No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Connor going to play in your defense? You LB core looks locked up for years with Thomas Davis, Beason, and Connor.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• He probably won't play for a while but maybe strongside? I don't know, putting players at their best positions isn't always our strong point

Comment

• I hate how people keep saying that we should switch to the 3-4 because we have some good linebackers. They don't freaking fit the scheme. If we do that we are looking at another Vilma with Beason. In my eyes Thomas Davis is the only one who could fit.

Comment

• lol, someone's been reading too much of the huddle

but yeah i agree, it is annoying when people keep constantly bringing it up

Comment

• Hows Rosario been for you guys? Im an Oregon fan and now the Panthers are my second favorite team after picking up Stewart.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

• He did very well on special teams and really became a favorite to break out next year with some really nice catches at the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aftermath View Post
                Hows Rosario been for you guys? Im an Oregon fan and now the Panthers are my second favorite team after picking up Stewart.
                he played alot of ST but he did break into the offense for the last few games, i think he ended up with like 6 catches for about 100+ yards and 2 TDs. displayed good athleticism and is more of the receiving TE than king is. seemed to develop some chemistry with matt moore that could help him out if delhomme goes down again.

so yeah... we've got high hopes for him =)

Comment

• The Panthers third-round draft pick, safety Charles Godfrey, looks fluid and comfortable on the field. He's a glider with 4.4 speed and has a smooth, agile backpedal. And he seems to wield a quiet confidence reminiscent of Richard Marshall.
                  I am really excited for Godfrey. He has some GREAT guys to learn from in the secondary, all of them can help him. Harris also gets better if Godfrey learns quickly and is able to play deeper in coverage and Harris closer.

I am also really excited about Stewart and DeAngelo. I think they are going to be a big topic by midseason.

My only question marks other than rookies is the performance of both lines. Otah is the big one on the offensive line, and someone stepping up at the opposite end of Peppers. I have also heard of moving Peppers to Rucker's old spot. I think that would help him because he would be coming at most QB's blindsides.

Comment

• Fox made it clear that third-round pick Charles Godfrey of Iowa made a strong impression in his first minicamp. Godfrey practiced at free safety with the first-team defense after playing cornerback the past two seasons in college.

"He adapted well," Fox said of Godfrey. "It didn't look like it was too big for him. He fit in well. Our players liked him."

Fox said receiver Steve Smith came back to the huddle at one point, saying, "Man, (number) 30 is pretty good."

"Smitty doesn't give out a lot of compliments," Fox said, smiling.
                    Man, he is making me excited. I tend to take most compliments in training camp/mini camp with a grain of salt but when Smith says it, I usually take it more seriously as he is not one to give other guys, especially defensive guys, too much credit.

Comment

• Panthers Madden Rankings:

Comment

• chris harris can't get no respect lol

also where be otah...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                          Man, he is making me excited. I tend to take most compliments in training camp/mini camp with a grain of salt but when Smith says it, I usually take it more seriously as he is not one to give other guys, especially defensive guys, too much credit.
                          I liked Godfrey a lot during the draft and really hoped that the Packers would take him with the one of their second round picks. I knew that he would be a good player. It sounds like he has done very well in the OTA's. Just wondering is he going to stay at safety or are they going to use him at both Safety and corner?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                            I liked Godfrey a lot during the draft and really hoped that the Packers would take him with the one of their second round picks. I knew that he would be a good player. It sounds like he has done very well in the OTA's. Just wondering is he going to stay at safety or are they going to use him at both Safety and corner?
                            He is going to stay at safety. He is really excelling there and is already the most talented safety. Steve Smith has complimented him in the OTAs too and that isn't easy to achieve.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                              He is going to stay at safety. He is really excelling there and is already the most talented safety. Steve Smith has complimented him in the OTAs too and that isn't easy to achieve.
                              Nice to see that he's doing well, will definitely keep and eye out for him this season and if i'm not mistaken i believe that we play you guys this season

Comment

• If the Packers trade/release Favre, should the Panthers try to get him? Will they?

I'm torn on the issue. Delhomme is not young, but he is a good bit younger than Favre, who would only play one, *maybe* two more seasons. Delhomme hopefully will play a bit longer. But Delhomme is recovering from surgery and we dont know how he will do in a game situation. Plus, while he had a fine start to last season, people tend to forget his horrible year before when some people wanted to bench him for Chris Weinke. I say take Favre if possible, he is one of the best QBs to ever play.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information