No announcement yet.

It's Not All on Rex...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, the Bears had THAT many injuries last night? Jesus.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      Damn, the Bears had THAT many injuries last night? Jesus.
      This pretty much sums up the way I feel about the season so far.

Comment

At least you guys have won a game. :(
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Plus you have Adam Archu "leta **** load of yardage" also. Didn't he get benched for or Kevin Payne whatever that guy's name is last night?

Once again they proved as a defense they can't at least contain a number one receiver (especially big receivers) consistently and they can't handle a smash mouth running game. As a finesse defense they match up well with finesse teams. I've been saying it for a while they have big trouble with tough running and good big receivers or any size great receiver. They stick to their basic beliefs waaay too much as a defense. It seems like they never set up a defensive game plan and just try to play and coach as best as they can. I mean they got talent on defense don't get me wrong, but against elite offenses and players you can't just "try to play your best" all the time. It works occasionally but I don't believe in it all. So of course when it doesn't work and the offense is terrible the team will just get steam rolled.
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

ehh, I dont think it was quite like that. Romo bought time, time = coverage breakdowns = TO completions. And we handled the running game very well till the end where he broke that 54 yard run (minus Harris, Briggs, Vasher)

Originally posted by BeansDooma
            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

My man crush on MB3 and Jason Witten might be influencing my beliefs in this case, though, lol.
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I've been saying it since the Super Bowl: Lovie Smith should have pulled Grossman in Miami, released him in the offseason, and never looked back.

Grossman can no longer be blamed for any of his gaffes....he is what we thought he was. ;)

From here on out, every one of Grossman's screw-ups falls squarely on the shoulders of Lovie Smith. He's apparently the only guy in the league who can't see that Grossman is an absolute trainwreck.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                  This pretty much sums up the way I feel about the season so far.

That's a thizz face if I've ever seen one.

Comment

I was a Grossman defender, since he was young, and young, inconsistent QBs tend to get better. Plus, good Rex was a VERY good QB. Good news is he stopped being inconsistent. Bad news is he's always Bad Rex. He might be able to succeed later, but not in Chicago, he's under too much pressure I think.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I don't place all the blame on Rexy, though he isn't playing well now. I place a hefty amount of blame on Ron Turner, the offensive coordinator. He's getting way too giddy with his quick little receivers and big gains in the passing game to the detriment of his young quarterback.

Seriously, Bill Cowher gave you the bloody blueprint with Roflisberger in 2005. Run the ball with Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson, play action pass, maybe a few bootlegs so Grossman has easy completions in front of him, and emphasize the tight ends more. Why is Grossman not getting more chances to throw to his most sure-handed and comfortable receiving option, Desmond Clark?

It's statistically proven how much remarkably better Rexy plays when Clark is involved in the offense. And Greg Olsen is a promising prospect drafted in the 1st round. How damn thick do you have to be to not get that? Crying out loud.
                      Last edited by Geo; 09-24-2007, 06:23 PM.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Rex is terrible and not the answer for Chicago. That said, the entire team has played poorly in my opinion. The offence has been a trainwreck. There is no run game, the offensive line is nowhere near where it needs to be, and the receivers haven't been getting it done. The defence has even taken a step backwards and it's clear that they're not going to be able to continually bail out the offence anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                          He might be able to succeed later, but not in Chicago, he's under too much pressure I think.
                          Absolutely agree.

I really wanted Grossman to succeed, and I still think he's got the tools to be a very effective QB. But it's not going to happen while he's in Chicago. That bridge has long since burned.

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
                            Absolutely agree.

I really wanted Grossman to succeed, and I still think he's got the tools to be a very effective QB. But it's not going to happen while he's in Chicago. That bridge has long since burned.
                            What tools have we seen from him? He's Joey Harrington 2.0. Not only does he not win games for you, but he'll do everything in his power to lose them. Not a game manager and doesn't have the talent to be a top-tier QB. That's a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              I don't place all the blame on Rexy, though he isn't playing well now. I place a hefty amount of blame on Ron Turner, the offensive coordinator. He's getting way too giddy with his quick little receivers and big gains in the passing game to the detriment of his young quarterback.

Seriously, Bill Cowher gave you the bloody blueprint with Roflisberger in 2005. Run the ball with Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson, play action pass, maybe a few bootlegs so Grossman has easy completions in front of him, and emphasize the tight ends more. Why is Grossman not getting more chances to throw to his most sure-handed and comfortable receiving option, Desmond Clark?

It's statistically proven how much Rexy plays when Clark is involved in the offense. And Greg Olsen is a promising prospect drafted in the 1st round. How damn thick do you have to be to not get that? Crying out loud.

The problem with the play action part, is Benson has shown absolutely nothing to show he can be a starting RB in this league (from what I've seen at least.)

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                The problem with the play action part, is Benson has shown absolutely nothing to show he can be a starting RB in this league (from what I've seen at least.)
                                He's not very well on blitz pick-ups from what I've seen as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information