No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard that Rucker was out for the rest of the year...who is going to replace him for the last few games?

Comment

• Originally posted by metafour
      Heard that Rucker was out for the rest of the year...who is going to replace him for the last few games?
      Likely Al Wallace for most of the time, Stanley McClover may also get a chance to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn
        Anyone else think that maybe we are becoming the redskins and think we can just buy wins?

Also, John Fox has said he doesn't believe in picking QBs early because they take to long to develop.

Yeah, ok John. Well your offense is a *********** peice of *********** because you have no QB. Your dipshit offense of "pound it" doesn't work anymore. Your team isn't that way anymore and your loyalty makes you look like a fucktard.

Yeah John, your right. Other teams have problems too. But other teams weren't picked to win the SB dumbass. You have let down so many people with your *********** ways. Everyone can now see you how you are, your a coach that only has 2 winning seasons out of 5.
        I wouldn't say we are like the Redskins. They only major move we have made recently is signing Keyshawn Johnson, that was a necessary move as we needed a compliment to Steve Smith. Other than that, I actually think we spend too little in the offseason. I believe we try too much to simply equal the talent we lose, instead of actually looking for an improvement in free agency.

Comment

• pro bowl rosters out, ill just c&p what i posted in the thread

Not that any cares about kickers but John Kasay has been better than Gould this year, everyone is just slobbing over Gould because he was the Neil Rackers of fantasy this year until he started sucking hard recently.

Case in point: Kasay's only 3 misses are from 65, 53, 50. Gould has missed 4 FGs and hasnt even attempted one from beyond 50

Kris Jenkins making it is a complete joke. Complete joke. He's been mediocre at best this year.

Steve Smith and Peppers have done absolutely nothing in 5-6 weeks but whatever

Glad to see Adrian Wilson finally make it though!

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman
            pro bowl rosters out, ill just c&p what i posted in the thread

Not that any cares about kickers but John Kasay has been better than Gould this year, everyone is just slobbing over Gould because he was the Neil Rackers of fantasy this year until he started sucking hard recently.

Case in point: Kasay's only 3 misses are from 65, 53, 50. Gould has missed 4 FGs and hasnt even attempted one from beyond 50

Kris Jenkins making it is a complete joke. Complete joke. He's been mediocre at best this year.

Steve Smith and Peppers have done absolutely nothing in 5-6 weeks but whatever

Glad to see Adrian Wilson finally make it though!
            Smith was fine until weinke came. He deserves to make it.

Comment

• Can you guys please beat the Falcons on Sunday???

What do you put your chances at?

Comment

• .000000000000000000000000000005%

BTW...Mike Wahle is now on IR as well.

Mixed thoughts on everything else...

This team is so screwed up I honestly have no idea what to expect us to do this offseason. You can go any of about 5 different ways and not be way off base.

Any one else wonder if Fox will use Ruckers' injury as reason to take a DE in round 1?

JJ- You seem to be forgetting about the big contracts of Kemo and Hartwig this past offseason when you say we haven't made any major moves. Not saying we are becoming the Redskins, but both of their contracts are actually bigger than Keys from what I remember without looking it up.

Honestly, I'd like to see us can this whole coaching staff, trim some fat from the roster that's wasting cap room, and go QB in round 1. I could see maybe giving Fox another year with different coordinators but if we still saw the same problems after then, give him the axe too.

Fox's view on early Qbs is ridiculous. None of the guys he's drafted later since he's been here have done squadush. Fasani was a wasted pick, and LeFors was as well.

I hate to say it guys, but I already in the back of my mind had thought this was the last realistic year of our window with the current configuration of the team. Given how that's worked out, it may be time to start from scratch building for 2008 around Smith, Peppers, Williams, and Davis.

Comment

• Next season;

D'Anthony Batiste
                  Taye Biddle
                  Dion Byrum
                  Keary Colbert
                  Todd Fordham
                  Brandon Jamison
                  Dave Kadela
                  Jeff King
                  Kevin McCadam
                  Kindal Moorehead
                  Christian Morton
                  Scott Peters
                  Nate Salley
                  Mike Seidman
                  Derrick Strait
                  Chris Weinke

shouldn't be on the roster. I also don't think we should look at veteran free agents this offseason, we need to add some youth to the roster. Look to the draft, look to undrafted rookie free agents, and look to players who have never really gotten the opportunity to show what they can do on other rosters. We already have the talent to be a contender, we just need the motivation and the coaching. I think if we looked to the college ranks, we could address both issues. Offensive and defensive coordinators who have fresh ideas and are excited about the opportunity to coach at the NFL level would have a positive effect for our entire roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn
                    Smith was fine until weinke came. He deserves to make it.
                    He was doing pretty good I agree but fell off during Delhomme's last couple games as well, missed 2 games at the beginning of the year and dropped a lot of balls when he came back. Id take this season from a WR every year if it was offered but there's a lot of good WRs in the NFL and probably a couple in the NFC who deserve a chance to go over Smith this season. Peppers had a good season too, he just did all the work in the first 8 games

