• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Hester...He's a Stud

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

If that article is accurate, I expect to see Hester become the 3rd receiver and slot man on the depth chart. I also expect so see a lot of screens come his way.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

holy hell.
      sweetness. i whole heartedly agree with all those big smiles.

The future is the way to go here.
      In two years we might have an arsenel of well developed recievers on our hands. Hester may enjoy the endzone a little more. Bradley gets maybe one more year into it all, when moose calls it quits, we're set. This is probably the best looking that the team has looked for the future since JA took over. Sure we're a contender now, but next year? We still have all these tools, same with next year, and our development is working very well. Hass or Rideau or Ball can step up and fill a spot in a big way next year if moose exits (although I think personally he may have two left in him, especially with bigger threats across from him, negating injury as well).

"What we have to do with him is just create opportunities, and create mismatches for him."

That right there lies to our advantage. If we make the packers move laterally with hester, it opens our running game against their front six.

I think the primary goal though is to keep hester injury free and to make sure wolfe can provide a similar threat on returning if the opportunity arises, sure, scoring is nice, but field position lets us work our magic. And who provides that? Oh the wheels of hester go round and round, round and round, round and round.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Bad idea IMO. History shows return men slow quickly, especially when asked to do other things. This, IMO, should be his last year returning the ball if he wants to be a legitimate threat on offense.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          Bad idea IMO. History shows return men slow quickly, especially when asked to do other things. This, IMO, should be his last year returning the ball if he wants to be a legitimate threat on offense.
          Ok man, whatever you say. Hester did it in College as well, so this isn't his first time playing multiple positions at once.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            Ok man, whatever you say. Hester did it in College as well, so this isn't his first time playing multiple positions at once.
            to an extent he is right though, if Hester is to become a starting receiver at any point in his career, then it would be too risky to have him returning kicks as well, so it comes down to where he's more valuable, and if he produces as a receiver, his returning would undoubtedly suffer.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
              to an extent he is right though, if Hester is to become a starting receiver at any point in his career, then it would be too risky to have him returning kicks as well, so it comes down to where he's more valuable, and if he produces as a receiver, his returning would undoubtedly suffer.
              I disagree since the beginning of the NFL or football in general players have done it, now I havent seen him at WR yet but, a person with his skill set can do it, when he was drafted he was said to have lackluster speed so I don't doubt this kid for a second.....

Comment

dante hall?
                it's not like he's ever been a true #2 target in KC, but, his production never suffered greatly as a returner after he really started getting into the passing game... and sure his last year was lackluster for sure, but the two previous years, he still has a 25ypr average.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                  Doesn't Steve Smith return punts?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                    Doesn't Steve Smith return punts?
                    i dunno, but I think thats what the Bears are trying to create. A Steve Smith clone, a guy who can take it the distance at any time.
                    Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                    Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                      I disagree since the beginning of the NFL or football in general players have done it, now I havent seen him at WR yet but, a person with his skill set can do it, when he was drafted he was said to have lackluster speed so I don't doubt this kid for a second.....
                      i'm not saying he couldn't do it, he most certainly could do it, and would be amazing at it, but it would be pretty risky to have one of your starting receivers returning kicks and punts.

I'm just saying that if he becomes a starting receiver on this team (which i personally don't think he will, could be wrong though) he won't be returning both kicks and punts, if anything, just punts.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Dieon Sanders had a long career returning punts, playing cornerback, and playing baseball. OK, so he didn't play baseball as long as football, but still, @ one point he was doing all 3 of those things.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                          Dieon Sanders had a long career returning punts, playing cornerback, and playing baseball. OK, so he didn't play baseball as long as football, but still, @ one point he was doing all 3 of those things.
                          In all fairness Deions a freak....

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                            In all fairness Deions a freak....
                            And so is Devin Hester. There's a reason why he set an NFL Record on Punt/Kick Return TD's this season...

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              And so is Devin Hester. There's a reason why he set an NFL Record on Punt/Kick Return TD's this season...
                              Devin Hester makes grown men like Lovie Smith (and me) giddy as a schoolgirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information