No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this will probably be my last post before at least halftime. Hope we do better than I expect, but I doubt it.

I wonder how Carr will do.

Comment

• Comments after game:
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

more later.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
        Comments after game:

more later.
        sums it up. not really much to add on my side. I didnt fully pay attention to how we lost so much, I was pretty distracted because of the Mets collapse. But this was noticeably ugly (and worst of all...we saw it coming)

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
          sums it up. not really much to add on my side. I didnt fully pay attention to how we lost so much, I was pretty distracted because of the Mets collapse. But this was noticeably ugly (and worst of all...we saw it coming)
          Exactly, it was impossible to take seriously when you know they are going to suck.

So much wrong I don't even know where to start. Obviously I hate Fox right now and he needs to go. This team needs a new start next year. Tired of his same old ********.

This is my impression of Fox after the game:

Asked about the defensive performance:

"Well I thought we played pretty well, we gave up two early touchdowns but after that we were pretty solid limiting them to six points and a TOP of 34 minutes." *chews gum*

Carr is awful, I refuse to believe that their coverage was perfect.

Comment

• Jenkins quickly becoming a favorite of mine:

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Comment

• haha I hope you made that Fox quote up

The Bucs could have scored 60 on us, but Gruden lightened up after the first two TDs

And I just came here to post that Jenkins speech. Amazing how the only two players who have showed up on defense this year were black sheep in years past, Gamble and Jenkins. It's so funny, because the Panthers season is so similar to the Mets season I just watched crash down. They have a beautiful opportunity in a weak conference and theyre going to throw it away by being gutless underachievers with terrible coaching.

Not going to psychoanalyze the players this week too much because pretty much all of them aside Jenkins and surprisingly Kemo at the goal line sucked. I will say that James Anderson should never, ever play MLB again in his life, and probably hasn't before last week.

Comment

• Anderson said in an article I read that he'd never played MLB before. Seems like he said he's played some QB and S, but never MLB.

I really hate the position we're in right now, and don't take what I'm about to say as 'hoping we lose' because I don't.

With our luck we'll probably crap our way to 7 wins, just enough to miss the playoffs and just enough to miss a top 10 pick and grab someone that could come in and make an immediate impact.

I'm tired of being mediocre and that's all we've really ever been.

By keeping Trgo after last season we missed out on a potential great DC in Steve Spagnuolo (was the Eagles LB coach now the Giants DC-and no, I don't base my opinion of him on the Sunday night game, he's someone I've been touting on the Panthers board I usually hang out on as an upgrade over Trgo for two years).

At this point, I really don't know what the answer to our problems are, but I'm becoming more and more convinced John Fox isn't part of it.

Comment

• Some kind of spark is needed here, and going out and overpaying free agents isn't the answer. It's time to send the message that the Panthers are serious about winning.

Comment

• Anyone else really dissapointed in DeAngelo Williams? He isn't making too many plays and breaking many tackles...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                      Anyone else really dissapointed in DeAngelo Williams? He isn't making too many plays and breaking many tackles...
                      I wanna ask you Panthers fan a question about DeAngelo, because I have him on my fantasy team in a dinasty league. I've drafted him last year and I thought he outplayed Foster but he wasn't getting the majority of the carries because Fox never bench a veteran for a rookie. I expected an increase of work for him this year, but he's getting just a few touches so far. Do you think his workload will increase?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                        I wanna ask you Panthers fan a question about DeAngelo, because I have him on my fantasy team in a dinasty league. I've drafted him last year and I thought he outplayed Foster but he wasn't getting the majority of the carries because Fox never bench a veteran for a rookie. I expected an increase of work for him this year, but he's getting just a few touches so far. Do you think his workload will increase?
                        Not if Foster keeps doing well with his touches and Williams not as well.

Comment

• I gotta agree with Shutdown.

Foster's on pace for 1200+ yards rushing & almost 300 yards receiving. The only knock on him is the fumbles, but he's much more effective as a runner right now and the fumbles are as much on our coaching staff as they are him. It was a knock he had coming into the league and they've done nothing to fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF View Post
                            I gotta agree with Shutdown.

Foster's on pace for 1200+ yards rushing & almost 300 yards receiving. The only knock on him is the fumbles, but he's much more effective as a runner right now and the fumbles are as much on our coaching staff as they are him. It was a knock he had coming into the league and they've done nothing to fix it.
                            It is funny because I was saying he worries the hell out of me when he runs like he does. This was after the Giants game on another board, and someone was saying it is fine and he hasn't had a history.

Foster holds the ball a foot or more away from his body some times, that is awful protection. Thankfully we do have the coach that taught Tiki how to hold the ball, maybe Foster will too.

Comment

• Actually, we don't have the coach that taught Tiki how to hold the ball. It's Jerald Ingram who's still with the Giants that Tiki credits for helping him reduce his fumbles.

We have Jim Skipper who was the Rb coach with the Giants till 2000. Skipper has been here Foster's whole career and hasn't seemed to make much of a difference in that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF View Post
                                Actually, we don't have the coach that taught Tiki how to hold the ball. It's Jerald Ingram who's still with the Giants that Tiki credits for helping him reduce his fumbles.

We have Jim Skipper who was the Rb coach with the Giants till 2000. Skipper has been here Foster's whole career and hasn't seemed to make much of a difference in that area.
                                Well someone lied to me then. Phuey

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information