No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Jerry will want whomever he hires as the next head coach to give Clausen a year, that being said if Andrew Luck is there I'd have a hard time not throwing something through my tv if the team passed on him.

Right now I see the team taking AJ Green. Smitty won't last much longer as a #1 receiver and none of the rookies have shown anything that makes me think any of them project any better in the future than a #2.

Comment

• Might be a bit early in the Week but oh well might as well get some discussion started; Saints are going to travel to your place this week. A lot of our fans are going to predict this as a slam dunk win for us, but honestly I don't think so. Coming off an emotional win, on the road against a Divisional opponent it will most likely be a very tough game.

John Fox always seems to get his team to play very tough against Saints and I don't think that changes this week. I mean we did manage to lose to the Cardinals, and Browns this season...and even our first game between us came down to the final drive. What are the thoughts going into this week?
      Last edited by Auron; 11-01-2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Jam our young receivers (they haven't shown the ability to get off them) and you should have no problem winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF View Post
          Jam our young receivers (they haven't shown the ability to get off them) and you should have no problem winning.
          Problem is we'll need healthy Corners to do that, and we just don't at this point. During the Pittsburgh game we were down to our 5th string Cornerback, and a Safety playing Cornerback.

Comment

• Well, that was a butt whooping.

Comment

• Moore, Connor, and T Davis placed on IR.

The hits just keep on coming...

Comment

Well, that was a butt whooping.
                Yeah I didn't think it would be that bad, it seemed like all of your guys were dropping like flies and outside the Sharper hit on Stewart none of the hits seemed to be that vicious... also we suffered quite a bit of injuries as well. However not as serious.

In your minds does Fox already have 1 foot out the door?

Comment

• Fox has had one foot out the door since last off-season when the team reportedly told him they'd let him take the Buffalo job if he wanted it.
                  Last edited by JPF; 11-08-2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Fox has had one foot out the door since last off-season when the team reportedly told him they'd let him take the Buffalo job if he wanted it.
                    Or he will go to Dallas depending on if Garrett stays.

Comment

• Who do you think will get the start Sunday, Clausen or Pike?

I'd stick with Clausen at the start, but have him on a very short leash. See how he can do with a week's preparation. If he throws an interception early on, yank him (unless he's made some plays before the pick). If he's ineffective in the first half, move to Pike for the second half.
                      Just play me, baby

Comment

• And now Otah has been placed on the IR.

Comment

• Damn! That sucks.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

• Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                            Who do you think will get the start Sunday, Clausen or Pike?

I'd stick with Clausen at the start, but have him on a very short leash. See how he can do with a week's preparation. If he throws an interception early on, yank him (unless he's made some plays before the pick). If he's ineffective in the first half, move to Pike for the second half.
                            Clausen should be the guy for the next few games. Pike should not be an option for a real NFL team at this point. Unfortuantely, the Panthers are barely an NFL team and Fox seems to like Clausen even less than he liked Moore (which was not much) so who knows.

Comment

• Apparently Clausen sustained a concussion yesterday and his status for next Sunday is questionable at best. The Tony Pike Era seems to have began.

Comment

• Looks more like the Brian St. Pierre era now. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information