No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We keep Trgo the same way we kept Colbert and Foster. Actually doing your job (or not) doesn't mean much in Foxland.

Comment

• Colbert has to be gone. Now we have a more talented receiver from USC who isn't playing like they should.

Hopefully Ryne steps up, he could be pretty good in the slot.

Comment

• i hope we give jarrett a chance. i think with a year of learning the system and playbook (which he had trouble with) should do him good and hopefully he will have a better year next year.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• How do you guys feel about Wharton? I think he's a FA so I was just wondering how he performed and if you want your team to keep him.

Comment

• He's pretty decent. IMO he's not going to ever make a probowl and if you lined up all the 32 left tackles in the NFL he'd be somewhere around 13, 14.

He's not a world beater, but he's very solid at times and for a former 3rd round pick who spent a year at guard he's extremely solid.

Comment

• Oh right, forgot why I clicked this thread.

As for Kenny Philips, I'd kind of prefer a veteran safety who can set a backfield and make adjustments on the field. We missed Minter's ability to read a play and know where to be to help a corner. With a rookie we won't get that back even if we get more highlight reel plays.

Comment

• i dont know if id give him top half of the league

18-19 more realistic

he doesnt really hurt you, but doesnt help either

he struggles with speed rushers but other than that is solid

Comment

• You're forgetting he's a great run blocker. Better than most.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                    i dont know if id give him top half of the league

18-19 more realistic

he doesnt really hurt you, but doesnt help either

he struggles with speed rushers but other than that is solid
                    He doesn't struggle with speed rushers, he fails. I hate playing John Abraham, Wharton can't touch him. Actually, I blame Delhomme's injury on Wharton.

I don't think we need Phillips to be honest. We could find someone later in the draft to play this year or next. Guys like DeCoud or Reggie Smith who I have liked. Also, Aqib Talib or Tracy Porter are guys that could switch to safety. I wonder how the team looks at

Right now I really like Derrick Harvey, he is someone who could really bring fire to the pass rush. Lawrence Jackson is also out there, but he does not have the explosiveness Harvey does, though he is better against the run. I also think that Harvey's ceiling is higher, he can add some weight and get better versus the run. Not many rookie DE are great against the run, Peppers wasn't really until his third season. Charles Johnson seemed like a good guy against the run but lacked pass rush. Mcclover wasn't good at much, he just ran himself out of every play, run or pass.

My list right now:

Derrick Harvey
                    Lawrence Jackson - not sure where he projects, not top 15 I don't think

Peyton Hillis- this guy is a beast blocked for Jones and Mcfadden, but he is a legitmate runner and great receiver as well. He would be a nice addition late and possibly a power running option.

James Hardy- You want a big guy to replace Keyshawn? Here he is, the blocking isn't there yet, but Hardy does not need to be taught how to use his size. His hands are huge as he is 6-7, and he uses them well. His routes are good and he will go across the middle. He is possibly a first rounder with a good 40. Probably 1-2 round.

Adarius Bowman- Not as tall as Hardy, but is built like a tank. He is a lot like Anquan Boldin in Arizona, great after the catch and an absolutely nasty blocker.

My player that I want but know won't fall is Vernon Gholston who I think is going to be an absolute beast. (I know I'm not alone or going out on a limb much ha)

Comment

• Generally you don't need Tommy John surgery because you've fallen hard on your arm. It's something that builds over time and eventually you just throw out by throwing too much or with a weird motion. I don't blame Wharton for that injury, though I won't be sad when he leaves

I have to admit I am not fond on using a pick as high as 13 on a safety that isn't an elite prospect. I'm going to pay more attention to Phillips from here on out though, because I felt Whitner was worth it for the Bills at 8 when most people didn't. Regardless I dont think itll matter since I doubt the current regime looks this way

I'd like to see us target a FB this offseason for sure. It's a criminally underrated facet to a good running game and if you get a guy who has some accessory skills (run ability, can catch passes) it's not like the pick is that much of a waste since you can move him around

Comment

• I might sound a little crazy, but what do you think about grabbing Rex Grossman off the FA market (only if he is cheap) to backup Jake?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericcartman View Post
                          I might sound a little crazy, but what do you think about grabbing Rex Grossman off the FA market (only if he is cheap) to backup Jake?
                          Please, no. He has already played in one of the easiest offenses and failed, why would he be better here?

Plus, Moore is the second back up as of now, no way I take Grossman over Moore. I would even say that Basanez is the third guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                            He doesn't struggle with speed rushers, he fails. I hate playing John Abraham, Wharton can't touch him. Actually, I blame Delhomme's injury on Wharton.
                            Didn't Delhomme say that his elbow just popped all of a sudden? The play where he first started acting like it was hurting, no one hit him. He just threw the ball, then grabbed his arm.

Comment

• sigh.. I was joking that it was Wharton's fault. The way I remember it was Jake got hit by Abraham and tried to continue playing.

Abraham should send Wharton gift baskets for letting him dominate two weeks every season.

Comment

• I was looking at stats and man did Harris get robbed.

97 tackles, 1 INT, 8 FF, 5 PD

I guess fumbles aren't as fancy as interceptions. He deserves to go ahead of Sharper and Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information