No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, someone lied to ya. Tiki's first year as the starter (2000) was Skipper's last year with NY. He rushed for over a 1000 yards but fumbled 9 times. And he continued to fumble badly for the next 3 years (26 times over those 3 years).

It wasn't until Ingram joined the Giants in 2004 that Tiki's fumbles decreased. He had 9 fumbles total the 3 years he was there with Ingram as his position coach.

Comment

• Beason is starting at MLB, hopefully for good. Morgan is done, bringing him back only hinders development. However I wouldn't be surprised if the team moves him back if he isn't an instant sensation. They have absolutely no patience.

Comment

• Beason (or Beaston, as I like to call him) looked very good in the game today. he led the team with 13 tackles. I was glad we could get a win, but it wasnt pretty. David Carr just isnt that good, smitty had a down game, the running game wasnt good, and the defense, while better than it has been, still has to get better in certain areas. but i'll take the win. hopefully we can beat arizona next week and go into the bye week 4-2.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstAndGoal View Post
          Beason (or Beaston, as I like to call him) looked very good in the game today. he led the team with 13 tackles. I was glad we could get a win, but it wasnt pretty. David Carr just isnt that good, smitty had a down game, the running game wasnt good, and the defense, while better than it has been, still has to get better in certain areas. but i'll take the win. hopefully we can beat arizona next week and go into the bye week 4-2.
          Smith has had down weeks because Carr just flat out sucks. He is too scared to get Smith the ball, he doesn't realize that there are always going to be guys around Steve and you have to stick it in there. Carr's play is also frustrating Smith and leading to drops.

Beason was listed at 15 tackles during the game, I won't be surprised when his total goes up after evaluation. Morgan is done, and Seward will never be as good as Beason. Fox better not move him. The thing is, he can still play better, and he won't have to face such hard running backs to cover.

Gamble continues to shut people down. I didn't see a catch on him, though there was probably a few. The point is, I didn't hear his name and that is great.

Comment

• yeah, gamble has played well. so has richard marshall, he had the interception on the bad pass at the beginning of the game (which actually wasn't his best play because brees should have completed that pass) but he was also did well against the run and he is an absolute beast on special teams. basically every special teams play he is in on the tackle.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• IMO Jakes injury just bought Fox another year. Which sucks because this organization doesn't seem to realize that every team has injuries.

Also, is it me or is looking the team screwed up AGAIN and is wasting another pick with Jarrett? I know Fox doesn't like playing rookies, but get the hell over it. COLBERT AND CARTER SUCK!!! Bring up whoever we kept on the practice squad, put Dwayne in, do we still have Horn?

Seriously, we need some ***** receivers.

Comment

• Just wondering how long is Delhomme out for? Because I'm really hoping that the Cardinals get to play against Carr, you guys just seem like a completely different team with out Jake.

Comment

• Nope, Horn was cut to make room for Manuel I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    Just wondering how long is Delhomme out for? Because I'm really hoping that the Cardinals get to play against Carr, you guys just seem like a completely different team with out Jake.
                    Well yeah, Carr can't run an offense at all. There is a difference between making plays and running an offense, but he can't do either.

Delhomme is done for the season though.

dammit @ Horn being cut

Comment

• ouch, too bad, you guys were my surprise pick to go to the superbowl

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        ouch, too bad, you guys were my surprise pick to go to the superbowl
                        hahahaha... Not looking to good for ya haha.

I didn't think it would be a great year, around 8-8, maybe wild card. Now it is going to be hard to win 7 games IMO.

Comment

• Honestly, I'll be surprised if we win 7 games. The D looked like they may be starting to get it together, but with Carr starting....

Comment

• At least with Delhomme our passing game looked fine, but nothing else did. now everything looks bad. i'm really surprised at how poorly carr has played. i'm not ready to pull the plug on the season yet, but if carr and our defense dont get it together soon (which the defense looked like it maybe was getting there- or maybe the saints just suck) then we're in major trouble.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• The offense as a whole is going to suffer. Carr isn't going to make defenses afraid of putting 8 or even 9 in the box. Smith usually would, but teams aren't going to worry as much with Carr throwing to him.

Comment

• I expect the Cardinals to put 8 in the box with Holt and Hood doubling Smith all game and A Dub to roam around and kill people as usual

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information