It's Not All on Rex...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    The Tribune expects Brian Griese to start against the Lions, though it seems they have no evidence whatsoever to support their claim (it's not like such inconsequential and trivial matters have stopped or will stop the media).
    Well I think Lovie not giving the same old "Rex Grossman is our quarterback" spiel is pretty telling. He said he made his decision on Monday and would announce on Wednesday. Why wait if you are just going to reiterate that Grossman is the starter? It doesn't seem like that big of a leap in reasoning even if the evidence isn't definitive.

Comment

NFLN's Adam Schefter is reporting Griese will start against the Lions.

Looks like the Bears have indeed made the change.

(I wonder where Rexy will play next year?)
      Last edited by Geo; 09-25-2007, 04:10 PM.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Somehow I find it hard to believe that Griese will throw 6 interceptions to every 1 touchdown.

I realize Griese comes with his faults, but to me he's a Jon Kitna type. Not very good...but good solid enough to win with good people around him.
        I think Kitna (and, in your opinion, Griese) is better discribed as 'not great, but good enough'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I wouldn't even go so far as to say good enough, I'll settle with ok at this point. That's what I would consider Kitna or Griese. Ok. I wouldn't put any higher than 20th amongst starting QB's in the NFL though, that's for sure.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I just hope we don't win too many games to hop out of the Jake Long sweepstakes, allthough Sam Baker wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I wouldn't even go so far as to say good enough, I'll settle with ok at this point. That's what I would consider Kitna or Griese. Ok. I wouldn't put any higher than 20th amongst starting QB's in the NFL though, that's for sure.
              wowowowowow kitna is a lot better than you give him credit for, did you see how atrocious the Lions were in Week 2 after he went down?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                wowowowowow kitna is a lot better than you give him credit for, did you see how atrocious the Lions were in Week 2 after he went down?
                Kitna has been in the league for years, he's always been average.

The difference is that your backup is J.T O'Sullivan, a guy who couldn't even beat out Chris Leak for the 4th QB on our depth chart (Chris Leak is currently bagging groceries at the local Walgreens by the way).

Martz's offense, with those weapons, and throwing the ball 40 times a game is going to produce a lot of stats and points, but Kitna is still average, and still turns the ball over like it's his job.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                  as long as you can protect him. if he starts getting beat up, he becomes far more ineffective than the average nfl qb.
                  I'll settle for ineffective over a QB who plays like he put money on the opposing team. Jesus everytime they replay that clip of him floating the ball into three defenders I want to ram my head into a wall. Its almost identical to the one in the Superbowl that clinched the game for the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    i'm not disagreeing he'd be better, but i mean ineffective like he sees the defensive line running towards him and he freezes like a deer in headlights.
                    So be it as long as he holds onto the ball. Although I wonder how many games until the majority of idiotic Bear fans start chanting for Orton. The QB carousel continues...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                      I just hope we don't win too many games to hop out of the Jake Long sweepstakes, allthough Sam Baker wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
                      Hush. You guys haven't looked THAT bad... us on the other hand is a different story.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Heres the breakdown:

Our receivers have went from decent-good last year to 2004 or 05 versions this year. Just plain terrible. O-line looks slow and weak. Pass protection is pathetic. Benson cant block to save his life. Ron Turner is at least half-devil. Devin Hester is a God who plays Satan on certain Sundays.

Oh and our D is getting exhausted.

All that plus a QB who has a hard time reading defenses, cant get a rythm with his receivers, cant scramble at all, and doesnt know how to throw away from defenders.
                        Last edited by Bearsfan123; 09-26-2007, 12:22 AM.
                        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2006/...downfield.html

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information