No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like that we signed Muhammed back to the team. I don't expect him to be like he was in 04, but I do hope he can get to around 600 yards. He obviously isn't the long term answer, but I think he is a familiar guy and one we can rely on to be at least dependable at the number two. We just need him to be good enough until someone takes the spot from him.

Comment

• some quotes from nfl.com
      Originally posted by Moose
      "I did talk to Steve and he felt like he needs another complement on the other side of him," Muhammad said at a news conference. "He kind of coerced me into coming back. He welcomed me back with open arms. ... We're excited about playing again with each other. We've always maintained our friendship outside of football."

"If I'm the No. 3 receiver, they're going to have a real good No. 3 receiver on the field," said Muhammad, who is 64 yards shy of 10,000 yards receiving in his career.

"Everybody is extremely excited that he's back," Hurney said. "He brings an attitude. He brings a work ethic. He was somebody that was extremely highly regarded when he was here. It was a sad day when he left and it's a happy day now that he's back."
      Whether or not he will be as effective in the passing game as we hope is unknown, however I do believe we can count on him to be a good blocker. Not to mention it should make Smith quite happy.

Comment

• Jenkins to the Jets for a 3rd & a 5th.

Comment

• Long time no speak? A season like that just sucked all of the life out of me. However, I do like the moves this team has made early in the offseason. Glad to see Muhammad back, that is one mistake that never should have been made in the first place. Very happy to see Foster and Jenkins out, although I would've liked to have seen a little more in return for Jenkins.

Any word on who we plan to start at linebacker? I expect Beason in the middle and Davis in one of the outside spots, will we give the other job to another youngster or will a veteran be brought in to add a little experience to the group?

Comment

• Don't like the Mendenhall pick in Wright's latest mock draft. He states that DeAngelo Williams hasn't shown that he can carry the load, but I would argue that he still hasn't been given a fair opportunity to carry the load. I would give Williams this season as the #1 ball-carrier, with a veteran free agent behind him, to prove whether he can be a starting runningback in the NFL. That first-round pick could be put to better use to address the defense or offensive line.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
              Don't like the Mendenhall pick in Wright's latest mock draft. He states that DeAngelo Williams hasn't shown that he can carry the load, but I would argue that he still hasn't been given a fair opportunity to carry the load. I would give Williams this season as the #1 ball-carrier, with a veteran free agent behind him, to prove whether he can be a starting runningback in the NFL. That first-round pick could be put to better use to address the defense or offensive line.
              I don't think Scott understand needs very well. Fact is we were second to last in sacks and we just traded Jenkins. To me that has to put defensive line in the first. OT could be a second round pick.

I am disappointed that we didn't trade Jenkins for Huff. It would have worked for both teams very well.

Comment

• Here's my plea for Fox/Hurney to draft App. State FS Corey Lynch. He's one of the best pure cover safeties in the NCAA. Dude is just one big ball of instincts and tackles.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AQZqkcubYjQ

* Started free safety (10 games) as Freshman (2003)
                * Only Freshman named to the all Southern Conference team
                * Six interceptions as a Freshman (2003)
                * Thirteen interceptions by the end his Sophomore year
                * One National Championship in 2005
                * 2005 all American team
                * Eighteen interceptions (18) totaled by Junior year
                * 2006 all American team
                * Helped Appalachian to their second National championship in
                * 2006 broken elbow needing surgery with pins. Played in a cast,
                only missed 27 days (tough as nails)
                * Begins Senior season among all time ASU leaders in interceptions
                #3, fumble recoveries #2, and kick blocks #2
                * 2007 pre season all American
                * First Appalachian player since Dexter Coakley named Three time
                all American?
                * Avg. 85 tackles per year, on a team full of all American (how is
                that possible)
                * Appalachian has not lost a home game with him on the field

Comment

• Hey guys I'm trying to get a mock FA/ Draft goin and the Panthers are astill open

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18848
                  Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                  oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• Any chance we take a look at Warrick Dunn, who most assume will be released shortly? He fits my bill as a veteran player who could serve as a mentor to DeAngelo Williams.

Comment

• We don't need another small back though, we need some power

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                        We don't need another small back though, we need some power
                        Just a thought, we should see if the Falcons are entertaining trade offers for Jerious Norwood. It's not like they gave Michael Turner $36 million to split carries.

Comment

• We need a starting LT, DE, 2nd WR, and FS. Fox/Hurney have done nothing to address these needs in FA. I'd be ok with building through the draft if Hurney knew how to draft. Here's my two cents:

1. T Ryan Clady/T Jeff Otah/T Chris Williams/T Carl Nicks
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=bz9k1hE_-aQ

2. DT Trevor Laws
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y5UwdnpW3sA

3. RB Matt Forte
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=_bbaIF22NGQ

3. DE Calais Campbell
                          4. WR Dexter Jackson
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=GeuCmr5dfns

6. FS Corey Lynch
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=AQZqkcubYjQ

7. FB Jacob Hester
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=PRJczt7YZF4

Comment

• I think we are going to pick an end lineman. Whether that is DE or LT I don't know right now, the FO is in idaho checking out Clady today.

Comment

• So we signed Lebrandon Toefield and Landon Johnson. Johnson could turn out very well or at worst a good backup.

Toefield could bust out or just be average.

I think that we will pick DE and LT in the first two picks

Comment

• From the report on KFFL, it would appear the Panthers are very interested in Clady. I suppose Wharton would be reverted to guard once more.

I wouldn't be against the move. Most seem to think Clady is one of those rare prospects who God created specifically for the left tackle position.

An improved offensive line can only help the offense, which I think many will underrate this season. I don't think the rest of the NFL realizes just how important Muhammad was to Delhomme and likewise.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information