No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be all for it, but Brady Quinn likely wouldn't come packaged with an offensive line so it may not be as much of an upgrade as it would seem.

Comment

• I dont like Quinn that much but whatever

There's a scenario where we can end up with the #4 pick so we might not even have to trade up. Id rather get Joe Thomas than Quinn, he is a monster

Comment

• I think we should look to address the offensive line in free agency. A season with a rookie on Delhomme's blindside wouldn't likely be any more effective than Jordan Gross or Travelle Wharton. I think we should look to free agency for a left tackle and the draft for an interior guard to challenge for the spot opposite of Mike Wahle and to eventually replace Mike Wahle.

Josh Wilson out of Maryland could help us in a number of ways. He is a solid cornerback with fantastic speed, which would definitely be an asset with the number of deep passes offenses throw on us. He is also a very dangerous kick and punt returner, which continues to be the biggest flaw on our team.

With the current state of our offensive line, any quarterback we put behind center will need to be mobile to be able to succeed. I still think JaMarcus Russell could fly up our draft board as the offseason progresses.

Comment

• JaMarcus is really perfect for the offense we run but if you think getting a rookie LT would be a disaster Russell would be World War III out there next year. Again, I dont think we need to start from scratch. Our team could very well have 10 wins right now if not for some bad luck and stupid decisions. I have a feeling we leave the tackles as they are since Wharton will be cheap for his value due to his injury and Gross, as much of a disappointment for the #8 pick he is, is still a solid RT. Our interior line is a mess and I dont think bringing in more rookies is going to do anything there since the entire line and depth is 1st and 2nd year guys besides Wahle and Hartwig

Comment

• I still think Jake Delhomme will be our starter next year, so Russell wouldn't have to start immediately.

The reason I feel we may need to address the left tackle position in free agency is because I hope we'll have a new offensive coordinator next season. Hopefully, the new coordinator will understand that DeAngelo Williams needs to run to the outside to be effective, because of that the main responsibility to run block would shift from the interior of the offensive line to the two tackles on the outside. Jordan Gross is decent at left tackle, but at his best on the right side. We need another great tackle to compliment him on the left side and to help block for both DeAngelo Williams and DeShaun Foster when they run to the outside.

However, I also can't help but see what Marcus McNeill has done for LaDainian Tomlinson in San Diego. You may be right Batman, but I don't know if a left tackle who is a year removed from a major leg injury is what our injury-prone team needs. Joe Staley looks like a nice option, and we could possibly trade down and still pick him up later in the first round or early in the second round.

Comment

• Nah I completely understand the injury thing...of course the only reason McNeil fell so far is his small spine being a career risk. I kind of like getting Russell to sit behind Delhomme but I dont like the idea of using a 1st round pick for the future when the present looks alright. Denver did it last year and their QB position is/was similar to ours and it really hasnt helped them a whole lot, yet. Staley is a guy I can see our staff falling in love with but he reminds me too much of Gross

Patrick Willis is still my favorite player in next years draft

Comment

• I have a feeling we win today simply because it makes no sense for us to do so

I also know that BoA is going to have more Steeler fans than Panther fans :/

Comment

• Weinke is about two 3 yard passes on 3rd and long from earning the nickname "Captain Checkdown"

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                    I think we should look to address the offensive line in free agency. A season with a rookie on Delhomme's blindside wouldn't likely be any more effective than Jordan Gross or Travelle Wharton. I think we should look to free agency for a left tackle and the draft for an interior guard to challenge for the spot opposite of Mike Wahle and to eventually replace Mike Wahle.

Josh Wilson out of Maryland could help us in a number of ways. He is a solid cornerback with fantastic speed, which would definitely be an asset with the number of deep passes offenses throw on us. He is also a very dangerous kick and punt returner, which continues to be the biggest flaw on our team.

With the current state of our offensive line, any quarterback we put behind center will need to be mobile to be able to succeed. I still think JaMarcus Russell could fly up our draft board as the offseason progresses.
                    I don't want a guy who just has better atheeltic ability but still makes the mistakes.

We won't need to worry so much about oline if we get a new QB. Why? Because they won't be ******* idiots and be under center when it is an obvious pass play instead of being in shotgun.

Get a guy that can get it out quick and is smart. Smith, and Quinn can both run shotgun well.

Comment

• How do you guys feel about this trade?

Bears send to Carolina Tank Johnson a 2nd and a 6th, Carolina sends Kris Jenkins to Detroit, and Detroit sends Shaun Rogers to Chicago.

Thoughts?
                      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123
                        How do you guys feel about this trade?

Bears send to Carolina Tank Johnson a 2nd and a 6th, Carolina sends Kris Jenkins to Detroit, and Detroit sends Shaun Rogers to Chicago.

Thoughts?
                        Never happen but nice try.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Add Brian Urlacher to your end of the deal, we'll add Dan Morgan to our end of the deal and you'll have yourself a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                            Add Brian Urlacher to your end of the deal, we'll add Dan Morgan to our end of the deal and you'll have yourself a deal.
                            funny but no. Ill rethink my idea. Thanks for the input tho.
                            Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                            Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Seriously, we wouldn't trade for someone like Tank Johnson. We value character as much as any team in the NFL, so Tank certainly wouldn't be a player we would target in the offseason.

Comment

• Anyone else think that maybe we are becoming the redskins and think we can just buy wins?

Also, John Fox has said he doesn't believe in picking QBs early because they take to long to develop.

Yeah, ok John. Well your offense is a ******* peice of **** because you have no QB. Your dipshit offense of "pound it" doesn't work anymore. Your team isn't that way anymore and your loyalty makes you look like a fucktard.

Yeah John, your right. Other teams have problems too. But other teams weren't picked to win the SB dumbass. You have let down so many people with your ******** ways. Everyone can now see you how you are, your a coach that only has 2 winning seasons out of 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information