Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I dont think Grossman is that terrible of an idea. Basically the premise is that he can just chuck it deep and let Steve go get it. The problem is I think what you see is what you get with Rex. He's always going to have the games where he's just immeasurably terrible (even moreso than the way Jake is) and I'm not sure if that's what you want out of a vet back up. We already have the upside play with Moore and while I'd like to bring in a vet to fight with Basanez and push Jake/Matt, I'd prefer more of a...you know, "vet." Crafty guy who's been around the block and doesn't make mistakes.

    Comment


    • The question is though can Grossman improve from what he is now, to where he has the potential to be.

      there's no point bringing him in if he's only going to be the same QB he was in chicago.

      Comment


      • Yea and I worked through in my post. I just don't see him being capable of taking that next step, unless he was playing under a QB guru (and even then...). Plus, we already have an upside play in Moore. I don't think the idea is complete nonsense, but I don't think it's worth doing

        Comment


        • I think bringing in Grossman is about the same as David Carr, except instead of throwing 2 yard passes without even going through his progressions Rex chucks it deep.

          I would much rather look at McCown or Lemon than Grossman.

          Comment


          • I hope the Panthers have these 5 things on there to do list this offseason. We have a lot of talent that can get us far but we need to stay injury free and get a few players here and there.

            1. Re-sign Jordan Gross-He's a franchise OT that we need to have success and go far

            2. Get a power running back to go along with DeAngelo and then get rid of DeShaun Foster

            3. Get a Saftey that can play opposite Chris Harris- AKA Kenny Phillips

            4. Get a OLB to play with Beason and Davis-Sorry but if we want to win a super bowl Diggs won't cut it, I might be bias but being a season ticket holder and a big Illinois fan J lemen would be a steal and could make a big impact in 1-2 year + he can play OLB or ILB.

            5. Get a TE-I'm not impressed enough with King but one interesting player that we could draft that might make Mike Rucker's decision to stay or retire eaiser is his brother Martin Rucker, he's a big time receiving TE and the coaches can work on his blocking, he could really stretch the field I think

            Comment


            • Originally posted by simmy1989 View Post
              I hope the Panthers have these 5 things on there to do list this offseason. We have a lot of talent that can get us far but we need to stay injury free and get a few players here and there.

              1. Re-sign Jordan Gross-He's a franchise OT that we need to have success and go far

              2. Get a power running back to go along with DeAngelo and then get rid of DeShaun Foster

              3. Get a Saftey that can play opposite Chris Harris- AKA Kenny Phillips

              4. Get a OLB to play with Beason and Davis-Sorry but if we want to win a super bowl Diggs won't cut it, I might be bias but being a season ticket holder and a big Illinois fan J lemen would be a steal and could make a big impact in 1-2 year + he can play OLB or ILB.

              5. Get a TE-I'm not impressed enough with King but one interesting player that we could draft that might make Mike Rucker's decision to stay or retire eaiser is his brother Martin Rucker, he's a big time receiving TE and the coaches can work on his blocking, he could really stretch the field I think
              You don't win with a LB like Diggs? I guess I can understand that, you'll never get to the superbowl with Reggie Howard or Terry Cousin either. Wait a second...

              I highly doubt we draft Phillips, we don't need him as much as people think, we did pretty well with Cooper and I am guessing we can do it again. People talk like Phillips will come in and play like a 5 year veteren and fix all our problems. He isn't, he will be a rookie and a liability for a while. Also a safety won't help sack the QB or protect him so I don't see him being the choice.

              Besides, I hope you don't expect this team to get to the superbowl next year.

              Comment


              • Are there any decent FA for the panthers to consider signing?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WDJD10 View Post
                  Are there any decent FA for the panthers to consider signing?
                  Plenty of them. Probably not a ton they can afford, though.

                  I like these guys, though some will cost too much:

                  Justin Fargas (UFA)
                  Vertrand Morency (RFA)
                  Bryant Johnson (UFA)
                  Drew Carter (UFA, ours)
                  Jordan Gross (UFA, ours)
                  Jake Scott (UFA)
                  Terrell Suggs (UFA)
                  Ken Hamlin (UFA)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jdb1972 View Post
                    Plenty of them. Probably not a ton they can afford, though.

