No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffrey has a lot of red flags but this time last year he was considered as good a prospect as Blackmon. Compare him to Jon Baldwin, a similar but worse player, who went late first last year and if we can get him at 40/41 I would take that any day. also, he has played with some straight GARBAGE qb's in college and produced

If you had to throw a jump ball to one of our WR's right now who would you pick? I'd take Smith, and that's all you need to know in that respect. He gives us an element we don't have, and I think a monstrous WR like him would fit well on our playground offense with Cam and Steve, plus tall guys like Lafell, Olsen and Gettis streaking down the field

We have enough weapons to cover up his flaws and only play him situationally. This isn't the John Fox days where we have a 1 1/2 WRs and nothing else

Plaxico did pretty well for himself as a slow, big guy with no separation and a limited route tree his entire career

...Don't get me wrong, if Alshon runs a 4.7 I want no part of him. But if he can get under or around 4.6 I think that's enough
    Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman; 01-18-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
      Jeffrey has a lot of red flags but this time last year he was considered as good a prospect as Blackmon. Compare him to Jon Baldwin, a similar but worse player, who went late first last year and if we can get him at 40/41 I would take that any day. also, he has played with some straight GARBAGE qb's in college and produced

If you had to throw a jump ball to one of our WR's right now who would you pick? I'd take Smith, and that's all you need to know in that respect. He gives us an element we don't have, and I think a monstrous WR like him would fit well on our playground offense with Cam and Steve, plus tall guys like Lafell, Olsen and Gettis streaking down the field

We have enough weapons to cover up his flaws and only play him situationally. This isn't the John Fox days where we have a 1 1/2 WRs and nothing else

Plaxico did pretty well for himself as a slow, big guy with no separation and a limited route tree his entire career

...Don't get me wrong, if Alshon runs a 4.7 I want no part of him. But if he can get under or around 4.6 I think that's enough

Ehh if it's really just jump ball ability that he brings I would look at the board of receivers and identify a guy who has size and decent enough speed to take a chance and develop.

I'll be in favor if Cam calls him up and makes him work with him up till camp. I'll be in favor of any player who will work like Cam has shown he does.

Comment

• New Logo came out:

Comment

• i like the old one better. this new one looks like its giving the wtf face.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLAFan View Post
            i like the old one better. this new one looks like its giving the wtf face.
            That's pretty much everyone's reaction initially, mine too. But the more I look at the new one next to the old one I think it is an improvement.

The old one is flat. The eyes and ears don't make sense and the jaw is just a rectangle. The new one has depth because the blue isn't just randomly slapped in there. It's just a lot more three dimensional now.

New uniforms could also be on the way.

Comment

• Yup, like I thought, they came up with a brand new way to come up short.

Supporting this team seems more difficult than ever right now. They just suck at basic football. I think it's worse than the 2-14 season because I don't see a real change coming.

I don't know if I should hope for a turn around or for them to tank causing Rivera and Hurney to GTFO. I'm leaning toward the latter. Hurney will just use a top ten pick on a runningback.

Stewart + Williams = 10 carries 22 yards

GOOD THING WE LOCKED THEM UP. They're going to earn more money per run than they are yards per run at this point.
              Last edited by ShutDwn; 10-07-2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, David Gettis is coming back to save the season.

lol yea right

Comment

• NVM- min ugh
                  Last edited by JPF; 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Marty Hurney has been fired!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-marty-hurney/

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF View Post

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• New GM will have his work cut out for him. We're sitting at around 12 mill worth of contracts over next years projected cap.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1708--nfl.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Smash28Dash34
                          If there was any debate on what side of the ball is more in need of a first round pick it ended in that Chiefs game. I know the offensive line needs a complete upgrade but we made Brady Quinn look like Joe Montana out there. Please get Star in here Asap.
                          Ron Edwards was a bigger part of the defense than we knew. Fua is such trash. They probably flipped a coin to decide between him and MClain. Looks like they lost that toss as well...

In other news, Pete Prisco is being a dipshit about Cam again. He wrote about the pro bowl and how Cam apparently disrespected players there. If you watched the game you saw the AFC clearly ramp up their effort when Cam came in. Prisco cites unnamed sources that say he was cocky and aloof. Seemingly contradictory ways to act. Also, he dissed Ray Lewis apparently although Lewis wouldn't comment.

So there you have it. Cam goes for 7 TDs in two games, looks more involved in to the game and this is the news story that gets written about him. A story from the damn PRO BOWL. I'm pretty sure they just didn't like him running around on them. Everyone treated the game like a joke and then Cam took off a few times and they got pissy.

How can players talk about his attitude and **** on his reputation yet they won't put their names next to it? They sound like a bunch of sorority sisters talking **** about the new pretty girl at the formal.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information