Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
    Falcons wouldn't trade him to a division rival, but Matt Schaub looks really nice right now.

He's an RFA, so if the Panthers payed the right price, there is nothing Atlanta could do about it.

Comment

I wouldn't want schaub. He's a west coast QB, no experience in our system. He'd be a rookie again that was marginally used to the speed of the NFL... no thanks.

I'd rather we sign Ramsey as pure competition and then draft a linebacker and safety in the second round, focusing on slot receiver in the third.

Comment

Re: New Quarterback

Originally posted by tomspanthers
        I really don't see us using a first or even second rounder on QB next year. Delhomme can play under pressure, the super bowl game proved that. It's possible that he has an injury that is affecting him that he's trying to play through, it's also possible he's just having an off year. Either way, there's no reason to panic on him yet.

I know Morgan keeps saying he'll be back next year, but he isn't someone we can count on anymore. If he's back, great. We need to draft as though he won't be. It's difficult to predict where we'll be picking right now, but if we could land a solid MLB like Patrick Willis from Mississippi it would be a big help. If Dan Connor from Penn State declares we could get him a little later for depth as well.

We also need to address SS, TE, RT, and maybe even another OLB.
        DL and CB are solid, and RB, WR, QB are good enough we don't need to spend early picks on them.

Just my opinions.
        Delhomme constantly costs us a few games a year, and those games are the difference between HFA and playing 3 straight road games. He is erratic and inconsistent, he can't carry a team like he thinks. The game could be close, and the defense would be doing well, but he has to be a hero and he goes and makes a mistake.

Comment

I'll be in Carolina for the Giants-Panthers game next week.

Any do's and and don'ts for me?
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
            I'll be in Carolina for the Giants-Panthers game next week.

Any do's and and don'ts for me?
            Never been there but it's the south dude, you got nothin to worry about as long as you don't talk too much crap. The south is real laid back and chill, practically like a whole nother world than the northeast.

Comment

Any realistic opinions on tonight's game?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit

umm, we will make Garcia look really good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn

I wonder.... Everyone seems to be high on Carolina except their own fans...

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn

I wonder.... Everyone seems to be high on Carolina except their own fans...
                    I don't know what team they think we are then... The team has idiot coaches and the players aren't allowed to play with passion.

Comment

It's hard to get excited about a team that shuts down it's offense once they hit double-digit points.

Comment

Alright predictions for tonight:

- LJ Smith will rip us a new one
                        - Jeff Garcia will look like he should be starting
                        - We either completely ignore the Eagles problem with the running game or try to exploit it TOO much and run like 80% of the time. The other 20% are 40 yard passes on 1st down
                        - Westbrook or Stallworth will get a cheap TD on us because our DBs dont know how to tackle

I'm also giving the team a very slight chance to come out and make a statement on MNF that they're for real. Let me emphasize very slight though

Comment

Im so sick of the offensive playcalling when we have a lead. It's just the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. 3rd and 8 and Brad Hoover is open for a 3 yard pass? Go for it! We're up by 7 points! 5 3 and outs in a row wont wear out our defense or anything

Comment

Was Ken Lucas benched or is he hurt?

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

Lucky for you Andy Reid is an even dumber coach. Instead of trying to run out the clock before the half, he calls consecutive pass plays that go incomplete that allow you guys to go down and score a TD.

Comment

Our offense looks great when the other team is in a prevent and we actually open up the playbook

Lucas has been hurt up to this week and I think he's probably still like 80%. Marshall has been great this year (and even that Stallworth catch wasnt his fault as much as a great play by Stallworth) so there's no rush to get him back in there

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information