X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my opinion no,

1) We'll be giving up another (probably high) draft pick
    2) His contract will be massive
    3) Could cause locker room problems, if delhomme does prove his fitness i don't think favre would be happy playing second fiddle to him.
    4) He said he doesn't want to come to a contender ()
    5) Personally i hate the guy

Comment

• Thomas Davis moved from strong side to weakside.

IMO he should have been there when he first was moved.

Comment

• Rookie running back Jonathan Stewart made a strong first impression on veteran cornerback Ken Lucas during the opening practice of Panthers' training camp Saturday morning.

Lucas came up to pursue Stewart and was greeted with an aggressive stiff-arm from the first-round pick who bench presses over 400 pounds, weighs 235 and has run the 40-yard dash in less than 4.5 seconds.

"I went over to the sidelines and told the guys, weve got us something here. Hes going to be able to get a lot of those tough yards for us when we need them. The more we stay off the field, it helps us out as a defense. I welcome him.
        Enjoy :Drbgljsfkdgjhsl

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

• well, I typed out some observations and then lost them. I'll summarize I guess.

Peppers was good
          Godfrey was good from what I could tell
          Deangelo was decisive
          Jarrett was tough, caught 4 passes, one out of bounds but held on.
          Jason Carter has shifty-ness, liked him
          Thomas Davis got some pressure, hope for more
          Starting DBs were in for like 3 plays, except Godfrey
          Goings will be the third runningback
          If Stewart is as good as we hear, we will have a truly nasty combination, as long as the line is good.

Comment

• Yea that was a nice preseason game other than the fact that other backups got roughed up pretty hard by the Colts' Not a good sign imo since Indy is renown for having no depth and we always lose a ton of people to injury

Peppers looks to be back, the Toefield signing was a waste. Birmingham is the best RB to wear 26 in this teams history and Goings, when he isn't Morgan'd, is about as a solid a bet as there is in the NFL to get positive yardage...it's just his max gain is about 5 yards

Jarrett had some good plays and some bad ones. The almost INT where he got owned by the DB was Moore's fault more than anything, but still. You can see the potential though, and I really doubt he's headed the way of Shelton after yesterday

Carter looked more like one of those pesky possession receivers than a mini-Smith as he was billed from camp, but that's better than Biddle or Efrem Hill I guess. Not sure how long he'll stick around, but he could be a Jabar Gaffney type for us if he improves some more

Comment

• Just thought i'd drop a line and let you guys know that i ordered my Jon Beason jersey online today and am pretty pumped. I loved the guy as a Hurricane and he did nothing but increase the love last season. I expect big things, and look forward to seeing the Panthers again this season with their new additions and healthy lineup. I've always promoted the Panthers as my 'NFC team'. Can't compete with my Jets, but i love the Panthers style and players.

All the best to an injury free season.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                Just thought i'd drop a line and let you guys know that i ordered my Jon Beason jersey online today and am pretty pumped. I loved the guy as a Hurricane and he did nothing but increase the love last season. I expect big things, and look forward to seeing the Panthers again this season with their new additions and healthy lineup. I've always promoted the Panthers as my 'NFC team'. Can't compete with my Jets, but i love the Panthers style and players.

All the best to an injury free season.
                nice, he should continue to get better and and become a even better leader. I don't know about other rookies, but I do know that Beason started being viewed as the leader in the last few games.

In other news, Jarrett went down without being touched and was carted off. Now, it sounds very bad, but I don't know any more and they have carted every injury off it seems

EDIT
                found out just now that it was a bruise or something? Must have been bad
                Last edited by ShutDwn; 08-12-2008, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• so i was out last night and missed the game. ive heard deangelo looked good again but how did everyone else look?

Comment

• Originally posted by xooberon View Post
                    so i was out last night and missed the game. ive heard deangelo looked good again but how did everyone else look?
                    He looked good when he had the room to move.

The defense was hard to judge with all the DBs out, the fron four was getting okay pressure but not good enough.

Jake had pressure on him, but didn't really have anyone to throw it to with all those receivers out.

Godfrey looked good in run support, sticking Westbrook once.

Otah didn't let much pressure in, was good in run blocking.

Stewart got time against second team. I think the eagles are a lot deeper across their front four, he had no room to even take his first step.

Comment

• Moose okay after taking that lick from Dawkins?

You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• thanks for the recap shutdwn. how bad was the hit that moose took?

Comment

• it was pretty nice, with a tad of a helmet to helmet impact. It was in the endzone, provided by Brian Dawkins. It did end up jarring the ball lose, and Moose did play after the hit, so i don't see it making him miss any time, but it was a vicious hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                            it was pretty nice, with a tad of a helmet to helmet impact. It was in the endzone, provided by Brian Dawkins. It did end up jarring the ball lose, and Moose did play after the hit, so i don't see it making him miss any time, but it was a vicious hit.
                            I'd say it was full on helmet to helmet. Definitely a fine-able hit.

Comment

• I really hope we can sure up another defensive line position, if we can, I love our defense. Perhaps we can find someone who doesn't make the final cut. There could be a guy like Javon Haye, or Tony Brown. Not that I want guys just like them, but quality players who get snubbed at the final cut. Hopefully that player is a defensive end.

Comment

• -Even after his breakout performance last night, I would still say DeAngelo Williams should be the starter this season. If last night was any indication, we have finally found the perfect combination at the runningback position.

-Dwayne Jarrett was solid last night and I could definitely see a chemistry develop between him and Delhomme similar to the chemistry Delhomme has with Muhammad.

-All-around, I thought the defense played one of the best games I have ever seen them play last night. The defensive line rendered Washington's running game useless and the secondary was on the spot at every reception to make sure there weren't any yards after the catch.

When is D.J. Hackett expected to be back on the field?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information