X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamble's out with a hamstring injury too

Normally I wouldnt mind but now our #2 CB is Chad Morton

Comment

I wouldn't expect this offseason to be as sexy as the last one. We'll need to find a left tackle, guard, and possibly another center. I expect we'll draft a quarterback sometime on the first day of the draft, although Jake Delhomme will likely have atleast one more season as the starter. DeShaun Foster should be dealt, we need to find a talented power runningback to compliment DeAngelo Williams and help resuscitate our third-down offense. Keary Colbert should be released or traded, we can look to the draft to find another wide receiver who could also return punts. Ryne Robinson out of Miami (OH) has caught my eye, he is the same type of receiver as Steve Smith and is explosive on special teams. I also think we should look to free agency to find a tight end that can catch the football on a consistent basis. We don't need a playmaker, we need a steady safety valve like Daniel Graham from the New England Patriots.

Our struggles on defense are well-documented. The secondary needs to be addressed, a new starter at safety is needed and talented depth at cornerback is needed. I don't view the linebackers as as much of a problem, but some young depth would be nice.

Comment

I actually think we'll look more for a PR/KR who plays DB in his spare time. Our depth after the first 3 CBs this year is awful and I dont see it getting any better

Not that it would be that big of a factor, we need a returner for his pure skills. Not what position he's going to spend as a career backup for

Comment

Weinke > Delhomme

Give Weinke a couple more weeks and he will be playing great. He is stonger, smarter and much more technically sound.

Comment

We're not going anywhere with either one. I'd rather see Basanez, he at least looked good in the preseason while neither Weinke nor Delhomme have looked good at all this year

Comment

At this point, Rodney Peete may be an upgrade over what we'll get out of either Chris Weinke or Jake Delhomme. If we commit to his development, JaMarcus Russell may be our future. Unless we completely re-vamp our offensive line, we'll need a quarterback with the ability to scramble effectively.

Comment

One positive from this entire dibacle was the fact that the announcers singled-out Dan Henning, which is what I think needed to happen for any change to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                  One positive from this entire dibacle was the fact that the announcers singled-out Dan Henning, which is what I think needed to happen for any change to happen.
                  What did they say? I missed some of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn
                    Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                    What did they say? I missed some of the game.
                    Early on, they showed Henning and mentioned that he was under fire the past few weeks. After the first or second drive, when we ran the ball on third-and-long, Aikman called out Henning and said that this is why Panthers' fans wanted a change.

Comment

• The Panthers in the offseason need a new offensive coordinator and new offensive line coach...

Then we need to get a new safety that can cover and react in the secondary.

Finally we need to get Shelton more involved and draft a dedicated return man.

We're struggling on defense because the offense can't maintain posession...

Comment

• There was an INSANE amount of Giants fans in Carolina.
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Yea, we have terrible fans. There's some dedicated guys of course like for every team but for the most part BoA is filled with the wine and cheese crowd thanks to PSLs. When the season is in the gutter that crowd sells off their tickets to opposing teams' fans

This team really isnt as bad as it looks though. Injuries and bad luck have played a large role in ****ing us over much more than bad play has (though bad play certainly hasnt helped either). I know injuries come every year with us so maybe its time to stop blaming that, or get a new medical staff, but it just seems like there's always about 10 games a season with us where the game could go either way. And every year, about 8 of them end up as the same result. This year, they've all been losses. Just off the top of my head, Minnesota, Cincinatti, Skins and Eagles. Even yesterday the Giants fumbled like 4 times and we didnt recover a single god damn one. The Giants got that 4th and 10 play and the quick scoring drive before the end of the 1st half which are kind of fluky. Even though I distinctly remember getting outplayed, that game was a lot closer than the final score. I remember outplaying Cincinatti as badly as the Giants outplayed us and we somehow lost that, so its not like it doesnt ever happen

All I'm saying is next year probably wont be that bad. We've had on/off years under Fox since he got here. Don't blow up the team just yet, we've probably got a couple more SB runs in us with this nucleus. Do we need help at Safety, LB and Oline? Yea, but we knew that coming into the season anyway. Delhomme has been awful this season but do you know how long it took to find a QB as good as him? From the conception of this franchise until he took over, with Beuerlein being the only guy ever coming close. Another rookie (even a high pick) or competition is fine, but I've seen smart people on other boards suggest cutting Delhomme outright and getting Leftwich, which makes absolutely no sense to me. Like we need anymore injury prone starters

And for what its worth, the season isnt over yet. Granted, it's damn close since we lose every tiebreaker imaginable and this team is going downhill fast but we still had a chance in Week 16 after starting 1-7 a couple years ago...

I still dont mind losing out if it means coaching changes. Fox gets a reprieve, the assistants dont

Comment

• How do you guys think you'll do against Pittsburgh?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• We'll carry a 3-0 lead into the fourth quarter and lose 27-6.

Comment

• The the Panthers lose out, trading up for Quinn might not be out of the question. What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information