It's Not All on Rex...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    He's not very well on blitz pick-ups from what I've seen as well.

I think you forgot a verb in there somehwere.

Comment

Just wondering... Since the packers are trying to reduce Favre's mistakes and hide the youth on the Oline with quick passing, could the bears do the same. Can Rexy make the quick passes and do they have the recievers? I know Berrian pretty fast

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        I think you forgot a verb in there somehwere.
        I definitely did. But, I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
          The defence has even taken a step backwards and it's clear that they're not going to be able to continually bail out the offence anymore.
          No it hasn't. It's just that the offense is so terrible that it's giving them even better field position and taken up even less time on the clock. The Bears D falls apart in the 4th quarter because they are so tired of carrying the game. At least last year we could run the ball.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

A big part of Cedric's problem is Ron Turner's play calling. They never give him a chance to get into a rhythm. He started out strong, but Turner pulled him too soon. He needs to keep getting the rock, that's the kind of running back he is, that's why Ron Turner had to have him. But whenever he gets anything resembling a groove, he's pulled.

sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
              The problem with the play action part, is Benson has shown absolutely nothing to show he can be a starting RB in this league (from what I've seen at least.)
              That's a little harsh. 2 of Benson's first 3 games were rough, but he played very well last year, even in games where Jones barely saw the field. I've seen a lot of both players, and I always prefered Jones, but the margin is pretty slim. Jones has better vision and intangibles, Benson is faster and more punishing. That's about it.

Comment

Damn sweetness, I admire your team optimism and you definitely have valid points about other players besides Rex underperforming, but seriously how can you still support Rex? No offense but it takes a pretty big homer to not see Rex for what he is at this point, and that's a backup at best. This is almost on par with that dude (darko?) who claimed last year that Bruce Gradkowski was a better version of Vince Young. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
                Originally posted by njx9
                i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  No it hasn't. It's just that the offense is so terrible that it's giving them even better field position and taken up even less time on the clock. The Bears D falls apart in the 4th quarter because they are so tired of carrying the game. At least last year we could run the ball.
                  You actually believe the defence is playing like it did last year?

Comment

Gradkowki a better version of Vince Young. Thats the funniest thing I've read all week.
                    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                      A big part of Cedric's problem is Ron Turner's play calling. They never give him a chance to get into a rhythm. He started out strong, but Turner pulled him too soon. He needs to keep getting the rock, that's the kind of running back he is, that's why Ron Turner had to have him. But whenever he gets anything resembling a groove, he's pulled.
                      I don't understand it either. Benson's a bruiser, he should get somewhere around 20-25 carries a game. The Bears are paying him millions for what?
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

McNabb will be a bear by next year. Grossman is so gone at the end of the year barring some sort of miraculous turnaround. Meaning Grossman goes to the land of OZ and gets a brain.

They really have to scale back the offense and simplify things for Grossman.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                          Denial ain't just a river in Egypt
                          haha, every time I say that to my friends, they just laugh at me lol.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Rex must be doing something right, because Griese and Orton havent been put in, OR!
                            Lovie is making a bad decision and keeping Grossman in.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              Rex must be doing something right, because Griese and Orton havent been put in, OR!
                              Lovie is making a bad decision and keeping Grossman in.
                              Lovie said today that he is going to announce any changes to the starting lineup on Wednesday. He said he has already made the decision for the QB position. I think if he was going to stick with Grossman he would have said "Rex Grossman is our QB".

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                                You actually believe the defence is playing like it did last year?
                                I believe that if you actually watched the game in context, and compared last season to this season, that this defense is better. It's just even more hindered by the fact that our offense is even worse at not turning the ball over and eating up clock than it was last year.

Most points have come off of turnovers or late in the game when the defense was completely worn down (or injured).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information