Rucker actually looked good the last few games, I hope we give him another chance before we give some other guys like Morgan their 20th. I think he's an underrated part of our run defense and if we get rid of him it'll fall apart next year unless Jenkins/Kemo and the LBs step it up. DE has become a draft need, though. Just think we have more pressing needs for round 1 and I dont like Adams or Moses that much. I hope we get to see what McClover can do this week and next

I still think we dont need to blow this team up. We've been up and down every year since Fox got here (despite being an improvement over 1-15, the first 7-9 year could have been so much more if we werent using Rodney freaking Peete) and have an easier schedule next year (0-4 against the tough NFC East this year). I think one reason we've lost so many close games is that we cut a lot of leaders and vets last offseason. Getting rid of more isnt going to help unless theyre named Karl Hankton. If Proehl isnt resigned by Indy immediately I go out and get him for next year (cut Colbert), but I doubt our staff would be willing to admit that mistake.

Injuries have been an overlooked downfall to our season just because we're used to having them every year. But think about it. Starting center never plays, starting LT out after one game, using street CBs for 2 games and never having the real Lucas, never having the real Wahle (the shoulder injury has bothered him all season), Smith out the first 2 games, Delhomme gone, Foster/DW both missing time, Diggs out a couple games, Morgan being Morgan, Shaun Williams out a couple games and Rucker now...

It may look real bad right now but so did 1-7 after going to the Super Bowl

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF
                      I hate to say it guys, but I already in the back of my mind had thought this was the last realistic year of our window with the current configuration of the team. Given how that's worked out, it may be time to start from scratch building for 2008 around Smith, Peppers, Williams, and Davis.
                      I don't think it will take 2008. A new quarterback, a new left tackle, a new safety, and we're a true contender once again. You should also list Richard Marshall on that list of players to build around. I think he'll be an impact player for us for years to come.

Comment

• Fox = total idiot.

I mean, who doesn't love the theory of having nobody ready to step in when Jake is gone? Keep jake, I don't care, but I do care if he is expected to be the qb of the future and we sit idle waiting till someone finally has the ******* guts to break it off with him. Then what do we do?

We need to get someone now, they don't have to replace him right away, but by next year.

Comment

• I like the idea of getting young players to fill all the loose ends, it's not like the ST team can get any worse to begin with. Sure would have been nice to have Jarret Bush when we were using Dion Byrum and Morton...

I'd like a safety and an LB in FA. The LB can be a guy with something to prove since I plan on drafting one too and Morgan is probably back in the mix despite my wishes. Same with safety, McCree had something to prove...Shaun Williams is just an old crony of Fox's

Comment

• Get guys who are going to go out and play for respect and to show they deserve to be there. Not guys that you already know and pretty much have told they have the position. Sounds a little like Steve smith?

I want Jarret Bush back, he was one of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                              Originally posted by JPF
                              I don't think it will take 2008. A new quarterback, a new left tackle, a new safety, and we're a true contender once again.
                              As well as a mlb that can stay on the field, and a de to replace Rucker whom will probably be cut due to his injury/contract status, and a safety to replace which ever one you think should stay (they both suck), and a return man that runs the right way without fumbling the ball....

This year will be about the draft man. We don't have the caproom to sign anyone that can come in and be much of an immediate impact at all of these positions.

Little chance we fill all those needs in the draft in one year.

You should also list Richard Marshall on that list of players to build around. I think he'll be an impact player for us for years to come.
                              I forgot all about him. I was in the middle of playing poker and it was my turn so I was rushing to post before it timed out.

Comment

• There will be room. The cap is increasing a pretty substantial amount again, if we really cut Rucker and others theyll make some room and Hurney is pretty good with cap management. I'm not sure who I really want though...only guy I like in positions we need is Ken Hamlin.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information