Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah. Week 1.

any thoughts on how it'll go?

because, i'm thinking it'll be loads of fun any way we look at it.
    i was talking with my brother and how this will probably be one of the best matchups of the season period. and it happens week one. what a way to start it off.

this is what i think the gamebreakers will be.

chargers offense vs bears defense

rivers/gates vs the deep three (urlacher, AA and brown).

if gates find holes in the zone. he will have receptions, receptions, and even more receptions. especially with a greater focus on containing LT. rivers and gates will have their hands full though. It's probable (if not likely) that there will be a few tipped passes and a pick or two when rivers looks to gates.

olivia and mcneil vs anderson and wale

here's probably the key to the bears holding victory. if anderson and wale ca push the pocket inside on run-d (and by anderson i also mean alex brown) causing LT with his infinite vision to want to go inside consistantly will force him to run into the DT's and quick LB's in the middle of the field. to keep him from running off tackle is key. watching him on screens is also clutch. i don't see anderson and wale having that great of sucess on that though.

chargers defense vs bears offense.

florence and jammer vs moose, berrian and bradley.

the chargers biggest weakness is their secondary. they get bailed out all the time by the ferocious pass rush. florence has to focus on berrian and berrian only. he's shown a tendency to get distracted by slot guys running right at him while he's in man coverage and will let one right by him, saw it twice in the pre-season. look for classic play action, second play, grossman to berrian to burn for a TD. jammer isn't the best tackler and will probably see bradley in his radar often with his elusiveness. the bears will exploit the corners with or without greg olsen.

cooper and wilhem vs benson

are not godfrey and edwards, but. will be able to contain benson to some extent (assuming olshanky, williams and castillo bunch up). i don't believe the chicago running game will really be anything more than an attempt to establish the run (which is the bears focus, duh). BUT. if benson gets out of the backfield in PA plays, cooper and wilhem aren't very good in coverage, unlike edwards, who was the primary cover LB out of the four last year, he's now back in KC. verdict? benson will have maybe 80 yds on ~20 carries. expect 10 looks too (split between him and peterson...)

thoughts? other matchups. i'm bored. it's late.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Grossman is dogshit under pressure (and sometimes not under pressure). The Chargers are the best blitzing team in the NFL. Unless Berrian can burn them deep multiple times and Benson can make them pay, I really don't like our chances at all.

On the bright side it's week 1, and after that the schedule picks up rather nicely.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

will the line be able to contain merriman and olshankey?

Comment

simple asnwer no. But then again if our game plan is designed for seven step drops, then Ron Turner needs to be run out of town. It should be alot of 3 step drops ball goes. And alot of draws and running..alot of running.
        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
          simple asnwer no. But then again if our game plan is designed for seven step drops, then Ron Turner needs to be run out of town. It should be alot of 3 step drops ball goes. And alot of draws and running..alot of running.
          agreed.
          a lot of running.

Comment

well, luckily for me I have to be at school tomorrow at 5:00 for football (lifting, running, and watching film). So basically I will be gone from 4:30 to 8:00. I'll be able to watch the first quarter and then have to tivo the rest... hopefully some D-Bag doesn't blurt out the score while I'm there.

I officially hate high school football.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I'll sky write it tomorrow for you.

look up. you'll see victory. but by a small margin.

Comment

U guyz need a Professional QB.

D looks great.
                Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-09-2007, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                  U guyz need a Professional QB.

D looks great.
                  Rex wasn't the problem this game.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Rex wasn't the problem this game.
                    Benson isnt looking like the answer. His play up to this point has me worried..a lot. I think that if he continues like this, we look at RB in the upcoming draft or 2.

Defense was great today, but by the end, due to turnovers they looked tired

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

It's one ******* game. Seriously.

Comment

This game had some freaky **** go down. No doubt. Peterson and Benson need to hold on to the rock, and Rex needs to step up. On the bright side, KC got rocked by Houston, and they come to Solider next week. On the even shittier side, the rest of the division won.

sig by VLS
                        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                        I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          It's one ******* game. Seriously.
                          I know not to judge after 1 game, and I know that preseason doesnt mean a thing, but Benson has looked like crap. Besides his 11 yard run, and the pass where he ran past Merriman, he didnt do much. I am Pro-Benson, and I know that SDs defense is good, but I expected more out of him.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Rex looked fine. Not good, not bad, just fine. Benson needs to step up or step down. Im giving him 2 more games. He doesnt show management any better and Ill expect another back either picked up or drafted.
                            Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                            Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                              Rex looked fine. Not good, not bad, just fine. Benson needs to step up or step down. Im giving him 2 more games. He doesnt show management any better and Ill expect another back either picked up or drafted.
                              Who are we going to pick up in week 3? That makes absolutely no sense. At best they could give Peterson more carries, but Benson is the best back we have for this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information