                    I like these guys, though some will cost too much:

                    Justin Fargas (UFA)
                    Vertrand Morency (RFA)
                    Bryant Johnson (UFA)
                    Drew Carter (UFA, ours)
                    Jordan Gross (UFA, ours)
                    Jake Scott (UFA)
                    Terrell Suggs (UFA)
                    Ken Hamlin (UFA)
                    Does anyone think we can get a good trade for Deshaun Foster?
                    And does anyone think its possible to pick up dixon later in the draft
                    Last edited by WDJD10; 01-17-2008, 08:09 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WDJD10 View Post
                      Does anyone think we can get a good trade for Deshaun Foster?
                      And does anyone think its possible to pick up dixon later in the draft
                      Foster won't get anything and I would probably say that we definitely won't get Dixon.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                        You don't win with a LB like Diggs? I guess I can understand that, you'll never get to the superbowl with Reggie Howard or Terry Cousin either. Wait a second...

                        I highly doubt we draft Phillips, we don't need him as much as people think, we did pretty well with Cooper and I am guessing we can do it again. People talk like Phillips will come in and play like a 5 year veteren and fix all our problems. He isn't, he will be a rookie and a liability for a while. Also a safety won't help sack the QB or protect him so I don't see him being the choice.

                        Besides, I hope you don't expect this team to get to the superbowl next year.
                        No i don't think J lemen would make an impact right away, but i do expect these guys to contend in 2-3 years and Diggs is not that great of a player, he's ok but he just doesn't cut it in my mind

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WDJD10 View Post
                          Does anyone think we can get a good trade for Deshaun Foster?
                          And does anyone think its possible to pick up dixon later in the draft
                          Foster is done in this league has a RB or at least should be, he fumbles too much and deangelo is much better, we need a power back to complement DW not a fumbling problem thats not done that much in his career, he's a No.2 RB for a decent team at best and we treat him like a No.1 when DeAngelo should be No.1

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WDJD10 View Post
                            Does anyone think we can get a good trade for Deshaun Foster?
                            3.5 YPC, led all running backs in fumbles.

                            He'll be lucky if anyone signs him after we cut him.

                            Comment


                            • IMO Ken Hamlin and Terrell Suggs would be a marvellous option, I know at DE we've already got Johnson and McClover but we'd be better served taking Suggs and plugging him in at RDE, using McClover in a Mathias Kiwanuka type rushing linebacker role and using Charles Johnson as the guy to spell Peppers and Suggs to keep them fresh.

                              Gross ought to be resigned as he's a franchise RT and really is worth the money, this year he only gave up 3 sacks and helped in the run game tremendously when acting as the lead blocker.

                              I'd allow wharton to walk and cut Mike Wahle, I'd use Kalil as our centre and shift hartwig out to left guard. The first round pick would go on a LT, even if we had to trade up to get one.

                              The next move I'd make is to sign Ken Hamlin, the probowl is going to hurt his price tag, but realistically we lost out a lot this year because we didn't have enough experience or play calling players in the secondary.

                              IMO minter's loss hurt us more as an onfield defensive quarterback if you will than his play as a safety.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                IMO Ken Hamlin and Terrell Suggs would be a marvellous option, I know at DE we've already got Johnson and McClover but we'd be better served taking Suggs and plugging him in at RDE, using McClover in a Mathias Kiwanuka type rushing linebacker role and using Charles Johnson as the guy to spell Peppers and Suggs to keep them fresh.

                                Gross ought to be resigned as he's a franchise RT and really is worth the money, this year he only gave up 3 sacks and helped in the run game tremendously when acting as the lead blocker.

                                I'd allow wharton to walk and cut Mike Wahle, I'd use Kalil as our centre and shift hartwig out to left guard. The first round pick would go on a LT, even if we had to trade up to get one.

                                The next move I'd make is to sign Ken Hamlin, the probowl is going to hurt his price tag, but realistically we lost out a lot this year because we didn't have enough experience or play calling players in the secondary.

                                IMO minter's loss hurt us more as an onfield defensive quarterback if you will than his play as a safety.
                                I don't think we lack leadership as much anymore because of Harris, I think he will step up as leader this next year. Hamlin would add a another solid and a bit more talented guy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information