever seen Foster it seemed like everytime he touched the ball he was running into the Ram's backfield for 10. Just wish we could take back his fumble. It looks like Jake is not the problem he is the solution. Nice game for Carter. Finally got a decent #2.
                          Bluto- When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                            Very nice game. We actually played a full 60 minutes. Lots of positives. Great games by Gamble and Delhomme. King is going to be big this year, I called it before camp even started. Special teams still had some issues but oh well.

The two big plays IMO were Marshall chasing down Hall on that long return and the insuing stop by the D to limit the Rams to a FG. If we go down 10 there it would have been tough. Also, Jenkins levelling Bulger. The Rams pass attack didn't do much after it

Pace going down was HUGE also
                            I still think we would have started to take over. We started to dominate the interior, Moorehead was beastly.

Comment

• from Charlotte.com

Want to know what the league thinks of Steve Smith? St. Louis defensive end Leonard Little is fairly typical. "With Steve Smith, anything fuels him, if you say anything about him," Little said after his team had been torched for seven catches and 119 yards by Smith on Sunday. "He is fueled every time he steps on that field. That's what makes him a great player. "He's a playmaker. He always plays with a chip on his shoulder. I told him that during the game. He's one of the best receivers in the league. The offense runs through him. If he has a bad day, then the offense is going to have a bad day. They got him involved early and kept on rolling from there."
                              That is what separates him in my mind.

Comment

• I wanted to make a post before the game saying :

"I really hope we don't screw up against the Texans"

But I didn't in fear of messing up the team. Looks like it didn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information