Henne / Scott's new mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
    I think Dixon's made major improvements this year, with his overall vision/football IQ, and he's shown more mechanical consistency. The upside was always there with Dixon, and I think his draft value is ahead of Henne's right now.
    Well, you can't forget that Dixon might decide to play baseball instead of football.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
      Well, you can't forget that Dixon might decide to play baseball instead of football.
      have you looked at his stats? i think he's gonna play football.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
        have you looked at his stats? i think he's gonna play football.
        they said the same thing about Samardijza or however you spell his name...

Comment

I know QB is a pressing need in the draft, but I think we should go after McNabb with a trade in the offseason, because he clearly needs a change of scenery and what better than to come home to Chicago? We could then draft a young QB later, in possibly round 3, or day 2.

If we're as bad as we think we are. Do you guys think we might have a shot at Darren McFadden? He could definitely ignite our offense with his blazing speed and would wipe away the bust that is Cedric Benson.

I know it's a far-fetched idea. But seriously, this team isn't going to win a lot of games with all the injuries we have on defense and all the problems we have on offense. If I were a betting man, I'd say we'll be picking very high in the first round in 2008. We should shore up the QB position with McNabb and do what we can to get McFadden in a Bears uniform and cut Benson.

This would dramatically improve our offense next year, provided we get some sort of OL help from FA and the draft.
          Last edited by DaSuperfan; 10-02-2007, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I'm just not a huge fan of drafting a RB that high. I absolutely am not a fan of Benson, but drafting a RB that high when there other, arguably more pressing needs seems to be superfluous.

As for McNabb, I'm wary that he's winding down, and I'd hate to give up a first round pick (I'd assume that's the very least of what it would cost) for a guy who seems like he's not nearly the player he was a few years ago and needs a strong offensive cast to support him.

That said, as with all deals, my main thing would be to see what it costs. Because if it was relatively cheap, sure I'd give it some consideration.

Comment

i dont feel this guy deserves to be a first day pick let alone first round

Comment

McNabb won't cost anything if he's cut... which is a very likely scenario.

Comment

hopefully new situation occurs.

Comment

I'l be surprised if McNabb is cut outright, I'm sure the Eagles could get something for him via trade (especially if Childress is in boiling hot water after this season).

Toony, out of curiousity, who did you want the Bears to draft instead of Benson? You've probably already said, but I can't recall.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information